RANDOM HAIR THOUGHTS FOR DEC07

wheezy807

LOL, i'm bored.... What's going on with you and your hair? What are you doing with your hair today/tonight? PLEASE SHARE!

I'll go first,
Like i said i'm bored so i decided to wash my hair this evening.
It was hard trying to decide which product to use so i went with the Lustrasilk aloe vera cholesterol. So i just got done putting it on dry hair, not sure how long i'll keep it on. Maybe and hour or so, not sure what shampoo i'm going to use neither. Maybe CON? Maybe i'll do a rollerset, too. I've been wanting to do the saran wrap and blowing out the roots thing for the longest. Guess now's my chance, huh?

tinkat

I plan on twisting my hair up and moisturizing the ends....But I am getting a sew-in on friday for my graduation on the 15th...I don't want to get one, but I don't want to use heat right now either..so I am only going to wear the sew-in for like 3 or 4 weeks to get my money's worth.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I'm gonna poo with CON-gren label, DC with my Humecto (trying for the first time)- blowdry and practice a new bun that I want to wear for tomorrow.

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Well, I washed it the Friday I think so I won't wash it again until maybe Wendesday if I can hold out that long.

I was just thinking how much I am loving grease right now. I have started using sulfur 8 on my scalp for the past 2-3 weeks or so and I am loving my hair. My hair is soft, easy to detangle and my scalp feels good.

I think I need to go ahead and get my corrective soon...I am starting to get some breakage but I can't decide if I am going to do it myself or go somewhere and get it done. I don't think I can wait any longer.

myco

I've been using lots of S-curl on my hair do to the cold weather. So last night, I sprayed my scalp with an ACV/water mix before going to bed. Today, I washed with Keracare Detangling shampoo. Followed by an oil rinse of coconut oil and safflower oil. I left that on for a couple of hours. Then I did a steam conditioning treatment using an ORS replenishing pak. When I rinse that out, I'm going to apply Design Essentials Leave-in and more coconut/safflower oil to seal. Then I'll let it airdry in two braids.

DSP

Thank goodness for the baggy method. My humidifier is no match for this dry December air.

Yeah it's about time to take that lil vacay from LHCF. Gotta stop tormenting myself with these products and beautiful heads of hair. Need to focus on me and mine. I will be able to rock the Rhianna bob by my birthday 06/20/08

Dposh167

:grin:well i just got my perm today after a 12 week stretch. so there's not much to do with it right now. But my visit at the salon was very interesting. my beautician immediately noticed the healthiness of my hair and she couldn't believe i achieved it in only 3 months. she kept saying how proud she was. it's like she treated my hair differently now that it's nice. she wasn't roughing me up or pulling my head this way and that way:lachen:. she was very gentle which is odd. the only thing that had me shaking in my boots was how long it took for her to put the neutralizer on. as soon as she washed the perm out her cell rang and she started talking on it. all i could think about was that perm attacking my precious ends. she was about 3 secs from me getting up and saying 'b&*ch neutralize me NOW:lachen:. but it was fine haha.

after the rollerset she couldn't believe how bouncy my hair was, which was a first for me. she gave a big ol hug b4 leaving the salon. (now this lady has been doing my hair for 10 yrs and never gave me a hug after a visit). so i KNOW she was proud.

i think i'm gonna moisturize now and use some vatika frosting on my ends. luv that stuff.

BrownSkin2

My hair is in twists, with the front flat twisted. It's been that way for a week, and I plan to wear them for another week.

natstar

I am so glad I decided to twist my hair up on thanksgiving. I have been wearing these twists and I love them!. I have put them on flexi rods and I get a very cute style. I have also been able to wear my twists in other ways. I am really lovin this style and I think I will keep my hair in twists (redoing every other week) until March. I want GROWTH and I hope with these I can get it while still wearing a variety of styles.

Also- I am lovin using my various oils (coconut, hairveda cocasta, keracare) and humectress for moisture,shine and softness :yep:

Artemis

Well, I washed it the Friday I think so I won't wash it again until maybe Wendesday if I can hold out that long.

