Questions About Wet Bunning

stillgrowin

Hi All
I am going to attempt constant wet bunning to retain my length and hopefully gain more.Few questions I couldnt find the answers to in the threads.

1.Isnt wet bunning too much manipulation on wet hair???? Dont you have to comb or brush all thru the wet hair to get it straight enough to put in a bun? Wouldnt you lose hair everytime you comb/brush to bun? Am I missing something?

2.Is the key to "wet bunning" to never let it dry out? for ex.I will shower,do a wet bun,end of day go to bed wake up and then? rewet? spray some leave-in? Leave it dry?

My hair is bra strap length currently and I am making it my goal to be waist length by January or close to it anyway.

Thanks in advance ladies!!

LaFemmeNaturelle

1. It may be too much manipulation for you. Depends on whether you are relaxed or natural and whether you have thick or thin strands. Most ladies detangle their hair while wet or damp so it doesn't take much more to put in a bun and you should only brush the edges. You don't HAVE to wet bun to retain your length. You can bun on dry hair just be sure to moisturize your ends.

2. My idea of wet bunning is to bun after washing your hair or dampening with a spray bottle. Normally, my bun does not dry for a couple of days because it's in the bun. If it's dry, you can re wet it if you want or leave it dry or spray more leave in. It's up to you there are no set directions.

afgirl

i cowash and wet bun every day however i only detangle with a comb or my denman once a week other than that i finger comb it into a bun and only use a soft brush on my edges

NaturalBoss

1.Isnt wet bunning too much manipulation on wet hair???? Dont you have to comb or brush all thru the wet hair to get it straight enough to put in a bun? Wouldnt you lose hair everytime you comb/brush to bun? Am I missing something?

Not necessarily. I wet bun daily. I only run a comb thru my hair when it is drenched w/ conditioner (or you can finger comb). If I keep my hair going back as I rinse it, I don't need to use a comb again once I get out the shower. I only brush the edges and the only reason I do that is because I lost my edges due to tight braids, and now that they've grown back in, they are still shorter than the rest of my hair. It's getting to the point now where I probably don't even need to brush the edges. I put gel on my hands and smooth my hair down.

Even if I didn't co-wash daily, and I was just going to use a spray bottle to re-wet my hair, I still would not comb it.

2.Is the key to "wet bunning" to never let it dry out? for ex.I will shower,do a wet bun,end of day go to bed wake up and then? rewet? spray some leave-in? Leave it dry?

My hair never completely dries. If I wear a puff instead of a bun, the ends will dry, but not the rest of the hair. If you are "wet bunning", you should re-wet your hair everyday, IMO