Qhemet Biologics Coco Tree Detangling Ghee

L.Brown1114

So I just bought this product after reading rave reviews...and have no idea how to use it. I know I know I’m a product junkie but I still haven’t found my holy grail leave in conditioner and I’m hoping this is it.

I was thinking of applying it to wet hair and then sealing it with jojoba oil. I’m a bit concerned it will be too heavy for my low porosity hair which is why I’m using it as the cream in my LCO method and water as my liquid and sealing with a light oil. Is this the correct way? Has anyone else with lowpo hair used this and loved it?

Once I receive and use it I plan on updating this with a review of course. I’m in braids right now but once I take them out I’m on it!

prettyinpurple

I use it on dry hair to detangle before washing or re-twisting my hair. When twisting my hair, I'll mix with a styling creme for the holding properties.

The product is very light but I do find that it leaves my hair a little oily if I'm heavy-handed.

I do not use it as a leave-in.

Also see the directions on the product page for details on detangling with it. FYI one of the first reviews mentions low porosity hair.
https://www.qhemetbiologics.com/detangler-cocoa-tree-ghee-p/ctdg.htm

L.Brown1114

I use it on dry hair to detangle before washing or re-twisting my hair. When twisting my hair, I'll mix with a styling creme for the holding properties.

The product is very light but I do find that it leaves my hair a little oily if I'm heavy-handed.

I do not use it as a leave-in.

Also see the directions on the product page for details on detangling with it. FYI one of the first reviews mentions low porosity hair.
https://www.qhemetbiologics.com/detangler-cocoa-tree-ghee-p/ctdg.htm

thanks for the link, the review was helpful. But the other reviews I've read people use it as a leave in and I wanted more of those people to comment. I'm glad it's lightweight and my hair can get definition with just water on it and no product so I don't need a styler unless it's for moisture purposes.

prettyinpurple

thanks for the link, the review was helpful. But the other reviews I've read people use it as a leave in and I wanted more of those people to comment. I'm glad it's lightweight and my hair can get definition with just water on it and no product so I don't need a styler unless it's for moisture purposes.
Yeah I will say that it does not give any hold to your style lol. Your hair will be nice and moisturized but not super defined.

My hair always looks so shiny and moisturized when I twist with it though. That's nice.

Last edited: