Qhemet Biologics Amla Oil Pomade

africa

Hey guys,

I am thinking of trying this product and couldn't find too many reviews when I did a search.

Has anyone tried this? What's your review of it?

ximenia

i love it! i love that it doesnt contain mineral oil or petroleum jelly which makes it a true 'green grease.' it is thick but thins when you rub it between your fingers. i only use a tiny bit on my scalp and edges because a little goes a long way! plus its just amla oil and sesame, not amla and a million other oils and its not perfumy.

Nita81

I receieved mine on thursday and used it yesterday. I like it so far....a tiny bit goes a looooong way. It will take me forever to finish using 12oz!!!!!

Nita81

I'm sorry I was talking about the Amla/Olive heavy cream.....just glanced at the thread title again.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I've been wanting to try this. I love the heavy cream!! I have the Sidr Tree Butter to try out next.

Nita81

Pokahontas said:
I've been wanting to try this. I love the heavy cream!! I have the Sidr Tree Butter to try out next.

Have you ever pressed your hair with the A/O cream?? I thought about it yesterday when I flatironed but decided against it. I just put it on my scalp/new growth afterwards. TIA

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Nita81 said:
Have you ever pressed your hair with the A/O cream?? I thought about it yesterday when I flatironed but decided against it. I just put it on my scalp/new growth afterwards. TIA
Hey Nita. When I wash my hair I put a small amt. of AO creme and WGO on it and air dry then flat iron w/ heat protectant. It turns out good. Very shiny and silky soft. I love that stuff.

africa

Thanks for all the responses. It seems like they are a good natural line, so I may just go ahead and try them...:p

Anyone else have reviews?

jasmine26

i can't figure which i want to try first the amla pomade or the tea tree and grapeseed pomade. though, i've read great reviews on both! honestly, i don't think you can go wrong with any of her products. i also swear by her heavy cream followed closely by her sidr tree butter balm!

mahoganee

I just got mine last thursday along with the honeybush tea gel. I used both to do my two strand twists saturday and it left my hair very soft. I love it.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Are their products good for relaxed hair? How's the smell--specifically the olive cream and the olive/amla cream. I'd like to buy the sample pack. :)

Nita81

bklynwildheart said:
Are their products good for relaxed hair? How's the smell--specifically the olive cream and the olive/amla cream. I'd like to buy the sample pack. :)

The smell is very light....kinda like aloe vera gel...plant like.

africa

Aaaaw man. Now ya'll have me wanting try the other stuff too!!!

I tried the Dabur Amla oil and am not quite sure how I feel about it yet. How would those of you who've used both compare them?

much love,

A

Tamsin2005

I love the Sidr Butter by itself or mixed with the Honeybrush Hair Tea gel! I use it to help smooth my fly-a-ways when I wear my relaxed hair in a bun or just on my ends before I baggie them. The smell is wonderful! I've used the Amla Heavy cream and while it was nice, I like the Sidr Butter better. I think it's lighter on relaxed hair. The Amla Oil didn't work too well for me. It was kinda melted when it arrived here so that may have affected the consistency. It's a little too sticky for me....

Cheleigh

I really like the olive oil and honey hydrating balm, amla olive heavy cream and the sidr tree butter balm. I think sidr tree would be better for relaxed heads more than the heavy cream, unless using the heavy cream as a rinse out. I bought the tea tree & grapeseed pomade for my SO, and I took a sample before I gave it to him, but haven't used it yet.

Tene

I bought the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. I Should've bought the sidr butter cause it's too heavy for my hair. But it is very moisturizing though and gives my hair shine.

morehairplease

ladies can you post what's in the side tree balm for me please? I ordered the sample pack this past week and can not wait to get it.

tia,
tishee

jasmine26

i agree for relaxed heads, if you want to try the line i would definitely go with the sidr tree butter balm it is much lighter than the heavy cream!

the ingredients for the sidr tree butter balm are:

pure mowrah butter, distilled water, organic sidr extract, organic aloe africana, msm sulfur, vegetable glycerin, vegetable emulsifier, phenoxyethancl & ethylhexylglycerin(food grade paraben-free and formaldehyde-free preservative), fragrance.

morehairplease

jasmine26 said:
i agree for relaxed heads, if you want to try the line i would definitely go with the sidr tree butter balm it is much lighter than the heavy cream!

the ingredients for the sidr tree butter balm are:

pure mowrah butter, distilled water, organic sidr extract, organic aloe africana, msm sulfur, vegetable glycerin, vegetable emulsifier, phenoxyethancl & ethylhexylglycerin(food grade paraben-free and formaldehyde-free preservative), fragrance.

thanks jasmine! can this be used on a twa? tia

jasmine26

tishee, i don't see why not! On another hair board , a lot ladies have TWA's and absolutely love her products. It's good that you ordered the sampler pack, because you can experiment with combinations that works on your hair. On QB's website, she lists all recommended combinations of her products and how to use them. I know that in addition to giving me good twists, the heavy cream or the sidr tree butter balms both gives great definition to my hair!

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Tishee, I don't think you will be disappointed with any of her products. The karite (sp) milk will probably be too light, but you cant go wrong with any of the others. Qhemet were the first products that worked for me as a natural, as I had a problem with the dryness and scab hair too. The sample pack sizes are large enough for a few applications so you can get a feel for them. Also check out myhoneychild.com. Her buttery soy creame is a staple of mine now.