Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
For the rest of the year I want to do 4 weeks straight hair and 4 weeks in a protective style. I want to retain >6 inches of hair this year.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I was so careful dying my roots jet black the other day. I split a few trash bags and laid them down over the sink, cabinet, and floor to make sure there would be no dye stains. Tell me why o' why when I am almost done apply hair dye did the brush get accidently flicked splattering black dye over my wall!!!! (I had thought to put a bag up to cover the wall but figured I would be careful enough to not need it. Wrong!)
Now I have to figure out how to get these stains out of the wall. It's funny because it's so ridiculous! My hair did turn out nice though. lol

demlew

I was so careful dying my roots jet black the other day. I split a few trash bags and laid them down over the sink, cabinet, and floor to make sure there would be no dye stains. Tell me why o' why when I am almost done apply hair dye did the brush get accidently flicked splattering black dye over my wall!!!! (I had thought to put a bag up to cover the wall but figured I would be careful enough to not need it. Wrong!)
Now I have to figure out how to get these stains out of the wall. It's funny because it's so ridiculous! My hair did turn out nice though. lol
I wonder if this cleaner would work. I don't have dye or I'd try it out for you. This stuff is amazing. It even removed makeup (foundation) from my car's roof interior. It's on Amazon for $20/2-pk, but I've bought it here in Texas at H-E-B for $4/bottle.

1710663987117.png

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My daughter: Ooh your hair got longer.
Me: Really? Since when?
My daughter: Since today. It’s like an inch longer.

Now I did massage my scalp with that veganic growth oil, but it may be causing my blowout to revert. Let me check the ingredients again.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I wonder if this cleaner would work. I don't have dye or I'd try it out for you. This stuff is amazing. It even removed makeup (foundation) from my car's roof interior. It's on Amazon for $20/2-pk, but I've bought it here in Texas at H-E-B for $4/bottle.

View attachment 494967
I will check this out for sure. I still laugh about it because, c'mon, I was being so careful! lol

Booked another silk press and trim with the same stylist in early May. Going to try to keep up with 3 month trims this year. I'm leaning toward letting her cut off all the damage to get it over with.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I cut three patches of my hair last July taking my crochet braids out. To the scalp. My stylist at the time cut around 3-4 inches off to even my hair up.

I’m happy with my progress so far. Im keeping my hair braided this entire year. I just don’t have the energy to do much other than once a week when I’m wearing a wig.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-22-092952.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-22-092952.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2024-03-22-092845.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-22-092845.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2024-03-22-092832.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-22-092832.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 24

CoiledOrchids

had a minor hair crisis this past week. My ponytail was too tight and a bump on my crown appeared to be irritated, like a pimple. it has went down but it is still draining.

I am now debating on how much longer I should keep my knotless braids in.

I'm not sure what to do with my hair now that this happened.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Man I have been SLIPPIN.

I tried that Silcon Mix (nutritive hair mask) and I'm for sure adding this to my staple products! I used it on dirty tangled hair and it was the bee's knees.

Why y'all didn't tell me about it?:duck:

The Dr Miracles detox shampoo was decent, albeit really watery. Used the Miele Mongongo deep conditioner too.
I bought the wrong hair mayonnaise though. I was supposed to buy the ORS kind and bought Africa's Best instead. My hair smells yummy and is pretty dang soft to boot.