Question about Co-washing

bluediamond0829

I just have some questions about co-washing...i did my first co-wash yesterday...and i didnt see that many hairs that came out or shedded when i did this...but i just have some questions about it...im trying to stick to doing something like the Motions repairing breakage but with my products that i already have..i dont too much care for using Motions products...but my questions are:

1. Has anyone tried this and has proven to stop breakage and grow the hair?
2. Is it okay to do it everyday? or should i follow with doing it every four days?
3. Will there be alot of build up left from just doing conditioner washes?
4. Do you feel that shampoos strip the hair too much?
5. Does anyone have any pictures of what their hair was like before they started doing co-washes and what it looks like now?

Heres a example of the process that Motions gave to stop breakage.

We receive frequent questions about breaking hair and related problems. Here is a recipe that will stop breakage, slow the formation of split ends and thicken broken, frayed hair. It asks that you not shampoo your hair for thirty two days:
Rinse hair until the water runs clear.
Apply a generous amount of Motions CPR conditioner.
Massage into hair as you would a shampoo.
Let it sit for about fifteen minutes.
Rinse with room-temperature water.
Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
Apply Motions Oil Sheen.
Dry and style your hair.
Apply Motions hairdressing every morning. [You will notice a difference immediately. You hair will feel thicker and softer. Repeat this procedure every four days, for one full month.]
The tenth treatment starts with the same warm water rinse, then lather with CPR shampoo.
Rinse lightly.
Rinse with room-temperature water after three minutes.
Apply Motions Salon Sheen.
Dry and style your hair.
Continue the shampoo & conditioner treatment weekly until your hair is long and thick as desired.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Yes, I was trying this, actually I did a 32 no shampoo challenge that used the motions regime only myself and another member tried it.
bluediamond0829 said:
I just have some questions about co-washing...i did my first co-wash yesterday...and i didnt see that many hairs that came out or shedded when i did this...but i just have some questions about it...im trying to stick to doing something like the Motions repairing breakage but with my products that i already have..i dont too much care for using Motions products...but my questions are:

1. Has anyone tried this and has proven to stop breakage and grow the hair?In the beginning I seen a big difference but after awhile about the 6th treatment I didn't see much of a change.
2. Is it okay to do it everyday? or should i follow with doing it every four days?It's basically a CW I guess it would be okay if your hair loves CW's, I don't think my hair does.
3. Will there be alot of build up left from just doing conditioner washes?I believe so that's why we all should use a clarifying poo or ACV rinse to remove build-up.
4. Do you feel that shampoos strip the hair too much?I don't think so, at least not the poo's that I use but there are some poo's that can be very stripping, use a good moisturizing poo so that it cleans the hair but adds moisture at the same time.
5. Does anyone have any pictures of what their hair was like before they started doing co-washes and what it looks like now?I took pictures when I begin the process but I think keeping my hair and scalp moisturized and clean w/the right products, also wearing protective styles contributed to my hairs health jump. I think I can only CW once a week and poo & DC every 3-4 days is better for my hair. Oh year and stretching my relaxer :D . When I finish up this film I will try to post pictures soon.
If you try it let us know how it works our for you, because alot of pple said it does work or at least have worked for them in another thread.:)
Heres a example of the process that Motions gave to stop breakage.

We receive frequent questions about breaking hair and related problems. Here is a recipe that will stop breakage, slow the formation of split ends and thicken broken, frayed hair. It asks that you not shampoo your hair for thirty two days:
Rinse hair until the water runs clear.
Massage into hair as you would a shampoo.
Let it sit for about fifteen minutes.
Rinse with room-temperature water.
Apply Motions Oil Sheen.
Dry and style your hair.
Apply Motions hairdressing every morning. [You will notice a difference immediately. You hair will feel thicker and softer. Repeat this procedure every four days, for one full month.]
The tenth treatment starts with the same warm water rinse, then lather with CPR shampoo.
Rinse lightly.
Rinse with room-temperature water after three minutes.
Apply Motions Salon Sheen.
Dry and style your hair.
Continue the shampoo & conditioner treatment weekly until your hair is long and thick as desired.

Divine Inspiration

Hey girl...glad you had a good experience...have you thought about trying DDTA for CO washes???

1. Has anyone tried this and has proven to stop breakage and grow the hair?

I've had a good experience with CO washes but I only do them when my new growth gets to be too much around week 6 or 7. It helps keep me from having breakage around the line of demarcation. I noticed that my shedding & breakage was significantly decreased, and this is one of the things that led me to decide to stop using poos with sulfates.

2. Is it okay to do it everyday? or should i follow with doing it every four days?

I would imagine it's ok to do it every day. A lot of ladies on the board do daily CO washes. Personally my hair takes too long to dry to do them every day, but the stimulation of the scalp combined with the effects of the conditioner are supposed to be really good for growth & retaining length.

3. Will there be alot of build up left from just doing conditioner washes?

I think there will be a lot of buildup from doing CO washs frequently, especially every day. Like the Beautiful said, I think you have to step up the clarifying if you do CO washes.

4. Do you feel that shampoos strip the hair too much?

I have found that poos don't necessarily strip my hair too much, but gentler poos provide me with softer hair and less breakage/shedding. Creamy poos that don't contain sulfates work the best on my hair. Even though Nexxus Botanoil has sulfates, it has never left me with stripped hair after a poo.

5. Does anyone have any pictures of what their hair was like before they started doing co-washes and what it looks like now?

Unfortunately, I don't have any before & after CO pics. I'm too lazy to take pics of my hair on wash days :lol: much less CO days.