Q

loveisnthehouse

Hello everyone!

I have been a long-time reader and I have recently joined the forum. Nice to meet you:drunk:.

Thanks to the wonderful posts I have developed a regimen that I will share. First off, I am non relaxed (last relaxer was Sept. 14 2005) and I have Softliss BKT hair. The pictures for my pre BKT hair, BKT flat ironed hair and post BKT hair are in attachments (I wanted to put them in the post, but they aren't anywhere online, do they have to be online for me the put them in the post?).

Since doing the BKT I have switched shampoos and conditioners. The two shampoos I have are Kemi moyst no-soap shampoo and Breakthru fortifying moisturizing shampoo. The two conditioners are Isoplus orange conditioning conditioner and Elasta QP Intense fortifying hair conditioner. I spent some time picking these items out at the BSS this week. My goal was find shampoos that had no salts or sodium (the breakthru does have a sodium pretty far down the on the list) and conditioners that do not have any non water soluble silicones since I won’t be using shampoos with sulfates. And I succeeded!

So, what I have been doing recently is deep conditioning for the last three nights. Fist, I shampoo and condition with one of the before mentioned and then deep condition with ORS conditioner (the replenishing PAK in the bottle). Then I put Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream in and as my moisturizer and seal with extra virgin coconut oil. Since my hair is so short and I can't wrap it around my head I brush it back and wrap that and let it dry overnight. In the morning I take off my silk scarf and flat iron the front sections of my hair. My hair comes out shiny and moist and healthy looking. I love it!

My question for you all is in the winter I am not able to use coconut oil. I had a mishap a few years ago with coconut oil. I had put it in my hair and went outside in the cold weather, walking from my car to the building. When I got inside the coconut oil had hardened in my hair! I had little white bulbs of coconut oil hanging off the end of my hair :wallbash:. Needless to say, I do not want that happening again. Do you have any recommendations of good oil I can use to seal my hair with in the winter? I need something that will protect from heat, nothing too thick and doesn't have a strong smell. Any suggestions?

Thank you again, and hello! :drunk:

Attachments

• Pre BKT hair.JPG
    Pre BKT hair.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 17
  • BKT plus length.JPG
    BKT plus length.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Post BKT hair.JPG
    Post BKT hair.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 11

MonPetite

Welcome! I don't use oil for sealing but I've reviewed several serums that could help. We're glad to have you here at LHCF.

chebaby

i still use coconut oil in the winter with no problems. it does harden but it turns back to liquid when you get inside.
but for a good oil that does not hardens is cocasta oil by hairveda. its the best oil i've ever used. its thick and its a conditioning oil too.

loveisnthehouse

i still use coconut oil in the winter with no problems. it does harden but it turns back to liquid when you get inside.
but for a good oil that does not hardens is cocasta oil by hairveda. its the best oil i've ever used. its thick and its a conditioning oil too.

Thank you for the recommendation! I will head over there and check it out now.

Last edited: