Question for SDA members from New York

Bklynqueen

Hello! I've decided to take my daughter ( and myself) to Kingsboro Church on Easter Sabbath. Could someone tell me how to get there and what are the cross streets? I know it's somewhere in Park Slope, I will take a cab there..

AJamericanDiva

Hey Girl!!!
Kingsboro is on 7th street between 6th and 7th avenue. New York Methodist hospital is up the block on 7th avenue from the church. Where are you coming from? When I was living in Bklyn, I'd take Utica avenue to the circle at Eastern Parkway, go around the circle and get on Union Street. I'd take Union street to 6th ave, make a left and then go to 7th street and make a left. The church is on the left hand side closer to6th ave. Too bad I won't be there this Sabbath. I'll be in Dallas. Get there early. I anticipate it being really packed.

Last edited:

Bklynqueen

Thanks girls! Ms. Jamerican Diva, I live 2 blocks away from Utica so I'll take that until I hit Eastern Pkwy exit towards Grand Army. Thanks again!!!!

AJamericanDiva

Bklynqueen said:
Thanks girls! Ms. Jamerican Diva, I live 2 blocks away from Utica so I'll take that until I hit Eastern Pkwy exit towards Grand Army. Thanks again!!!!

You're welcome. You must come again when I'm there so we can fellowship together.

kisz4tj

Bklynqueen said:
Maybe we can look for each other. I plan to be there this Sabbath.

Bklynqueen

kisz4tj said:
Maybe we can look for each other. I plan to be there this Sabbath.

Did you go?! I went and it was so packed that I don't think I would have recognized you even if I was looking! LOL. It was a great service and the singing was OFF THE CHAIN!! My sister came with me and my daughter did also, and although my daughter enjoyed the service, I'm really going to have to try to instill some manners in her. I was sitting on the balcony at first and had her on my lap but she kept pulling the woman's collar in front of me and whenever she clapped, she kicked the person next to me. Needless to say, I had to move within 5 minutes of sitting there. Then I went to the first floor where they have the plasma and there was an older gent sitting in front of me and Delilah was in chattering and walking a little bit and he looked at Delilah. The next thing I knew, I looked in front of me a he was GONE! Well! I felt like sticking my tongue at him. So I took her down the basement to play with the other kids for a while, then took her to the bathroom where she proceeded to look underneath the stalls! On that note, I decided to hold my water until I got home and picked up my child and got out of there! Just so you know, she's 20 months which I think is a very good time to teach her manners.

MomofThreeBoys

I'm glad you enjoyed the service!!! I miss Kingsboro so much....

Bklynqueen said:
Did you go?! I went and it was so packed that I don't think I would have recognized you even if I was looking! LOL. It was a great service and the singing was OFF THE CHAIN!! My sister came with me and my daughter did also, and although my daughter enjoyed the service, I'm really going to have to try to instill some manners in her. I was sitting on the balcony at first and had her on my lap but she kept pulling the woman's collar in front of me and whenever she clapped, she kicked the person next to me. Needless to say, I had to move within 5 minutes of sitting there. Then I went to the first floor where they have the plasma and there was an older gent sitting in front of me and Delilah was in chattering and walking a little bit and he looked at Delilah. The next thing I knew, I looked in front of me a he was GONE! Well! I felt like sticking my tongue at him. So I took her down the basement to play with the other kids for a while, then took her to the bathroom where she proceeded to look underneath the stalls! On that note, I decided to hold my water until I got home and picked up my child and got out of there! Just so you know, she's 20 months which I think is a very good time to teach her manners.

kisz4tj

Bklynqueen said:
WAIT A MINUTE!! I must have seen you. I also had to sit in the overflow room and I saw a lil girl walking around and someone calling her name Delilah. :think:

Bklynqueen

Yep, I was in the overflow room and the Plasma was broken and I'm sure there are not too many Delilah's hanging around. I was there with my twin sister. I wish I saw you! :)

kisz4tj

Bklynqueen said:
Yep, I was in the overflow room and the Plasma was broken and I'm sure there are not too many Delilah's hanging around. I was there with my twin sister. I wish I saw you! :)

I think I was sitting right by you. I wore a cream coat and had on a royal blue wool suit with a flower pinned to my lapel. My hair was down doobie style. I had on jewelry. If you're who I think you are you sat to my left. I recall two women sitting together with a lil girl. Did you or your sister have a black blazer?

Bklynqueen

kisz4tj said:
I think I was sitting right by you. I wore a cream coat and had on a royal blue wool suit with a flower pinned to my lapel. My hair was down doobie style. I had on jewelry. If you're who I think you are you sat to my left. I recall two women sitting together with a lil girl. Did you or your sister have a black blazer?

My sister had on a black blazer, I had on a cream blazer, aqua/ beige/ skirt, sreme shoes. Delilah had on a yellow dress and ribbons in her hair. Were you sitting in the back row? Your outfit and hairstyle is ringing bells..:)

kisz4tj

Bklynqueen said:
My sister had on a black blazer, I had on a cream blazer, aqua/ beige/ skirt, sreme shoes. Delilah had on a yellow dress and ribbons in her hair. Were you sitting in the back row? Your outfit and hairstyle is ringing bells..:)
Yep.....whats so funny is during service I pulled out my sidekick to check this thread n see if you responded...who knew you were right there. lol Delilah is too cute.

Bklynqueen

kisz4tj said:
Yep.....whats so funny is during service I pulled out my sidekick to check this thread n see if you responded...who knew you were right there. lol Delilah is too cute.

Thank you! :) This is too funny! I know exactly who you are now, I was whispering to my sister that your outfit was hot. Loved the colors and shoes! LOL. Next time I go over there, I will let you know what I'm wearing so we could seek each other out. :)