Question about Aphogee

glamazon386

I have some shedding that hasn't stopped from just DCing with the ORS paks. It slowed down but sometimes when I touch my hair (when I had it out) I still get little pieces coming out. I bought a packet of Aphogee a while back but I never used it between weaves bc I didn't have my bonnet dryer. Well I got it back from my friend yesterday and this weave is annoying me. So I plan on taking it out and using the Aphogee. Am I still supposed to DC in addition to the Aphogee? If so, do I do it before or after I use the Aphogee? I usually use ORS pak on my hair when I take my weave out. Then I put it back in within the next week or two. Also, does anyone have any tips for using the Aphogee? I remember reading on here people saying something about it making their hair hard or making it shed. I don't want more problems than I already have. TIA Ladies...

I would clarity first. Then apply the Aphrogee and let it fully dry under a dryer. Next, apply a good deep conditioner w/ a cap on and set back under the dryer for at least 25 minutes. If you have time you can leave the cap on longer. Next just rinse and style in a hair style(with a creamy leave-in) where you won't be manipulating you hair. Like a rod set, roller set or a bun. And in the following weeks follow with a deep conditioner weekly.

Aphrogee helps my hair. It doesn't stop shedding b/c that is natural but it helps with breakage. And I do it every six weeks or every time I take down my weaves or braids.

I wash my hair in the shower first, then I squeeze the excess water out with my hands. Next I apply the Aphogee. I quickly work it in with my hands, and then let the hair just hang down my back. I do this in the shower, as it is prone to drip down my body and I wouldnt want it to mess up my rugs. Dont attempt to comb or detangle at all while the Aphogee is in your hair.

I dont have a hooded-drier, so I use a hand-held blowdryer with the funnel piece attached. I simply turn this on high and aim it all over my hair until it dries completely. It may take up to half an hour, but you can check by touching your scalp and the hair, to see when its ready. Once its hardened sufficiently, you simply get back in the shower, and rinse it out. Your hair will start to soften as soon as the water touches it.

I follow this up with the Aphogee moisturizing conditioner. I keep that in about 5 minutes or so. Then I follow up with my own homeade concoction: suave milk & honey, a spoon of olive oil, and a spoon of honey. I work this in and put on a plastic cap. Since I dont have a hooded drier, I simply walk around the house and do a few chores. I keep it in about 20 minutes, at the most. Then I rinse out.... and my hair is soft and moisturized.

I was really scared to try the Big Bad Aphogee at first.... I'd heard such frightening stories about it. But once i did it.... it was easy. And now its an important part of my regimen. I do it every 9 weeks, 1-2 weeks after a touch-up.

Hope it went well for you, but it matted my hair together and made it super frizzy, that was the beginning of my hair troubles...

I have a question too. since aphogee is supposed to be such a hardcore protein treatment would using a daily protein leave in conditioner be overdoing it? should you only moisturize for the six weeks??

Back