**Quick biotin/msm question**

Doll

I get a couple of breaks along my hairline in the same spot, and I think it's the MSM.

JustKiya

I think it's the biotin. I've been taking MSM for almost two months - no breakouts. Taking biotin for the last three weeks - got a couple of bumps yesterday.
Of course, I drink about 3/4 gallon of water a day, so maybe that's why the MSM didn't break me out. I'm upping that to a gallon a day now - and based on what I've read, that should ease the biotin breakouts as well.

MzOptimistic

I do not take MSM but I take biotin and I had no problems with breakouts UNTIL I upped the doses from 2,000 mcg to 5,000mcg...now that I upped the doses I'm breaking out...it's not real bad just little tiny pimples. Water is the key....and I hate water BUT if I want to continue to take biotin I will need to drink more water:) Since upping my dosage though my hair is growing in thicker and I do have more ng...I am 4 weeks post and look like I'm 6 weeks post...So they're working BUT I need to drink more water because I don't want any pimples in my face and I'm getting ready to take the bamboo silicia once they arrive so I know I will have to drink more water...

OT--how did your hair come out e$h?...I lost track of that thread:) anyway I wanted to tell you about a book that I follow and have great results...It help me get my regimen on point...I have recommended this book to a few ladies here and they have pm'd me with excellent results and they love this book just like me...the name of the book is "The Black Woman's Guide To Beautiful Healthier Hair in 6 Weeks" by Carolyn Gray. You can order the book at http://www.amazon.com/Black-Woman¿s...ef=sr_1_5/102-9201367-2803318?ie=UTF8&s=books or her website...:) If you want, you can pm me and I can tell you more about the book because I don't want to highjack the thread with off topic things.

Last edited:

e$h

tsmith said:
I do not take MSM but I take biotin and I had no problems with breakouts UNTIL I upped the doses from 2,000 mcg to 5,000mcg...now that I upped the doses I'm breaking out...it's not real bad just little tiny pimples. Water is the key....and I hate water BUT if I want to continue to take biotin I will need to drink more water:) Since upping my dosage though my hair is growing in thicker and I do have more ng...I am 4 weeks post and look like I'm 6 weeks post...So they're working BUT I need to drink more water because I don't want any pimples in my face and I'm getting ready to take the bamboo silicia once they arrive so I know I will have to drink more water...

OT--how did your hair come out e$h?...I lost track of that thread:) anyway I wanted to tell you about a book that I follow and have great results...It help me get my regimen on point...I have recommended this book to a few ladies here and they have pm'd me with excellent results and they love this book just like me...the name of the book is "The Black Woman's Guide To Beautiful Healthier Hair in 6 Weeks" by Carolyn Gray. You can order the book at http://www.amazon.com/Black-Woman%C2%BFs-Guide-Beautiful-Healthier/dp/0966517113/sr=1-5/qid=1161966078/ref=sr_1_5/102-9201367-2803318?ie=UTF8&s=books or her website...:) If you want, you can pm me and I can tell you more about the book because I don't want to highjack the thread with off topic things.

Hey tsmith,

I just started takin 5000 mcg of biotin I think Tuesday, and the next morning, I woke up with this lil red pimple on my face. So I thought to myself, I could have sworn the girls from lhcf were gettin pimples from the msm and not the biotin. Guess I was wrong. I'm gon have to up my water game. Can't be walkin round with a pimple face. Especially when I'm used to not having any.:lol:

So I went out and got the s-curl. I had went to cvs because I had to work late at my 2nd job and nothing else was open. They didn't have the queen helene's choleserol. Well they had it but there wasn't any on the shelf. So I got the s-curl and went home. I used it last night. It really helped. I was geeked! My hair wasn't all hard and crusty feeling. My ng looks soooo much smoother too. I fogot to go back to my thread and post my results. Oh well!

Thanks for that site info. I'm about to go to it in a few and see what's to it.
Thanks again!

