Question about extracts & oil infusions (Moe's growth oil)

Sui Topi

Hi guys, I have a question. I have a friend who is trying the Moe's growth oil formula and she wants to use a stinging nettle extract that has 37% grain alcohol and distilled water. We were just wondering to all those who use extracts in their infusions, is that okay to mix with carrier oil and use on the scalp? Will it still give good results and is it safe to use like that? Thanks in advance!

jamaraa

Yes, she can use it. I'm assuming it's in tincture form? 1 oz (ie 30 mls) is the usual amount they come in, so that would pretty much give about 15 mls worth of booze which is less than 1/3 of the product. To put it in prospective, a 1 oz bottle contains around 30 droppers full and that's around 10 droppers full. IOW, not much. Way less than a beer and people use beer all the time to condition.

The booze won't hurt the MoeGrow and is safe to use..tho it could be a touch drying. I wouldn't worry about it tho, it's a tiny amount in a large recipe.

Last edited:

bellezanegra826

i use the extracts and it is working fine for me. its not drying at all but you do have to shake up the mixture b/c it tends to separate over time