question for henrilou

babyblue

i love your pics, i think i've found my hair twin! I ws wondering about your routine because i read that you only wash press 1xmonth. how do you manage in between that time? I havee to press every two weeks because after about a week and a half my scalp starts to feel "icky" and i get the urge to wash again. When i was younger occasionally i could wait up to 4 weeks before wash/pressing again and it didnt bother me, but now if i wait longer than two weeks i get dandruff mixed with sweat and i start itching like a mad woman. In the summer time i just keep it natural so i can wash and rinse often. How do you manage with monthly washing especialy during hot seasons?

henrilou

Hi. It's good to be twins!!! Well I really only wash/press once every 3 weeks 1. because the comb-out is horrible. I cannot stand to have my nappy/wet hair comb out. I get so anxious over it. I agonize over every strand that comes out.
2. The less heat I put on my hair the longer it gets.

So. inbetween I wrap everynight. I wear it down during the day or I clip it up. (Mostly I clip it up).
It doesn't get too itchy or if it does I use a cottonball/tea trea oil and that feels really good on my scalp. But I really stick to the 3 weeks thing. That seems to work for my hair.

babyblue

Thanks for replying henrilou yeah comb out sucks! Thats why i do it myself i dont let nobody else not even my hairdresser detangle my hair. i bring my own leave in conditioner and do my own comb out. I lose 75% less hair this way because im more gentler on my hair than anyone else can be.