I was just thinking how much I am loving grease right now. I have started using sulfur 8 on my scalp for the past 2-3 weeks or so and I am loving my hair. My hair is soft, easy to detangle and my scalp feels good.

I think I need to go ahead and get my corrective soon...I am starting to get some breakage but I can't decide if I am going to do it myself or go somewhere and get it done. I don't think I can wait any longer.

I thought a/b you Friday night as I slapped relaxer on the length of my hair in the back. My hair combs out so much easier than before. I didn't touch the new growth at all, so I'll still be relaxing at the end of the month, but I just had to fix the underprocessed parts. Then I used the blowdryer and flat iron. No hair on the floor :)

Joico has made me into such a daredevil! My hair is so strong, I act like I can do whatever I want to it, and it'll still be there in the morning. I need to quit while I am still ahead...:rolleyes:

Artemis

Yeah it's about time to take that lil vacay from LHCF. Gotta stop tormenting myself with these products and beautiful heads of hair. Need to focus on me and mine. I will be able to rock the Rhianna bob by my birthday 06/20/08

I am about to force myself into a board hiatus as well. This'll be the first one since I started this journey. It'll be hard, but it's necessary...

Evazhair

Trying to maintain moisture and avoiding protein right now because that shikaikai/amla rinse I did 2 washes ago seemed proteinish.I need to remember to break out the coconut milk for the ng on my next wash.

I thought a/b you Friday night as I slapped relaxer on the length of my hair in the back. My hair combs out so much easier than before. I didn't touch the new growth at all, so I'll still be relaxing at the end of the month, but I just had to fix the underprocessed parts. Then I used the blowdryer and flat iron. No hair on the floor :)

Joico has made me into such a daredevil! My hair is so strong, I act like I can do whatever I want to it, and it'll still be there in the morning. I need to quit while I am still ahead...:rolleyes:

:lachen: I like that and glad to see that someone else needs a vacation too. I was beginning to think maybe I was just too involved :ohwell:.

ItsyBitsy

Yesterday my hair was fresh & bouncy before I went to my jobs xmas party. By the end of the night my hair reeked of cigarette smoke & was a tangled mess :wallbash:

gymfreak336

I can't wait to do my first 17minute treatment. I am ordering the kit in two days. I think I might do my corrective this weekend. I could wash again on Tuesday and then relax Saturday...if I do it myself. I still haven't decided on that though. I have a big tub of mizani left to use so I would like to do it to use that up. If I wait until I get my Kpak stuff, I could use it during the relaxer process. Hopefully, I will be using joico and maybe a couple of other items like my Pantene mask exclusivly in the new year.

You asked for industrial strength hair...maybe you got it.

Artemis

I can't wait to do my first 17minute treatment. I am ordering the kit in two days. I think I might do my corrective this weekend. I could wash again on Tuesday and then relax Saturday...if I do it myself. I still haven't decided on that though. I have a big tub of mizani left to use so I would like to do it to use that up. If I wait until I get my Kpak stuff, I could use it during the relaxer process. Hopefully, I will be using joico and maybe a couple of other items like my Pantene mask exclusivly in the new year.

You asked for industrial strength hair...maybe you got it.

Ooh, girl, I can't wait either :yay:...I think it'll get here by like Wed or Thurs. I want to use my Mizani up too. Not sure what I'll use for the next touch-up, or if I'll do it or pay a stylist :perplexed Up in the air. I keep putting off putting my non-Joico stuff on the exchange board...I need to do that :wallbash:

Any of you ladies like Design Essentials :rolleyes:?? LOL!

Gryphyn

I did an Aphogee protein and moisture treatment when washing my hair today, now it's all air dried and I'm procrastinating on rollersetting it. At this time, that means I'll probably end up sleeping in my rollers :nono:.

dlewis

I keep a headache because of this bun. I'm serious considering cutting some of this hair to get some relief. I'm shedding alot right now. I've started doing my HOT and tea rinses in the morning instead of at night and that's working out better. I hate going to bed with a wet head in the winter.

dillard

well, i've been on lhcf for about 7 months and i'm proud that my PJism has basically stopped. i've learned that simplicity is really BEST :yep:

i dc every wed on dry hair, then shampoo and con. every sat I cowash.

yesterday i co-washed with humecto, added biosilk silk therapy to my wet hair and rollerset. i slept in my rollers overnight. this morning i took my rollers out and wrapped my hair and tied it down while i showered and dressed. my hair was shiny and bouncy, i was very happy. today was def a good hair day!!

i just did some pincurls and put on my scarf. i plan to wear it up tomorrow with a new headband i bought...

