Qhemet Biologics Review (Long is an understatment :) )

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I received my sampler earlier this week and finally decided to do a review. I also wanted to list the ingredients because I couldnt find the full ingredients on the website.

I ordered two of the the 5 pack samplers:

Alma Oil Nourising Pomade
Mineral Oil-Free, Pure Amla Oil, Pure Sesame Oil
Nourishes Scalp & Softens Hair

INGREDIENTS: Plant Derived Polyglycerieds, Ayurvedic Alma (Emblica Officinalis) Oil, Virgin Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Vitamine (Mixed Tocopherols),

DIRECTIONS: Part hair and apply an thin layer directly to scalp. Use sparingly on hair to soften and smooth.

Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel
Non-Flaking, Non-Drying and Alcohol Free
Moisturizes & Defines Coils, Curls & Twists

INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water infused with Organic Honeybush (Cyclopedia Intermedia) Leaves, Glycerine, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Mixed Parabens, Fragrance.

DIRECTIONS: Work a small amount through damp or dry hair using fingertips to separate and add natural definition. Provides a soft hold for twists.

Herbal Henna Softening Oil
Pure Olive Oil, Extracts of Neutral Henna, Aloe, Alfalfa & Hops
Nourishes & Softens Fine, Dry Hair

INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil Subsstitue ( Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tridecyl Sterate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicapylate/Dicaprate), Pure Olive(Oleo Europa) Oil, Henna (Lawsonia Inermis) Extract, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, (Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Extract, Horsetail (Equiseturn Arvense) Extract, Hops (Humulus Lupulus) Extract, Kelp Extract, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols), Fragrance.

DIRECTONS: Spray a small to moderate amount into damp or dry hair. Leave in or rinse out.

Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Pure Olive Oil, Pure Wild Flower Honey, MSM
Softens & Hydrates Very Dry Hair

INGREDIENTS: Pure Olive (Olea Europa) Oil, Virgin Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, begetable Glycerine, Vegetable Emulsifer, Pure Wildflower Honey, MSM (Methysulfonylmethane), Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols), Fragrance.

USE: Rub between palms and work a moderate amount through damp or dry hair from root to end. Leave in and style.

Olive Cream
Pure Olive Oil, Virgin Coconut Cream, MSM
Instantly Detangles Unruly & Unmanageable Hair

INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water, Pure Olive (Olea Europa) Oil, Virgin Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Cream, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols), Phenoxyethanol, Mixed Parabens.

USE: For tangled hair, part hair and apply a moderate amount to one small section at a time. Gently work though eact section seperately with finters, comb or brush as hair is instantly softened and detangled. For normal hair, work a small amount through hair and comb or brush through. Leave in or rinse out.

All the products state for external use only. Keep out of reach of Children. As with any product, discontinue use if irritation occurs. Forgive any mispellings, the print was small and I'm nearsighted. ;)

OK...now on to the GOOD stuff :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

When I first tried the products I applied them to already dry hair. I wasnt sure what to think of them or if I liked them. You know I had to play with them as soon as they came so I used them all on one section or another. :D

The olive cream gave me a curl pattern as soon as it hit my hair. I was very impressed. I've never had a moisturizer do that before on DRY, already Afroed hair. It's very light, non greasy and instantly softens and detangles just like the bottle says. I recommend this for people with problems detangling their hair. This will probably work for relaxed and natural alike. The fragrance is *very* slight, not even noticeable.

The alma oil is semi-solid (doesnt run but is oil like, not heavy grease type) and it melts instantly as soon as your body heat touches it. It has the alma oil smell but its not overbearing, you can smell it but its faint. I didnt use this extensively. You probaby don't need to use this everyday. It adds a nice sheen, not heavy but heavier than the product feel I was going for. This will probably last me a while.

The Herbal Henna softening oil is wonderful. It does soften, takes away the hardness of your ends. I can't place the fragrance but its very slight. You would have to concentrate on it, sniffing it directly from the bottle, to even notice it. I hope the full size bottle has a better spray pump on it. The sample sizes the spray comes out in a single stream, it doesnt come out like a mist where you would want to spray it directly to your hair, as it would be concentrated in one spot. I sprayed it on my hands and distributed though my hair. The oil is light to medium in its consistency, doesnt weigh hair down at all. I think this was mostly responsible for my Hand-In-Fro Disease this week. :)

The Honey Bush Hair Gel does exactly what it says it does, softens, gives definintion, doesnt flake, and its not sticky. I distributed this though out my hair as well. It gave my hair a nice shine. It has a light, perfume-y fragrance that I love. Not over powering, not noticeable in use but I've spent quite a bit of time sniffing the jar.

The Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm has a med-thick consistency to it, leaning to the thicker side. I thought it was going to be sticky but it wasnt. Rub it together well in your hands to spread it evenly though dry hair. It also softens well. This smells just like honey, like the Perlier Honey products and lotions. This is the only product you can actually smell as you use it. It drove me nuts until I figured out what the smell reminded me of (the Perlier) because I couldnt place the fragrance at first and I knew I had smelled it before.

I got the products Wed, and havent been able to keep my hands out my hair since. :lol: My fro felt soooooooooo good. I've been at my desk everyday just passing my hands over the edges of my hair because its so soft. I really like the oil. I'm hoping some of the chemists on the board can clarify some of the ingredients in it.

