Quickie Poll: Favorite Cowash?

Alma Petra

This is irregular but Camille Rose Naturals Caramel Cowash

It is definitely cleansing, even a bit stripping. But my hair doesn't need a lot of cleansing. I happily use Herbal Essences Bee Strong conditioner to wash and detangle. I rarely need to use a shampoo to clarify because most of my products don't have the tendency to build up on my hair. I have naturally dry hair so I don't like stuff that can strip my hair. I even sometimes feel that conditioners can strip me if I wash too often.

But the Caramel Cowash defines my natural curls in a crazy incredible way, just like a clay or a gel would do but only better. I'm still incredulous of this effect. I have read the ingredients list a hundred times and I don't know why it has this magical effect on my hair. I actually wrote to the company to ask them to make a leave-in or a curl defining cream the same way they made this cowash.

I have been contemplating this for a long time but I am now going to take the plunge and trial this cowash as a leave-in conditioner.

Second best is the Herbal Essences Bee Strong conditioner. 3rd best is Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I like it a lot. It's moisturizing, nonstripping and very gentle. It has less slip than the Herbal Essences conditioner. I can still detangle with it. And it's much more expensive.

I am still waiting to use the Jane Carter Cowash more often to be able to give a verdict. Other cowashes I have tried are As I Am Coconut cowash which is decent but has the ability to sort of coat my strands with a non-slippy layer. And Palmers Coconut formula cowash which was also decent; I think even better than the As I Am cowash. I may revisit this one again in the future. But I tend to prefer the Bee Strong Conditioner to both of these two.

For now I will try to further compare Daily Fix to my well-established Herbal Essences Bee Strong. And see if the Caramel Cowash is going to be promoted to holy grail status or not. I don't think that I will ever want to be without it though even if I can't use it as a leave-in.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This is irregular but Camille Rose Naturals Caramel Cowash

It is definitely cleansing, even a bit stripping. But my hair doesn't need a lot of cleansing. I happily use Herbal Essences Bee Strong conditioner to wash and detangle. I rarely need to use a shampoo to clarify because most of my products don't have the tendency to build up on my hair. I have naturally dry hair so I don't like stuff that can strip my hair. I even sometimes feel that conditioners can strip me if I wash too often.

But the Caramel Cowash defines my natural curls in a crazy incredible way, just like a clay or a gel would do but only better. I'm still incredulous of this effect. I have read the ingredients list a hundred times and I don't know why it has this magical effect on my hair. I actually wrote to the company to ask them to make a leave-in or a curl defining cream the same way they made this cowash.

I have been contemplating this for a long time but I am now going to take the plunge and trial this cowash as a leave-in conditioner.

Second best is the Herbal Essences Bee Strong conditioner. 3rd best is Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I like it a lot. It's moisturizing, nonstripping and very gentle. It has less slip than the Herbal Essences conditioner. I can still detangle with it. And it's much more expensive.

I am still waiting to use the Jane Carter Cowash more often to be able to give a verdict. Other cowashes I have tried are As I Am Coconut cowash which is decent but has the ability to sort of coat my strands with a non-slippy layer. And Palmers Coconut formula cowash which was also decent; I think even better than the As I Am cowash. I may revisit this one again in the future. But I tend to prefer the Bee Strong Conditioner to both of these two.

For now I will try to further compare Daily Fix to my well-established Herbal Essences Bee Strong. And see if the Caramel Cowash is going to be promoted to holy grail status or not. I don't think that I will ever want to be without it though even if I can't use it as a leave-in.

Wow! Yay! :clap:

Alma Petra

Wow! Yay! :clap:

Yeah I am very excited about it.
I ran out of my first bottle suddenly today and I sort of panicked. I ordered another three. I hope that they make it here fast.

