Question about Ceramide buildup?

sunbubbles

Ok so lately Ive been doin some research on all the benefits of ceramides, and products containing ceramides. Ive decided that I would like to test the different OILS that contain ceramides such as wheat germ oil. (THANK GOD I found something to use it for cause that stuff tastes horrible!! :lachen:) So for my DC yesterday I mixed up some Giovanni DM Condish :lick:, Honey, and Wheat Germ Oil. I heated that up, applied and DC'ed overnight. This morning I washed with cold water, and applied my leave-in.
I guess my question is, that I had heard that there is a possibility for buildup when using products with cermides, but would that be the case when using OILS that CONTAIN cermides naturally instead?? Is it still the same type of buildup that could happen??
All you Ceramide freaks help me out!! :grin:

taz007

I just started using ceramides and have yet to experience build up. I use a chelating or clarifying shampoo every week so I hope that this will not be a problem.

sunbubbles

I just started using ceramides and have yet to experience build up. I use a chelating or clarifying shampoo every week so I hope that this will not be a problem.

Wow! Every week??!! it obviously has'nt had a bad effect on for you cause ur hair is beautiful! How do you keep your hair so moisturized despite clarifying every week? Do you use ceramides in products or natural oils that contain them? TIA!

taz007

I use Biolage Cera-Repair Hydrotherapie. Every week, I mix half of the little bottle in my Joico Reconstructor and the other half in my Joico Intense Hydrator (I steam this in).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This will be my 2nd Week using Matrix Biolage Ceramide.:yep: Will be cautious and on the look-out for any type of possible 'build up'. I clarified today, so it will be easy to tell.

Thanks for the Heads Up.:grin:

So Far, I am giving incorporating Ceramide into my weekly Regi 2 Thumbs Up. When I was researching it, it said it gives your Hair what Protein & Moisture Cannot/Doesnot Give.

So, it's worth a try.

naturalpride

I just purchased the Matrix BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Pro4 Treatment (For Dry Hair) from Beauty of New York. I can't wait to try it. There are 10 applications in each box, I'll keep ya'll posted:)

jamaraa

I've used various products w/ ceramides over the years and never experienced this. I don't think ceramides build up, either those from natural oil sources or in condish. Obviously you can overdo anything, so a little common sense is in order, but w/ general use I don't think so.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've used various products w/ ceramides over the years and never experienced this. I don't think ceramides build up, either those from natural oil sources or in condish. Obviously you can overdo anything, so a little common sense is in order, but w/ general use I don't think so.

J:

How Often do you use it? Is it something that can/should be used Weekly?:look:

jamaraa

IDare Well, I have some ceramide moisturizing hair cream (Sedal) that I use quite often...sometimes daily for a few weeks at a time, but I do like to rotate prods on general principal.

I've use Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm for many years now, sometimes as a weekly DC and I've never had problems. I don't see why this prod couldn't be used weekly. It's a great moisture prod. :yep:

Let's put it like this, I NEVER use clarifying shampoos cuz I never need them.

If you're worried about this, rotate. LOL...people around here worry about too much stuff, IMHO. If what you're doing works for you, stick w/ it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
IDare Well, I have some ceramide moisturizing hair cream (Sedal) that I use quite often...sometimes daily for a few weeks at a time, but I do like to rotate prods on general principal.

I've use Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm for many years now, sometimes as a weekly DC and I've never had problems. I don't see why this prod couldn't be used weekly. It's a great moisture prod. :yep:

Let's put it like this, I NEVER use clarifying shampoos cuz I never need them.

If you're worried about this, rotate. LOL...people around here worry about too much stuff, IMHO. If what you're doing works for you, stick w/ it.

Thanks Girl.

IK I could count on You to Give me a Detailed, Concise, Definitive Answer.:grin:

I will continue using this weekly. So Far, Great Results.

jamaraa

NP, T. It seems like your hair like ceramides and I find they are very nice on my head too :2cool:. It sounds like you use them just like the label says, so don't worry! ;)