Question for Texlaxers/Texturizers

BrownSkin2

I'm a natural, and have been thinking about texlaxing for better manageability and to cut down on tangles, knots, and perhaps wear a rollerset occasionally, but still be able to wear a wash n go. I'd like to know what relaxer/texturizer do you use? The strength..(i.e. mild, regular), and how long do you leave it in? Any other tips are welcome.
;)

Radianthealth

Hi,

I am a texlaxer and I use silk elements lye relaxer mixed with about 1/4 cup of olive oil. I may try a little castor oil next time.

I leave it in my hair for 12-15 minutes rinse thoroughly apply a protein reconstructor for about a minute, rinse and neutralize.

I love being texlaxed. You can see the texture of my hair by clicking on my album link.

sareca

I used Phyto II w/ a little protein (and next time some oil). Total processing time (incl. application time) was 11 minutes. It's a little too straight. I'm hoping the oil will slow down the processing time. *fingers crossed*

Zawaj

sareca said:
I used Phyto II w/ a little protein (and next time some oil). Total processing time (incl. application time) was 11 minutes. It's a little too straight. I'm hoping the oil will slow down the processing time. *fingers crossed*

:kiss: Thanks for always posting helpful info (not the products though, I actually came into the thread with my debit card in hand j/k :look:). This saves me from pm-ing you :).

I plan to texlax next month with Phyto II and I was thinking of adding about 1 teaspoon of SAA and 1 tablespoon of EVOO or castor oil. How does that sound? I was also going to spritz my hair thoroughly with SAA a couple of days before. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated :)!

sareca

Zawaj said:
:kiss: Thanks for always posting helpful info (not the products though, I actually came into the thread with my debit card in hand j/k :look:). This saves me from pm-ing you :).

I plan to texlax next month with Phyto II and I was thinking of adding about 1 teaspoon of SAA and 1 tablespoon of EVOO or castor oil. How does that sound? I was also going to spritz my hair thoroughly with SAA a couple of days before. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated :)!

Here's the whole story...

September 2007 Relaxer
* Spray dry hair with distilled water spiked with 1-2% SAA and allow it to dry (never done this step before, but will next relaxer). make sure to get the NG
* Coat previously relaxed hair with PC
* Mix relaxer and add pure keratin. I also plan to add oil next time (1-2 tsp of each).

My totally processing time (smoothing and application) is 10 minutes

* After rinsing the relaxer, I use Affirm Fiberguard for 5 minutes and rinse
* Pour ACV spiked water over hair and leave for 1-2 minutes
* Neutralize with the poo that comes in the kit (2-3 minutes)
* Neutralize (I repeat neutralizing and ACV rinse until the foam is white)
* Apply Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor (for 2 minutes then rinse well)
* DC with Aveda DR (for about 30 minutes)
* I clarify after about 48 hours

http://public.fotki.com/Serica/hair-to-stay/regime/pr2.html

I was thinking the SAA would be too light to use in the relaxer. I used keratin last time and had great success with it. I got it from Styleone.com. It even says you can add it to your relaxer.

Last edited:

Zawaj

sareca said:

September 2007 Relaxer
* Spray dry hair with distilled water spiked with 1-2% SAA and allow it to dry (never done this step before, but will next relaxer)
* Mix relaxer and add pure keratin. I also plan to add oil next time (1-2 tsp of each).

* Apply Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor
* DC with Aveda DR

I was thinking the SAA would be too light. I used keratin last time and had great success with it. I got it from Styleone.com. It even says you can add it to your relaxer.

Bless you :)! **off to styleone.com to get keratin.**

The Girl

sareca said:

September 2007 Relaxer
* Spray dry hair with distilled water spiked with 1-2% SAA and allow it to dry (never done this step before, but will next relaxer). make sure to get the NG

* Apply Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor (for 2 minutes then rinse well)
* DC with Aveda DR (for about 30 minutes)

I was thinking the SAA would be too light to use in the relaxer. I used keratin last time and had great success with it. I got it from Styleone.com. It even says you can add it to your relaxer.
so this won't be bad for the hair? Just asking I usually wash and look a HAM until 24 hours pass. I guess the don't wash within 24 hours is for the scalp...........I get it now:lol: thank you lady

shoegirl

Can I transition from a relaxer to a texlaxer or do I need to wait for my relaxer to grow out completely? I got my hair relaxed about 6 weeks ago, and I use Affirm Fiberguard...

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
shoegirl said:
Can I transition from a relaxer to a texlaxer or do I need to wait for my relaxer to grow out completely? I got my hair relaxed about 6 weeks ago, and I use Affirm Fiberguard...

You can transition from relaxer to texlax, but I would suggest stretching for as long as you can so you can best see how long (or short) to process.

sareca

JustMeSteph said:
so this won't be bad for the hair? Just asking I usually wash and look a HAM until 24 hours pass. I guess the don't wash within 24 hours is for the scalp...........I get it now:lol: thank you lady

Yeah, don't poo it. Just spray it on your dry hair, but make sure the SAA spray has completely dried before relaxing.

ETA: I hate that 24 hour period too. Actually, my relaxer said 48. I don't think so! I co-wash the morning before my relaxer. :eek: :sekret:

Last edited:

Suerte

Can you TexLax over color?

I love my hair but the insane VOLUME of it is crazy. I can stick my index finger into my hair and make it disappear, lol.

I wanna try that Just For Me Texture Softener....but my hair has been dyed like, 4 times in the last year. Not bleached...but lightened, then darkened.

shoegirl

nubianqt86 said:
You can transition from relaxer to texlax, but I would suggest stretching for as long as you can so you can best see how long (or short) to process.

Ok, cool. What about a Natural Laxer? Is anyone familar with this?

The Girl

see I need to delete my subscription to this thread for real...in my Pookie from New Jack City voice "It be calling me...":cool: