Random Christian thought's thread continued ...

Pooks

Israel & New Breed are ringing in my ears:

I'm still standing, I'm still standing, I'm still standing, but by the grace of God...

Where would I be, if not for Your grace, carrying me, in every season, where would I be if not for Your grace, You came to my rescue, and I want to thank You for Your grace...

Amerie123

Lord, please have mercy on me. Have mercy on my tongue.
Yall, my mouth has been my weakness. When i get mad, i go off at the mouth and everytime i do it, i think to myself two things:
-wow, this is not like me, and
-wow, it's getting worst. :nono:

I dunno, but i just pray that by the grace of God, I can control my mouth much better than what i've been doing lately.

topsyturvy86

The unpredictability of life is mind boggling. My friend's wife got pregnant a few months ago. They're both in their 30's and it's the first. All excitement and congratulations, a big high! She had a car accident last week. Was really bad, she lost the baby and had broken bones, antibiotics not working, multiple operations ... we've been praying and hoping for a miracle. She passed away this morning. I don't know how to feel. Please pray for my friend and her and his family as they go through this. Thank you.

LifeafterLHCF

The unpredictability of life is mind boggling. My friend's wife got pregnant a few months ago. They're both in their 30's and it's the first. All excitement and congratulations, a big high! She had a car accident last week. Was really bad, she lost the baby and had broken bones, antibiotics not working, multiple operations ... we've been praying and hoping for a miracle. She passed away this morning. I don't know how to feel. Please pray for my friend and her and his family as they go through this. Thank you.

I will keep you and your friends in prayer..Lord I know that your will always works out for the good of those who love you..

Nice & Wavy

Thank you Lord for loving me and blessing me ALWAYS, no matter what!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate Jesus at Christmas time!!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Merry Christmas Lovely One. Merry, Merry Christmas to you and Pastor 'A', whom I love dearly... the two of you. :love3:

Happy ?Birthday Jesus"

All the tinsel and lights
and the presents are nice,

but

the Real Gift is 'You'...

It's all about you, Jesus....

Yes, Lord...

It's all about you.

and we love you....Lord

Yes we do. :love3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQyXWllz5Ao&feature=related

Shimmie

Staff member
The unpredictability of life is mind boggling. My friend's wife got pregnant a few months ago. They're both in their 30's and it's the first. All excitement and congratulations, a big high! She had a car accident last week. Was really bad, she lost the baby and had broken bones, antibiotics not working, multiple operations ... we've been praying and hoping for a miracle. She passed away this morning. I don't know how to feel.

Please pray for my friend and her and his family as they go through this. Thank you.

My dear I will most indeed pray for your friend. In love, in Jesus' Name, Amen. God bless you for being such a faithful friend. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
Lord, please have mercy on me. Have mercy on my tongue.
Yall, my mouth has been my weakness. When i get mad, i go off at the mouth and everytime i do it, i think to myself two things:
-wow, this is not like me, and
-wow, it's getting worst. :nono:

I dunno, but i just pray that by the grace of God, I can control my mouth much better than what i've been doing lately.

Here's sweetheart, from the word of God for you to pray. Also God is well pleased that you have allowed Him to make you 'aware', for it shows to Him that you are listening to His voice and that you care. :love2:

In Psalm 19, the Word of God says, that there is no speech nor language whose speech is not heard. More than the words of anger, God has heard your words of regret and repentance and your words of desire to change.

Therefore in Psalm 19:12-14

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
--------------

Amazing, allow the Lord to change the meditation of your heart. To remove the anger and unforgiveness, the sensitivity to 'offense', for offensive is the catalyst for defense and often defense is a heated flare.

You're not the only one who has taken off in heated words. Remember the number of times Moses became angry with the children of Isreal? He actually broke a rock, he was so angry with them. Yet He was still a man of God's heart and trust.

You may need to 'remove' yourself from those who pull your trigger. Just for a while at least until you are able to flow in your glow of peace with them.

Amazing, no matter what, always remember that you truly are 'amazing' and you are a precious child of God and He sees you as love and as gentle. Allow what God sees in you to flow and overflow that which does not make you happy.

