Question about list of ingredients!

Porsche19

I think that they are trying to trick me! :dizzy:

Here is a partial list of ingredients from lekair's cholesterol plus:

Deoinized water, Cetearyl alcohol AND Peg-40 Castor Oil AND stearalkonium chloride, Cetyl alcohol, mineral oil, Fragrance, blah blah blah...

What bothers me about it is the Cetearyl alcohol AND Peg-40 Castor Oil AND stearalkonium chloride part.

Does this mean that they mix these 3 ingredients up before they put them in the product? That would mean that it counts as one ingredient, not as three separate ingredients written in the order of highest to lowest concentration. I suspect that this is the case. :sekret:

I wouldn't have used it if I caught that earlier. I was thinking that mineral oil was 5th or 6th down the list... not the 3rd (I'm not counting the water) My hair doesn't like that amount of mineral oil, I'm glad I only used it once because repeated usings would have really hurt me.

So just to make sure... is there a difference between when they use the word "and" or a comma?

BAILEYSCREAM

Ok, I have my bottle in front of me. They have a tub as well as a bottle (liquid formula). I can't see any ANDs, all I see is the comas. Mineral oil is the 5th ingredient. In my understanding an "AND" basically means the same thing as a "comma". But I'll check and come back to you on that if I can.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
they probably just have equal amounts of each product. but putting a coma would make consumers think there was more of the 1st ingredient... so they use "and"