RosesBlack

I am a little nervous because after I rinse out my henna I am going to flat iron for the first time ever.

Also I am very excited because I took some comparison shots for the HYH reveal and my hair does look better I wasn't just deluding myself.

Artemis

OT: Dillard, your hair is growing more gorgeous every update, and I love your siggy messages. They crack me up :lol:

nakialovesshoes

I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I thought that being all natural, a rollerset wouldn't straighten my hair. Out of curiousity I did my first rollerset since my BC with little black rollers. I started out drying under my soft bonnet dryer but it broke midway during drying & went cold so I airdryed for the rest of the day. I took the rollers out last night before I went to bed & then I put on a satin bonnet. This morning I got up and flat ironed each curl with my cheap Gold N Hot ceramic iron. It has a 0-20 setting. I used 10. I was so surprised at #1 my length (past my neck in the back) & #2 how bouncy it was. I know this may be bad but I didn't use a heat protectant. I could still feel the Giovanni Leave-in on my hair & I didn't want to do anything extra to weigh it down. My hair was so full it looked like a wig. Tonight I went to Wal-mart & bought 2 packs of the Hype Hair satin rollers (1 pk large & 1 pk small) & I put a little coconut oil in my hair & rolled it up with these rollers. I'm going to try to wear my hair like this for another day or so & then it'll be time to co-wash. But it's nice to know that I can set & flat iron my own hair & have a decent style without paying a fortune for a stylist to do it. :yep:

locabouthair

I am about to force myself into a board hiatus as well. This'll be the first one since I started this journey. It'll be hard, but it's necessary...

i've been telling myself I was going to stay out of the hair section for months now. but everytime I want to take a break I end up having a new hair issue and I need to ask a question.

I have been on my journey for over a year and I just realized how important a moisturizing conditioner is. I thought I had one but I really don't. Everytime I would wahs my hair it would always feel very dry and I never understood why. Now I know a regimen should be more moisture heavy than protein heavy.

I also never understand why my hair always looks fried even though I never use direct heat.

Artemis

i've been telling myself I was going to stay out of the hair section for months now. but everytime I want to take a break I end up having a new hair issue and I need to ask a question.

I have been on my journey for over a year and I just realized how important a moisturizing conditioner is. I thought I had one but I really don't. Everytime I would wahs my hair it would always feel very dry and I never understood why. Now I know a regimen should be more moisture heavy than protein heavy.

I also never understand why my hair always looks fried even though I never use direct heat.

Wow, yeah you had to do some re-evaluating...It's always the little things like that that can make a big difference. Once I started applying small amounts of deep conditioner to my hair in sections (a little at a time) my hair's overall feel just soared. Hair's never tangly, always shiny. I also learned that with my fine hair, the conditioner has to be thick but not too thick.

Another random thought: When newbies come here, we need to be telling them to find their regimens that work for them ASAP, and then STAY consistent, no matter what it is they're doing. When you overdo things, it can spell disaster. And if you're going to make a change, change one product at a time, rather than everything all at once...

nicki6

My scalp was screaming at me last night, so this afternoon I poo'd with Keracare Dry Itchy Scalp and deep conditioned with Laifer Collagen and Placenta.

I sprayed some Aphogee leavein and sat under the dryer for 25mins. Its in a ponytail now and my scalp is much quieter. I think its getting some grease in the morning:sekret:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I am patiently waiting for my retouch in two weeks. I love the way my hair feels now. It's really moisturized and my NG is lying flat and behaving and not looking like I need a retouch at all. I am in shock. Usually by this time (12 weeks post), I really need to get to the salon but the scarf method, my Olive cholesterol and At One with Nature leave-in are working wonders here. I would go for longer but my hair needs to be on point for the holidays. I might stretch a whole lot longer next time:yep: now that I got the combo to handle it.