God bless you, Amazing Angel. God is very proud of you, His daughter. :Rose:

LifeafterLHCF

Is going to disappear for a while and feel its time to not blog about my thoughts and just find ways to deal IRL..Lord help me as I branch out of being on this lovely site.

PinkPebbles

Thank you!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas as well. I hope we all extend Jesus' Love and Joy from one heart to another with our family, friends, and love ones.

~God Bless

Vonnieluvs08

Happy Holidays (Merry Christmas, Happy New Year's)

I'm sad that all the extra church gatherings are suspended until the new year because of the holidays. I love meeting up with the body for bible study and my disciple meetings to engage in the Lord with others. I feel like I'm not getting that extra Jesus kick I get when I worship with others and learn from them. Well Lord its you and me only this week and next.

Nice & Wavy

Thank you!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas as well. I hope we all extend Jesus' Love and Joy from one heart to another with our family, friends, and love ones.

~God Bless
You are more than welcome, my sister in the Lord!!! Amen and amen!!! :kiss:

Merry Christmas Lovely One. Merry, Merry Christmas to you and Pastor 'A', whom I love dearly... the two of you. :love3:

Happy ?Birthday Jesus"

All the tinsel and lights
and the presents are nice,

but

the Real Gift is 'You'...

It's all about you, Jesus....

Yes, Lord...

It's all about you.

and we love you....Lord

Yes we do. :love3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQyXWllz5Ao&feature=related
Thank you so much my loving, sweet sister! You are a gift to me from the Lord. I'm so grateful and thankful to Him for knitting our hearts together in love.

May you have a wonderful Christmas with mom...give her a big hug :bighug: and a big kiss :kiss: from me and Pastor A.!

Love you!!!

discobiscuits

[rant]

i will be so happy when CHRIST-mass-consumption season is over. what in the world does a tree, going in debt to buy gifts, running around all over the place, santa (or move the n and get satan) etc have to do with the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ? wait, i answered my own question: all of that IS of the world/worldly.

i can't wait for all the X-mas trees (x b/c they have nothing to do with Christ) and decorations and reindeer and santas and all that other crap comes down.

*sigh* next year i'm going away from the day before thanksgiving till jan 2nd.

now i just have to get through the bastardization of Easter with all the bunnies and the eggs they don't lay but hide as if that is the correct way to observe and celebrate the resurrection of my Lord Christ.

i am in this world but not of this world. i will not allow anyone to tell me it is okay to have a christmas tree in my home or in the lobby of the same church that serves communion and praises the name of Jesus or tell me it is celebrating His birth when NONE of it has a thing to do with Christ.

[/RANT]

Nice & Wavy

Life is what you make it! It's so important to keep your eyes on doing the Lord's work, and not on man...man will always fail you, Jesus will never fail you!

PRAISE THE NAME OF THE LORD....PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!

Father,
Thank you for always causing me to triumph in Jesus Christ! Thank you that I am always learning and I'm growing daily because of being in your presence. It's so good to be in your presence, Lord! In Jesus name, amen!

Shimmie

Staff member
[rant]

i will be so happy when CHRIST-mass-consumption season is over. what in the world does a tree, going in debt to buy gifts, running around all over the place, santa (or move the n and get satan) etc have to do with the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ? wait, i answered my own question: all of that IS of the world/worldly.

i can't wait for all the X-mas trees (x b/c they have nothing to do with Christ) and decorations and reindeer and santas and all that other crap comes down.

*sigh* next year i'm going away from the day before thanksgiving till jan 2nd.

now i just have to get through the bastardization of Easter with all the bunnies and the eggs they don't lay but hide as if that is the correct way to observe and celebrate the resurrection of my Lord Christ.

i am in this world but not of this world. i will not allow anyone to tell me it is okay to have a christmas tree in my home or in the lobby of the same church that serves communion and praises the name of Jesus or tell me it is celebrating His birth when NONE of it has a thing to do with Christ.

[/RANT]

But.... but ... you got a 'troll' in your siggy that looks like an elf.

