Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
It annoys me when people expect me to stand in a store and give them a full regimen and inventory of the products I use because our hair is "just alike". No it's not. It's nothing alike and further more I don't have time to stand here and give you the whole life story of my hair when there's a 95% chance that nothing I tell you will actually work for you. Then you pull out a paper and pen and stand there waiting to take notes. I don't mind helping but geesh be realistic and respectful of my time.

faithVA

Sally's gave me a $10 off of $20 coupon for my best. Now I need to figure out what to buy. I need a new shampoo and its time to try a new leave in.

Any gentle shampoo suggestions from Sally's?

My hair loves Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo but they don't sell it anymore.

Smiley79

@faithVA That's a nice coupon amount! I was just about to suggest the Elasta QP shampoo...that stuff was so moisturizing.
I like the sample of Shea Moisture Raw Shea shampoo that I tried over the weekend. Maybe you can get the sample from Sally's if they have it in stock.

faithVA

I will chec
@faithVA That's a nice coupon amount! I was just about to suggest the Elasta QP shampoo...that stuff was so moisturizing.
I like the sample of Shea Moisture Raw Shea shampoo that I tried over the weekend. Maybe you can get the sample from Sally's if they have it in stock.
To see if they have a different Elasta QP shampoo in the shelves. Thanks for that.

My hair doesn't like the Shea moisture line.

Moih Aunaturel

Just realized how it feels good to trim ends. Last time (before last week-end) was when I started my natural hair journey back in 2010. Why oh why didnt I did so earlier. Well lesson learned back on track. I want my hair healthier and longer. Even if it means I'll have to cut/trim from time to time. Hopefully I'll give it enough TLC to avoid too much damage.

Smiley79

Last night, I did a protein treatment in light of the black dye I applied this past weekend. I love how my hair feels a bit stronger and I experienced less breakage. I'm almost done with my jar of the CB Smoothe protein treatment, I will be on the lookout for a new protein treatment with some better ingredients.

KinkyRN

For the first time since being natural I really regret cutting my hair. I called my self getting rid of the color. I had more than I thought and stopped short of cutting it all out. My 2 year no cutting (except trims) gone, nothing to show for it at all. I've learned my lessons: no texturizer, no keratin treatments, no light color hair, don't cut on a whim and stay away from blonde!!

beingofserenity

So I didn't go a week in between washing my hair. I went two days because the mizani conditioners I bought came in. Ugh. I really need to stop messing with my hair so much. I spend wayyy too much time on it. I need to find a new hobby lol. It's not good to mess with it so much especially since my ends are jacked and I want it to grow more before I start trimming consistently.

Anyway, my hair really likes protein. I preferred the kerafuse to the hydrafuse. My hair was detangling and felt fortified, yet conditioned after the kerafuse. It has a whipped butter texture. The hydrafuse is a thick lotion texture. It goes on easier but I wasn't impressed with how my hair felt after. The directions for the hydrafuse say that it should be mixed with the kerafuse, so maybe that's why it wasn't all that when used alone. Gonna mix em for now on...

I blew out my hair. Still getting little broken hairs. Gonna wait a bit because my hair just barely fits into a little pony puff when all stretched out and I'm tryna bun as a protective style.

I spend way too many hours of my life on my hair. I use it as an excuse to procrastinate. I'm going to try to go two weeks in between washing and styling and applying gel/moisturizer as needed for real this time.

My sis is like, "you do your hair all the time and I do my hair never," and I'm like yeah it's a problem.

shasha8685

Natural lesson # 20: If it was 'meh' on my hair when I was relaxed and transitioning, it's ' meh' now (prime example: every Miss Jessie's product EXCEPT for Coily Custard, Jane Carter Solution products). But, if it was amazing on my hair, it will probably be amazing now ( my hair LOVES the Creme of Nature Argan Oil line).

I think I found a way to make sure that I can co-wash nightly and quickly do a wash and go puff. Just in time for summer.