Question About Tithing

length4me

What is the best way to tithe if you don't belong to a local church? Is it wise to tithe at the church that you visit or since there are so many ministries that are available online that accept donations to pick one of those so that you can tithe one place in a consistent manner?

TIA:)

kally

I also do not attend a church. I do however faithfully watch Joel Osteen so I send mine there. Or also you can give to others in need. I believe that that also counts as tithing.

mango387

length4me said:
What is the best way to tithe if you don't belong to a local church? Is it wise to tithe at the church that you visit or since there are so many ministries that are available online that accept donations to pick one of those so that you can tithe one place in a consistent manner?

TIA:)

I tithe and give offerings at the church that I have adopted as mine for the time that I am here in CA. Doing so has its benefits.*** For example, I once had a minor problem, but the church needed to verify that I had been attending. (The church is large with about 5000 members). First, they wanted to know if I were active in any ministries for verification purposes. I wasn't. Then, they wanted to know if I had given there, because the church would have a record of my attendance. I had; therefore, they could point me to the right direction. I know it may seem as if they helped me because I had given money there, but that wasn't the case. They were willing to help because they had a record of me existing and attending the church faithfully. I hope this helps.

***I want to make sure that I am perfectly clear on the point. I give because I am trying to be obedient to GOD, not to take advantages of church services. At first, I even believed that I should not even right my name of tithe and offering envelopes, because I felt that what I gave to GOD was between Him and me. Then, my mom told me that because we don't live in a perfect world, I should write my name on my offerings. She was right.