MzOptimistic

e$h said:
Hey tsmith,

I just started takin 5000 mcg of biotin I think Tuesday, and the next morning, I woke up with this lil red pimple on my face. So I thought to myself, I could have sworn the girls from lhcf were gettin pimples from the msm and not the biotin. Guess I was wrong. I'm gon have to up my water game. Can't be walkin round with a pimple face. Especially when I'm used to not having any.:lol:

So I went out and got the s-curl. I had went to cvs because I had to work late at my 2nd job and nothing else was open. They didn't have the queen helene's choleserol. Well they had it but there wasn't any on the shelf. So I got the s-curl and went home. I used it last night. It really helped. I was geeked! My hair wasn't all hard and crusty feeling. My ng looks soooo much smoother too. I fogot to go back to my thread and post my results. Oh well!

yah, water is the key but I hate water. I use Scurl and it does work wonders:)

e$h, are you in the medical profession? If you are, I think I know you girl?

Ms Lala

I think it's an individual thing. I take MSM with no problems. I tried taking biotin and I had pizza face and I was only taking 1 mg. I even tried taking it everyother day instead of daily and it still didn't work. I'm not taking anything now so my skin can clear up because it has taken me years to get a good skin regimen and I don't want the results ruined for the sake of hair growth. You will probably have to try it and I would recommend slowly increasing the dosage up to how much you want to take.

keluric

Some people break out from biotin because they're not getting adequate amounts of the other B-vitamins. You should be taking a multivitamin or B-complex so you don't throw your body's balance off.

e$h

tsmith said:
e$h said:
Hey tsmith,

yah, water is the key but I hate water. I use Scurl and it does work wonders:)

e$h, are you in the medical profession? If you are, I think I know you girl?

Girl stop! I am in the medical profession.

e$h

Ms Lala said:
I think it's an individual thing. I take MSM with no problems. I tried taking biotin and I had pizza face and I was only taking 1 mg. I even tried taking it everyother day instead of daily and it still didn't work. I'm not taking anything now so my skin can clear up because it has taken me years to get a good skin regimen and I don't want the results ruined for the sake of hair growth. You will probably have to try it and I would recommend slowly increasing the dosage up to how much you want to take.

Yeah different strokes for different folks. I was takin like 3 mcg's and didn't see much of a difference so I started with the 5000. First sign was a zit!:eek: I'll see how it goes though. I'm definately not tryin to have a pizza face.

e$h

keluric said:
Some people break out from biotin because they're not getting adequate amounts of the other B-vitamins. You should be taking a multivitamin or B-complex so you don't throw your body's balance off.

I didn't think about that. I'm really not a pill taker. I think I should have done some research on this stuff before investing in them. I hear that it can help your hair grow and become thicker and I'm quick to jump on the bandwagon.

MzOptimistic

e$h said:
tsmith said:
Girl stop! I am in the medical profession.

Well,

Like I said I think I know you and I think we lived in the same apartment complex.but that buildeing is gone now..I don't want to say to much but...I think you worked in a doctor's office on the 47....and you have a sister that is also in the medical profession? well that is enough...cuz I'll be telling too much:)

MzOptimistic

e$h said:
I didn't think about that. I'm really not a pill taker. I think I should have done some research on this stuff before investing in them. I hear that it can help your hair grow and become thicker and I'm quick to jump on the bandwagon.

Keluric is also right you need to be taking b complex vitamins..I take b50 complex with mine:)

e$h

tsmith said:
e$h said:
Well,

Like I said I think I know you and I think we lived in the same apartment complex.but that buildeing is gone now..I don't want to say to much but...I think you worked in a doctor's office on the 47....and you have a sister that is also in the medical profession? well that is enough...cuz I'll be telling too much:)

Naw that's not me. I have only brothers. Wish I did have a sis though.:lachen:

e$h

tsmith said:
Keluric is also right you need to be taking b complex vitamins..I take b50 complex with mine:)

I think I'll go get me some of that too. But before I do, I will do some research.

MzOptimistic

e$h said:
tsmith said:
Naw that's not me. I have only brothers. Wish I did have a sis though.:lachen:

awww, I was close you have a twin out here girl...she looks just like you..and last time I knew she was a medical secretary but she went back to school to become a nurse on something..I haven't seen her in years:)