And a drink ...... :giggle:

I love you 5 Stars :love3: You're still my girl. :yep:

Sweetie just enjoy what Christmas means to 'You' and not what it means to others. Don't drop off of the planet just because of what others celebrate. This world will always be 'diverse'... and quite 'diversely' in abundance.

Let it go and let it flow 'Your Way'. As long as you are celebrating what Jesus means to you in your heart than that's really all that matters.

As you can see, I'm not letting anyone's objections and personal decisions stop me from enjoying one of the most beautiful times of life. Celebrating the most beautiful birth that has ever come forth. Our Lord and Saviour. Christ who is truly born which is evidence of His presence in earth. For a live birth is the only 'legal' entry to enter into the earth realm.

His birth made Him 'Human' just like us, which therefore enabled Him to be the sacrifice for our sins and our Saviour. Neither an animal (bulls, goats, lambs, nor a plant (as Cain gave in disobedience), would do. It has to be a human without spot or blemish and He had to be born just as we in order to be whom we call our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

So...for those who are in the midst of folly, who celebrate Him not, but are lost in the mass of crowds, and shopping sprees... praise God instead that you are among those who bow before Him on bended knees, thankful for all He represents to each of us, who love Him, just like you.

:flowers:

Bless you 5 Stars... :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Life is what you make it! It's so important to keep your eyes on doing the Lord's work, and not on man...man will always fail you, Jesus will never fail you!

PRAISE THE NAME OF THE LORD....PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!

Father,
Thank you for always causing me to triumph in Jesus Christ! Thank you that I am always learning and I'm growing daily because of being in your presence. It's so good to be in your presence, Lord! In Jesus name, amen!

Good Word, Precious Wavy. Good Word! :yep: Indeed Praise Him! :love3:

Life truly is what we allow ourselves to make it. It truly is. :Rose:

discobiscuits

Hey Shimmie. There is a point to my siggy :giggle: people who know will get my siggy. (gotta read below the pic)

IMO Christmas as celebrated in Western culture is bogus. If it were focused on something othr than heaping material things to satisfy the lust of the eye and the lust of the flesh then maybe it would not be so bad. What (in the world) does a decorated evergreen tree have to do with the birth of the saviour of the world? I don't think they have those in mangers. The gifts he was given all had a purpose & represented who He is. One reperesents his kingship, one His priesthood or as the propitiate and the other his death.

Ppl have turned this functional and purposeful gift giving into a flesh filling. There is no giving with purpose. Giving to the poor or less fortunate is also not what it is about as we are to do that all the time not just in celebration of His birth.

The birth of Christ is not bogus. There are better more appropriate ways of recognizing and celebrating it should one choose to do so.

ETA: Shimmie, I feel a name change coming. I think the fun & novelty of 1star has worn off for me

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Hey Shimmie. There is a point to my siggy :giggle: people who know will get my siggy. (gotta read below the pic)

IMO Christmas as celebrated in Western culture is bogus. If it were focused on something othr than heaping material things to satisfy the lust of the eye and the lust of the flesh then maybe it would not be so bad. What (in the world) does a decorated evergreen tree have to do with the birth of the saviour of the world? I don't think they have those in mangers. The gifts he was given all had a purpose & represented who He is. One reperesents his kingship, one His priesthood or as the propitiate and the other his death.

Ppl have turned this functional and purposeful gift giving into a flesh filling. There is no giving with purpose. Giving to the poor or less fortunate is also not what it is about as we are to do that all the time not just in celebration of His birth.

The birth of Christ is not bogus. There are better more appropriate ways of recognizing and celebrating it should one choose to do so.

ETA: Shimmie, I feel a name change coming. I think the fun & novelty of 1star has worn off for me
I hear you, sweetie. :kiss:

Whatever your name change, always remember I consider you a 5 Star gift and rating and not just 1.

Feliz Navidad ... and I mean it withall of my heart. :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Is going to disappear for a while and feel its time to not blog about my thoughts and just find ways to deal IRL..Lord help me as I branch out of being on this lovely site.