This morning I used it on all wet hair for the first time. I had washed my hair the night before and left condtioner (got2bsmooth, says 3-10 minutes but I dont follow directions well :) ) on it w/ a heating cap. I rinsed, put a little surge and bbd stretch in it then applied the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm, the Honeybush Hairtea Gel, and followed up with the softening Oil. All I can say is WOW!!! I had curlz and ringletz poppin out all ova the place!!! Even my crown area, that frizzes more than anything, had good definition. The products went on with a whitish fimly look,(I'm not sure if the whitish look was because of these products or the Stretch) but after maybe 15-20 minutes it had good sheen, after it dried my hair was the bomb. So far since being natural these are the first products that after a wash and go left me with curl definition AND sheen, not greasy or oily to the touch. Folx can play in my hair now. :) When it dried it looked exactly like it did wet. I played in my hair so much today parts of the back of it, which is finer than the rest of my hair) was straight by the time I got home. It was the parts I pulled underneat my headband. :lol: I didnt lose defintion by just rubbing my hands though my hair tho, like with some products. You know how your hair will look curly or wavy until you touch it, then its frizz central. Not so with these products. Much later after I started to unravel each and every curl it frizzed a lil and started lookin froish. That was serveral hours later tho after I had gotten home from work and couldnt keep my hands away. I just rewet it, put a lil Gel and Hydrating balm in it, finger combed and the curls popped right back. The hold was firm but not stiff, hard or crispy and my hair didnt flake as I messed with it while dry. I'm really impressed with the sheen. My hair looks sooooo purty :D . I just LOVE the fact my hair is touchable, not sticky at all, once its dried.

I havent tried the Olive cream or Alma on wet hair yet and they still have the Herbal Olive Pomade, thats not included witht he sample pack, that I havent tried yet. Unless I find something else cheaper that gives me the same results I plan to repurchase the Honeybush Gel, the Olive & honey Hydrating Balm and the Softening Oil. I had ordered two sample packs, they oil will last me a while, they hydrating balm a little less time but I think I need to stock up on the Hair Gel. If it werent for the shipping and handling charges it would be an ok buy but for 2 sample packs I ended up spending 40 bucks after shipping. I ordered on a Thursday, rec'd the confirmation email on Fri, and had the products the following Wed.

Sorry this is so long but y'all know how my reviews are. :cool: I recommend trying the sample pack, especially the folx with detangling problems to see if the olive cream will solve your problems. I can see using all these products on hair that is relaxed or natural.

Last edited:

ljones4521

Will you please post the website. I am very interested in this olive cream, as I just put a texturizer on my hair. I had been natural for about 6 months but then decided to put a texturizer on when I discovered this website. I was always desired natural curls but could never quite get them. I am hoping if I try this product with the texturizer it will help to create a little more curl definition. I simply wash and go now with a little moisturizer (shea butter & Olive Oil cream).

Thanks
Lisa

Enchantmt

I'm sorry I meant to add that to my review.

http://qhemetbiologics.com

I uploaded a few pics to my journal so folx can see mah ringletz. :) Trust when I say I dont have curly silky hair, tho it does have a corkscrewish curl pattern. When its in a fro its very thick and looks like any other fro but you can see the curl pattern to it if you look closely. The flash makes it look a lil curlier than normal but I have 3c/4a hair. I love this stuff. I will try to take some afro dry hair pics next weekend but right now I'm rockin mah wash n go ringletz!!

vangrey

i :love: these products as well... i just haven't had time to give a review yet. i ordered the five pack sample as well. everything smells wonderful!! and it was only sixteen plus shipping. i am very impressed with their products. i used everything except the detangler. i didn't need a detangler becuz lacio does a nice job, so i use the olive cream as a lotion. and i must say it does a wonderful job!!! it really leaves your hands feeling very moistured and soft. anyways, im going to have to order another sample pack bc my bf fell in love with it too and hasn't returned the products.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I love :love:the Qhemet Biologics Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel. I just got my order this Saturday and I applied it to my airdried hair while I plaited my hair on Sunday morning. (pics in album) I fell inlove :love:immediately after I applied it to my ends and it just melted away in my hair and made it very soft, curly, smelling delicious:lick: and very shiny. I was like wow!!:eek::yay: This is definately a keeper:yep:. I can't wait to try it on my wet hair and just let it airdry to see the end results. I would like to try the other products as well but I already ordered other hair products from Oyin, Asha, Carols Daughter and Myhoneychild:lick: :woot:so I have to wait until I finish all of these first. But thanks for your wonderful review and also thanks to the person who posted the link to this website in the thread about what items would you put in a gift basket for a friend with natural hair:yep:.

Oh I can't forget to mention that their customer service is very excellent:up:. They listened to all my request about shipping because I didn't want them to use UPS to ship my order because I always have problems receiving my packages so I requested that USPS was used instead as my shipping option and my request was granted.:)

Enchantmt

Yeah, I really liked them. I'm glad this was helpful. I still want to try some of they myhoneychild and oyin products. All I had to do this morning was spray a lil surge and my leave in conditioner in to refresh my curls. It was nice to not have to go out with a soaking wet head.

cocopuff

I received my sample pack from them a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it and am still using hem. I think that if I reorder any of these products, it will be the Honeybush Hair Tea, the Olive and Honey Balm or the Olive Detangler Cream. I also want to try akivanaturals.com because I've heard good things about these products.

ximenia

This line is the truth y'all! I e-mailed them about their conditioner and was told it would be out next month! Can't Wait! :love:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I actually got the samples thinking of my daughter's natural hair. I didn't even think to use them on my relaxed hair.

My daughter is in braids but when I take them down I want to try the samples on her. Meanwhile I will use the olive honey on my nape which remain to be the driest area of all on my head.

Thanks for the wonderful review.

angellazette

Hmmm, I may have to try the sampler! They only have a 4 item sampler, but it has all the products you guys are mentioning.