Question about butying a flat iron.

keepithealthy

Hello Ladies :D I've been away for quite some time. busy, busy busy... Anyhew I got sidetracked on the internet yesterday and started looking at hair again. Btw I'm loving my natural hair!!! No more relaxer for me..ever!

I want to buy a flat iron to straighten my hair. (something I'll only do a few times a year). I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on an affordable flat iron. I heard about the chi, but that’s a bit much to spend on a flat iron for me anyway. Any suggestions on an affordable flat iron that’s good and will straighten natural hair?

Thanks Ladies
I'll post updated pics soon

jaszymeen

i have a babyliss i got from marshalls for $24.99, i also have a gvp chi i got on sale for $50...i like the babyliss better. i heard walmart has a brand called andis that works pretty well for around $15. i guess the most important feature to look for when buying a flat iron is to make sure it has cermic plates. dont forget your heat protectant too

eta: im not natural im relaxed so im not sure how well those would work for you...my moms mostly natural and i use my babyliss on her but shes a silky 3b/3c....

Kneechay

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/tool-science-digital-tourmaline-styling-iron

TOOL SCIENCE: this iron is the truth. It gets my hair shiny & straight. I know there are alot of irons that tout to be this and that, but this reasonably priced iron ($56) is great. I love it. I bought it at Sally's and quit using my more expensive CHI. Me and my friends swear by this. It's slept on and the heat is adjustable, which is a must for me.

Some friends who have tried to go buy it say they've had trouble, but i discovered there's just a new model that's out that looks a tad different. Ask the people who work there.