:kiss: You are an 'Angel' falling into the arms of God who loves to embrace you deep in His heart. Your time with Him will not be in vain. :love2:

moonglowdiva

I will not look to the left nor to the right but I will look toward the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord. The maker of heaven and earth.

Renewed1

I feel this overwhelming drive in 2010; it's like I need to bulldoze anything that comes in my way. I mean it's a bubbling - building - drive. Can't explain it. But I know this...the devil better move out of my way; because I AM TIRED OF HIM!!!

But really can't explain the feeling...oh well.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
AMEN!!!

I feel you...
I feel this overwhelming drive in 2010; it's like I need to bulldoze anything that comes in my way. I mean it's a bubbling - building - drive. Can't explain it. But I know this...the devil better move out of my way; because I AM TIRED OF HIM!!!

But really can't explain the feeling...oh well.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
God showed up and showed out in 2009 :woot:. Even when things weren't going smoothly in my life, I still had such peace. I can't even begin to explain it! This year I wanted more out of my walk with Christ. I wanted to go to a higher level. I didn't want to get comfortable. God revealed some things to me this year that truly changed my life.
My prayer life was lacking but I made a committment with a group of friends and we met daily to pray and I began fasting. I have seen the power of prayer in my life and others.
As I grew in Christ daily, he showed me more and more of my darkness. God began to show me where I needed to be forgiven and the direction in which I needed to go. I got so many revelations and matured in my relationship with Christ. I desire to be a true follower of Christ. Speak Lord, your servant is listening!

topsyturvy86

I will keep you and your friends in prayer..Lord I know that your will always works out for the good of those who love you..

My dear I will most indeed pray for your friend. In love, in Jesus' Name, Amen. God bless you for being such a faithful friend. :Rose:

Thank you Fallen Anglel :kiss:, Thank you Shimmie :kiss:. God bless you both! xx

My scripture for today: 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind". Fear shall not make itself at home in my heart in Jesus's name. Amen!

Renewed1

All this month, I've been hearing one song in my head non-stop....Isreal Houghton, LORD OF THE BREAKTHROUGH.....I've been hearing this song the closer we come to the end of this year 2009.

Although, 2009 was a litle of a struggle for me, it's been better than years past.

But I feel 2010 is going to be a year of BREAKTHROUGHS........It's going to be interesting....I can't wait to hear the reports of God's people.

Amerie123

Here's sweetheart, from the word of God for you to pray. Also God is well pleased that you have allowed Him to make you 'aware', for it shows to Him that you are listening to His voice and that you care. :love2:

In Psalm 19, the Word of God says, that there is no speech nor language whose speech is not heard. More than the words of anger, God has heard your words of regret and repentance and your words of desire to change.

Therefore in Psalm 19:12-14

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
--------------

Amazing, allow the Lord to change the meditation of your heart. To remove the anger and unforgiveness, the sensitivity to 'offense', for offensive is the catalyst for defense and often defense is a heated flare.

You're not the only one who has taken off in heated words. Remember the number of times Moses became angry with the children of Isreal? He actually broke a rock, he was so angry with them. Yet He was still a man of God's heart and trust.

You may need to 'remove' yourself from those who pull your trigger. Just for a while at least until you are able to flow in your glow of peace with them.

Amazing, no matter what, always remember that you truly are 'amazing' and you are a precious child of God and He sees you as love and as gentle. Allow what God sees in you to flow and overflow that which does not make you happy.

God bless you, Amazing Angel. God is very proud of you, His daughter. :Rose:

I just want to say THANK YOU soo much for this. Although I don't post much here, I lurk a lot on the CF, and i've gained soo much.
Anyways, thanks again for this post Shimmie, this has made my day :love2: :bighug:

LifeafterLHCF

Is so happy about my new job..its a blessing for me..its not stuffy,strick,or unethical..and there is no pressure of men here at all..a bunch of queens..but I can be me and not get looked at funny..I love it..I wake up happy to go to work..I have only had that once and i messed it up by lieing about my references..and quit out of fear I would be expoused..this job I did everything right and Im soo happy..