Questions, questions...and mo' questions

dm81

Hey everyone,
I posted here about a week ago regarding a hair bleaching mishap that happened to me. The stylist that I had been going to for years, made me a bleach blond. It looked terrible. The next day I went to the salon to correct the situation. The stylist said that a rinse wouldn't take, and would turn my hair green or even gray. She said I would need to color it, so I settled on brown. My hair is thin and fine and it even though there hasn't been much shedding/breakage, my hair just seems really limp. I sure the weather here in NYC isn't helping either.

Anyway, I'd like to know if there are any women out there with fine and thin hair? What products do you use? My hair is dry and I'd like some good moisturizing shampoos, conditioners and moisturizers that won't weigh the hair down. Also, are there any styles that you are weaing that gives the illusion of thicker hair? I have a neck length bob, I usually keep it at that length because the longer it gets, the worse it looks. Have you ever gotten a weave? What method did you use? Glue, sew-in?

Any answers would be MUCH appreciated.

ksk_xs

Hi, my hair is thick but kinikakes is a member here with really long hair that she describes as thin. You should try checking out her old posts and her fotki until you get more answers here.

dm81

Thank you.

Hi, my hair is thick but kinikakes is a member here with really long hair that she describes as thin. You should try checking out her old posts and her fotki until you get more answers here.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I used to have fine thin hair before I started the journey. I don't know what helped to get it thick now, but i used a few different things like vitamins, mn , and a henna treatment once.

dm81

bump

I hope I don't have to bump this from pg 28 tomorrow, lol. Goodnight ladies.

FlawedBeauty

my hair is fine/thin...well seems to be thicker now. i dont think it was any particular products as i stick to poo and condish, profectiv break free, and amla oil. i think the lack of heat helped me to gain some thickness.

dm81

What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

my hair is fine/thin...well seems to be thicker now. i dont think it was any particular products as i stick to poo and condish, profectiv break free, and amla oil. i think the lack of heat helped me to gain some thickness.

SelfStyled

Hey there!

I have fine hair as well. I can relate to keeping your hair short- the same thing happens to me as my hair grows out it looks thinner and thinner:nono:.

What gives the illusion of thicker hair for me is :

Rollersets

and Airdried styles- If you have any ???? feel free to pm me anytime.

Here is a support thread for fine haired ladies:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138027

There are excellent tips in this thread:yep:

Good Luck and HHG

dm81

Thank you so much, I'll definitely be sending you a couple of PMs.

Hey there!

I have fine hair as well. I can relate to keeping your hair short- the same thing happens to me as my hair grows out it looks thinner and thinner:nono:.

What gives the illusion of thicker hair for me is :

Rollersets

and Airdried styles- If you have any ???? feel free to pm me anytime.

Here is a support thread for fine haired ladies:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138027

There are excellent tips in this thread:yep:

Good Luck and HHG

PinkPebbles

Hello-

My strands are fine but I have a lot of them. I contribute my hair to have thicken up by stretching my relaxers (10 - 12 weeks); No direct heat; Rollersets.

Since you have color it's imperative that you keep your hair moisturize, and deep condition at least once a week.

I would recommend that you use a moisturizing shampoo. And a moisturizing conditioner that has a little protein in it. Shampoo - ORS creamy aloe (removes buildup and moisturize). Conditioner - Joico Kpak Intense Moisturizing conditioner.

Daily use -coconut oil. HTH.

dm81

Thanks, I'll look into those products when I hit the BSS.

Hello-

My strands are fine but I have a lot of them. I contribute my hair to have thicken up by stretching my relaxers (10 - 12 weeks); No direct heat; Rollersets.

Since you have color it's imperative that you keep your hair moisturize, and deep condition at least once a week.

I would recommend that you use a moisturizing shampoo. And a moisturizing conditioner that has a little protein in it. Shampoo - ORS creamy aloe (removes buildup and moisturize). Conditioner - Joico Kpak Intense Moisturizing conditioner.

Daily use -coconut oil. HTH.