I can't believe that I want to use a cleansing (what I'd think of as stripping) product as a leave-in. But I have tried so many leave-ins and even though moisturizing none of them defines my curls. I'm sure the products aren't to blame because my hair is naturally very frizzy and difficult to define. I have to really smooth (but not quite shingle) the caramel cowash into it for optimal definition. But at least it works. If I rinse it out with water, a part of the definition is lost. So the best thing would be to just leave it in and top it with a styler lol. I really really hope that it works for me this way. The left-in product might even work as a cowash on the next wash day. I promise to do a thorough oil rinsing every time to combat the stripping effect. Anything to make this work lol.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Yeah I am very excited about it.
I ran out of my first bottle suddenly today and I sort of panicked. I ordered another three. I hope that they make it here fast.

I can't believe that I want to use a cleansing (what I'd think of as stripping) product as a leave-in. But I have tried so many leave-ins and even though moisturizing none of them defines my curls. I'm sure the products aren't to blame because my hair is naturally very frizzy and difficult to define. I have to really smooth (but not quite shingle) the caramel cowash into it for optimal definition. But at least it works. If I rinse it out with water, a part of the definition is lost. So the best thing would be to just leave it in and top it with a styler lol. I really really hope that it works for me this way. The left-in product might even work as a cowash on the next wash day. I promise to do a thorough oil rinsing every time to combat the stripping effect. Anything to make this work lol.

Lol! Interesting! Wow. What a unique find. I say go for it. I wonder what combo of ingredients is yielding that definition for you? Maybe through trial and error you'll determine it. That ingredients list is your map to gold! Lol!

Alma Petra

Lol! Interesting! Wow. What a unique find. I say go for it. I wonder what combo of ingredients is yielding that definition for you? Maybe through trial and error you'll determine it. That ingredients list is your map to gold! Lol!

Lol I don't know. Here is the ingredients list:

Deionized Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Cocoyl Taurate, Stearic Acid, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (BTMS), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidoproryl Betaine (Coconut Derived), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Phospholipids, Glycolipids, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil) Sterols, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caramel Extract, Witch Hazel Distillate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cetyl Esters, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium (Guar Gum) Chloride, Phenoxyethanol/Caprylyl Glycol (Optiphen), Scent, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, and Love!

It's rather vague.
What sort of phospholipids and glycolipids exactly do they add?

I hope to god it's not the cleansers (the taurate and cocobetaine) lol

Maybe it's the "Love!" :grin:

What about you? What is your favourite cowash?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Lol I don't know. Here is the ingredients list:

Deionized Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Cocoyl Taurate, Stearic Acid, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (BTMS), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidoproryl Betaine (Coconut Derived), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Phospholipids, Glycolipids, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil) Sterols, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caramel Extract, Witch Hazel Distillate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cetyl Esters, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium (Guar Gum) Chloride, Phenoxyethanol/Caprylyl Glycol (Optiphen), Scent, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, and Love!

It's rather vague.
What sort of phospholipids and glycolipids exactly do they add?

I hope to god it's not the cleansers (the taurate and cocobetaine) lol

Maybe it's the "Love!" :grin:

What about you? What is your favourite cowash?

Maybe it's the love. :lachen: :biggrin:

I haven't found one yet. I can't find one that feels cleansing.

Egyptjones

Eden Body Works Co-wash is absolutely amazing on my hair! Clumps my curls like nobody's business and I really don't have to use conditioner after if I'm in a rush.

NaturallyATLPCH

Loreal Cleansing Balm for curly and dry hair are both nice
APB Blue Agave Cleansing Conditioner is nice too
I ordered the Redken Genius Cowash to try now that I'm back in the cleansing conditioner game. A colleague spoke very highly of this one.

Queensheba88

Keracare curlessence jbco co-wash is a fave in my 4b-4c house. Works great my hair feels clean..yet moistirized.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
My faves for various reasons:

SSI Tahiti Cowash: very moisturizing, a little goes along way if you have normal density hair, you do not have to condition after use
Naturelle Grow Cowash: for when I need protein

PlanetCybertron

Is it acceptable to comment a conditioner that’s very cone heavy? I can’t give up the cones. I tried. Can’t do it lol.

I readily purchase HE and Pantene, but my favorite conditioner to co-wash with is Tresseme. Really doesn’t matter which it’s from so long as it’s a conditioner from that brand.