Random Christian thought's thread continued ...

moonglowdiva

I am finding that the more I get into His word the more I am changing. I read my Bible daily and I have been since August. I have a question concerning spiritual gifts. I'll come back later to address my question. If you focus on Philippian 4:8 daily You will be changed.

Ms.Honey

Act 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Act 4:14 And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.

Act 4:15 But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves,

Act 4:16 Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them [is] manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny [it].

Act 4:17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.

Act 4:18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.

Act 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Act 4:20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

Act 4:21 So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all [men] glorified God for that which was done.

May the Lord add a blessing to the reading and hearing of His holy word. Amen.

Ms.Honey

Act 4:22 For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was shewed.

Act 4:23 And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them.

Act 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou [art] God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

Act 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

Act 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

Act 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

Act 4:28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any [of them] that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

moonglowdiva

But seek first the kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself, each day has enough touble of its own.

Matthew 6:34-34

Ms.Honey

Act 16:16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

Act 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Act 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

PinkPebbles

I received this from Pastor Gregory's 40 day fast from "Wrong Thinking"

It reminds us that we have "power" and wanted to share....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DAY 28
[/FONT]
Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “Why me?”. When something doesn’t go our way, its easy to feel sorry for ourselves AND to feel that God and life are not fair. And while life isn’t always fair, God will always be good to you!

Lets change this mindset TODAY:
  1. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Prepare your mind for battle. The devil wants you to question yourself and question God. 1 Timothy 6:12 says, “Fight the good fight of faith”. You win the battle when you hold on to God’s Word no matter what happens to you or around you.
  1. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Recognize you’re a target of the enemy. Satan REALIZES how powerful you are, so he tries to bring affliction and persecution to steal the Word from your heart. Mark 4:15.
  1. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Refuse to feel guilty when things don’t go your way. Stop beating yourself up and blaming yourself. Its not about ‘what’s wrong with you’ or ‘why you’re being picked on.’ You are a threat to the kingdom of darkness, which makes you a high value target. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Know your authority. YOU HAVE POWER OVER THE ENEMY (Luke 10:19). Submit to God (and His Word); Resist the devil. And he will flee—James 4:7. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Believe in the power of God’s intervention. Genesis 50:20—what was meant for evil, God will turn to good. We’ll stop asking “why” and “why me”, when we TRUST God. He can turn any situation around, if we surrender it to Him. [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Fix your eyes of Jesus—Hebrews 12:2. He will finish what He started in your life. And get the focus off YOU and on HIM. Joy and confidence will come from that.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I will fight the fight of faith by holding on to the Word of God. I have authority over the devil and his guilt, and I resist him with the Word of God. I expect God to turn my situation around, and will not act like the victim. I am more than a conqueror and my eyes are on Him, in Jesus’ Name. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Those clogged gutters caused you such unrelenting stress, insomnia and generalized grief and you thought you had been abandoned. Dummy, clean the gutters. G-d will take care of the rest...and the car. Oh boy. Another case in point...G-d expects you to use that brain!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

"I acknowledge my transgressions," says David. If I admit my fault, then Thou wilt pardon it. Let us never assume that if we live good lives we will be without sin; our lives should be praised only when we continue to beg for pardon. But men are hopeless creatures, and the less they concentrate on their own sins, the more interested they become in the sins of others. They seek to criticize, not to correct. Unable to excuse themselves, they are ready to accuse others.

-St. Augustine-

"...our lives should be praised only when we continue to beg for pardon..." That is so very beautiful - the essence of the walk. What spirituality!

Ramya

Wow it's amazing how God works! Confirmation after confirmation :grin:. I get it Lord, I'm listening :lachen:

Ms.Honey

Dear Sweet, Precious, Lord Jesus the Christ,

O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all [things] under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, [and whatsoever] passeth through the paths of the seas.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent [is] thy name in all the earth!

Psalms 8

topsyturvy86

I can't stand my b0thers girlfriend, I really can't. She rubs me ff the wr0ng way and really irritates and gets under my skin. As a Christian, I d0n't knw if I shld feel this way abwt s0me0ne. Yes, I have prayed 0n it. I dnt knw if I sh0uld just try t0 kill the feelings 0r try and get t0 the b0ttt0m 0f why I dislike/can't stand her s0 much.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Peut-etre je serais batisee' dans l'eglise des coptes. Et en plus, je crois que D--u va repondre a mes prieres!!! Demain, j'y vais,chez les coptes et je me sens marveilleuse en ce moment. Al hamdu illah.

divya

Christian family can be even closer than your own blood. What a difference Christ makes!

discobiscuits

Peut-etre je serais batisee' dans l'eglise des coptes. Et en plus, je crois que D--u va repondre a mes prieres!!! Demain, j'y vais,chez les coptes et je me sens marveilleuse en ce moment. Al hamdu illah.

