Question on Washing Micro Braids

Nina_S

I just got microbraids this weekend and the braider said to wait four weeks before I wash. WHAT!?

Does anyone have any suggestions? This just doesn't sound right to me.

Nina

L

legs71

Nina S,
I am an avid microbraid wearer and that info you were given is correct. I usually start washing my hair weekly by the 5th week. I believe the reason for this is because your braids will have loosened from new growth by this time. Therefore, it will be easier to let the shampoo get to your scalp. If you feel it is neccesary to cleanse before then I can recommend ORS latherless herbal cleanse.HTH

Dido111

I think she said to wait four weeks because since you have mirco and I presume that they are small and you have a lot of braids in your hair, that if you wash them that they will get heavy (with the water) and put stress on your hair and scalp possible pulling out your hair from the root and/or pulling the braid extensions out from your hair. I think maybe you can use like a cotton ball and wet it with witch hazel or Sea Brezze Astringent and rub it through your scalp. Or if you feel that you really need to wash your hair before that to be REALLY careful and try not to let your hair hang so much (to avoid stress) as you wash your scalp. HTH.

Nina_S

Thanks Ladies!!

This is my first go at the micros and I am aiming for success. I appreciate the info.

Nina

neeki

I wash mine on the third week, then every two weeks. I also like the the ORS Herbal Cleanse for in between shampoos.