Question about airdrying using ponytail method...

T

Tee

Do you use a scrunchy or damage-free "ouchless" rubber bands to hold your ponytail? Can those ouchless rubber bands be used on wet hair or is that not a good idea?

silvergirl

i like to use mini scrunchys. ouceless works ok, but i mostly use those when my hair is already dry.

jrw

I use whatever I can find at that moment. Sometimes I use big scrunchies but I don't mind using the ouchless bands either.

Babygurl

I faithfully used the ouchless bands for airdrying up until my last relaxer and I never got any breakage. Now I use the mini scrunchies I found.

Sweetyb

I use my pantyhose hairbands... I cut out 2" pieces so that when they wrap around my hair they are thick and sturdy enough not to cause any breakage. I use it on both wet and dry hair. I'll usually wrap one down the length of my ponytail and let it airdry that way.

Isis

I use the ouchless band after soaking them in olive oil.
I am interested in those mini scruchies though. Where did you get yours Babygurl?

The pantyhose idea is a very good one too!

T

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
I use my pantyhose hairbands... I cut out 2" pieces so that when they wrap around my hair they are thick and sturdy enough not to cause any breakage. I use it on both wet and dry hair. I'll usually wrap one down the length of my ponytail and let it airdry that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...
Do you get waves when you wrap the pantyhose down the length of your ponytail?

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I am interested in those mini scruchies though. Where did you get yours Babygurl?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from CVS and Ive seen them at Walmart, they're made by Scunci.

Tracy

I use these:

Also by scunci. They're called Soft anf Light Hair Hosiery No Damage Elastics.....

I buy them in all black - but I guess they come in colors. I can only ever find them at CVS.

Laginappe

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I use these:

Also by scunci. They're called Soft anf Light Hair Hosiery No Damage Elastics.....

I buy them in all black - but I guess they come in colors. I can only ever find them at CVS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use these too. The ouchless ones still ripped my hair at the little glue spot. I didn't know these came in colors either! I've only seen them in black and brown.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from CVS and Ive seen them at Walmart, they're made by Scunci.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you Babygurl!

Thank you too Tracy for posting those pics!

Tracy

You guys are welcome. I'm glad they helped.

You know what I use sometimes too?

Bolitas That's how I know them but I've also heard them called Bubbles - like the ones Adrienne uses to secure her hair for her phonytail? I find them easier to get in and out of my hair without breakage, whether wet or dry.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
The ouchless ones still ripped my hair at the little glue spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's EXACTLY why stopped buying them things.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I use these:

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought these a few weeks ago at Kroger

rowandaP

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I use these:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found these at Dots, do they work on wet hair?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
rowandaP said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I use these:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found these at Dots, do they work on wet hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they work great on wet and dry hair (for me, it works on wet hair better).