Why? Is the service in English? You're getting baptized there? Did I understand you? Girl, you are funny. :yep:

Ramya

I would rather be deemed judgmental and keep His commandments than to have a "everything goes" mentality.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Why? Is the service in English? You're getting baptized there? Did I understand you? Girl, you are funny. :yep:

I'm sorry, sometimes it's the moment a thought comes to me..and I had been surfing a website in French:spinning:. Well, it's normally in Coptic, Arabic and English!!!! Today, in English. I hadn't been to an orthodox service in a few and WHEW! My littlest kept asking me, "is it over yet?" LOLOL. 3 hour liturgy.:blush: My eyes were glazing over at one point and the altar server was looking ahahaha. But it was great. Imagine, a congregation full of Egyptians with a sprinkling of Ethiopians and a dab of Americans. It was nice. We ate foul, felafel, humus, olives and pita before Sunday School.

It all made feel like "old" days and Ethios were everywhere. Not so prevalent over here. I'm sure the sprinkling of them are suffering in Pittsburgh. I hate to say it but it's so incredibly non-colored. Sometimes, I wanna move to Oklahoma to Indian Country (and attend a Coptic church :drunk:). That's what's so nice about being who I am. I no longer fight it. Both sides grip tightly and I love them equally.

I love it when kids were welcomed in G-d's house just as they are. The little kids were so cute and so what, they make a little noise. :yep: G-d knew that when He made babies lolol. But I felt right at home. I'm going again for Friday for prayers, then this coming Palm Sunday and Easter (since I missed it in the RCC lol). It just turned out that this was the time I was going. Didn't mean to mess us our Gregorian calendar.:blush: Who knows how this will turn out?

Last edited:

meka

Why oh why does the Word offend self professed Christians? That must mean something isn't right with YOU!!

My pastor used to say that there was a reason it's called issues...it's because IT"S YOU!

Ramya

Why oh why does the Word offend self professed Christians? That must mean something isn't right with YOU!!

My pastor used to say that there was a reason it's called issues...it's because IT"S YOU!

lol my church's slogan is "The Word of God is the answer" I always joke that it's the answer just not the one you want to hear. :grin:

HeChangedMyName

I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over my children as they travel and enjoy their vacation with daddy. I pray that angels will encamp around them on their every step and while they sleep in order to form a protective hedge between them and any danger . In Jesus name Amen.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Bible study was great tonight. My school's ministry is getting back on track finally, thank you Lord!

moonglowdiva

This is a prayer request: A few area churches in my community will be doing Easter Dramas (including my church). We got word that one of the churches has had some tradegies, the man that was playing Jesus was lifted 20 odd feet into the air and the harness broke. He landed head first. He's in the hospital and his stand-in broke both of his arms. Also the costume designer dropped dead from a massive heart attach. Please help me lift my neighbor up in prayer. Also my church's drama. I plead the Blood of Jesus over First Assembly and the cast and crew and that we are able to win soul for Christ.

msa

How long is it going to be someone else's fault that you no longer have a relationship with the Lord?

"If it weren't for (insert church, pastor, minister, family member, old lady in the pew) then I'd still be a Christian".

I'm sorry that someone in your past was not a good representative of His grace and mercy or that they used their position to take advantage of others. But really, that was 20 years ago. It's not their fault that you still choose to turn away from Him. It's yours.

*Happily Me*

^^hmmm *I*, as a woman, have chosen not to be a Christian.

You're making an assumption that I don't have a relationship with God. Tsk tsk. tsk :nono: Sweetness, I did not turn away from God, I turned away from Christianity. Two different things *in MY opinion*.

Because this is the Christanity forum, I will leave it at that. I've been on this board for many years and I respect this forum and the opinions of those who post in here. Just please don't take what I said and get it twisted.

Have a nice day, sis.

Ramya

How long is it going to be someone else's fault that you no longer have a relationship with the Lord?

"If it weren't for (insert church, pastor, minister, family member, old lady in the pew) then I'd still be a Christian".

I'm sorry that someone in your past was not a good representative of His grace and mercy or that they used their position to take advantage of others. But really, that was 20 years ago. It's not their fault that you still choose to turn away from Him. It's yours.

It always bothers me when people say things like that. It makes me think they put man on a higher pedestal than our Father. I still don't get it. No man can separate me and my Father. :nono: