Question: Relaxed Heads... How often do you

JessieLeleB

1. Wash
2. Protein treatment
3. DC

I started my HHJ with a BC and going natural and I put in my first relaxer last week. So I need advise making my hair reggie for relaxed heads

Natural I started with every week cowash, light protein and DC, once a month wash and heavy protein. Once I got lazy I stopped cowashing, and every 2 weeks light protein and DC.
Now that I'm relaxed I'm not sure how often to do it. My hair loves protein also.

growbaby

Wash every 1-2 weeks, depending on how dirty my hair gets.

DC once a week

Heavy protein every 6 weeks

Light/medium protein once a month

Cowash whenever, sometimes twice a week, sometimes once a month

My timeline of when I do things varies on what my hair needs. The only think I stick to for sure is heavy protein every 6 weeks and DC once a week.

JessieLeleB

Thanks! I was thinking it wasn't good for relaxed hair to be wet so much.

I only use qhemet biologics and olive oil in my hair so it doesn't get dirty much.

This helps alot.

Lilmama1011

I cowash every week for 3 weeks and clarify once a month. I deep condition every week but alternate medium protein and moisture dc

Beamodel

1. Wash 2. Protein treatment 3. DC I started my HHJ with a BC and going natural and I put in my first relaxer last week. So I need advise making my hair reggie for relaxed heads Natural I started with every week cowash, light protein and DC, once a month wash and heavy protein. Once I got lazy I stopped cowashing, and every 2 weeks light protein and DC. Now that I'm relaxed I'm not sure how often to do it. My hair loves protein also.

Congrats on your relaxer :)

I was washing twice a week but I have since felt as though that was too much manipulation. Now I wash once a week and I'm loving it. I use protein when needed. Maybe every two weeks or so but it's not set in stone.

JessieLeleB

Congrats on your relaxer :) I was washing twice a week but I have since felt as though that was too much manipulation. Now I wash once a week and I'm loving it. I use protein when needed. Maybe every two weeks or so but it's not set in stone.

Thanks!
I'm enjoying relaxed hair! Lol
I loves natural don't get me wrong but I'm hair is so type of way with heat and my mom says it's too soft (idk old school talk I guess) alway it heat damage with any heat protectant.

Sometimes I'd like to show my hair progress straight! So back to relaxed.

I was thinking about the manipulation with washing once a week was too much but I see it's not!

koolkittychick

I wash my hair every week to 10 days as my scalp demands, using a protein treatment (I alternate between Aphogee's 2 minute reconstructor and Paul Mitchell Awupli Ginger Intensive Treatment), and a deep moisturizing conditioner (the one that I currently like is Silk Elements intense moisturizing mayonnaise) in that order with every wash. Helps me to maintain strength and moisture and prevent dryness.

Mahsiah

1. Wash = sometimes 2/3 times a week.
2. Protein treatment = 2/3 times a month
3. DC = every time I wash without doing a protein treament

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Wash 1x a week
Protein 2x a month-1x every 4-6 weeks depending in the season and my hair
DC with every wash.

Sometimes, it does depend on porosity, density and how much texture is in the hair. Not everyone applies to this rule, but for some these factors matter. So you will always get a different response depending on who you ask.

nymane

Wash & DC 1x a week

Heavy Protein every 6 weeks (light/medium Protein 3 weeks after heavy protein)

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Wash and DC: 2-4x/month (depends on scalp condition & product usage throughout week)

Protein treatment: depends on hair needs but usually works out to every 4-6 weeks

ATLcutey20

I wash my hair every 2 weeks.

I alternate between medium protein (ORS Hair Mayo) and a moisturizing conditioner each wash.

I DC every wash.

twolala

wash- once a month
protein treatment- about 3-4 times a year
Deep Condition- once a month when I get it washed

sunnieb

1. Wash

Cowash with WEN 1x a week
Clarify with Suave Daily Clarifying 1x a week
Shampoo with Nexxus Therrappe 1x a week

2. Protein treatment

Every 2 weeks with Motions CPR