Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Anaisin

Don't do it unless you really don't mind cutting. I realized today I could have colored it all black.

I think that's what I'm going to do, dye it black. Then just "transition" back to my natural pattern since the color I used loosened my curl pattern. My hair will probably reach MBL this year. If I cut the color I will have a TWA. Never had hair that short & as much as I love the look of a tapered cut I would likely hate it after I get it.

nerdography

It's time for a touch up and I'm trying to decided which salon to go to. I went to JCPenney in December and the stylist did a great job, but she talked way too much and kept giving me pamphlets on the Black Hebrew Israelite Movement :look:

There is a black woman that works in the Walmart salon and I always see her doing virgin relaxers, touch ups, dye jobs, and cuts. I've been watching her for a year and the people she works on always look good. So, I might go to her, IDK.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd do my hair myself. Maybe I will, I'll have to see how I feel Memorial Day weekend.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'll probably end up washing my hair today so I can do a twist n curl or I might just cowash and set in twists to stretch for a bun. Since my roller set was a huge fail, I need to do something so I look half decent on Mother's Day.

faithVA

I mixed the 2-Step with a protein deep conditioner because I was running out and couldn't buy more. I still sat under the dryer uncovered and my hair still got hard. It didn't run down my face either. If you ever purchase it again, you could give it a try.
That's a good idea. I don't ever plan on buying it again. I'm traumatized.

fasika

This soft bonnet attachment isn't getting here fast enough! I'm so eager to restart a proper deep conditioning program. I'm thinking of doing it twice a week to start, then judge from there. Supposed to receive it tomorrow!

I tried the inversion method last night. I added a couple of drops of peppermint oil to vitamin E oil. I thought it would be enough to feel a slight tingle, but no bueno. I'm scared of adding more then burning my scalp.

Also, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong. I sprawled on my stomach then dropped my head off the bed. I hope that's enough.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I was looking at older pictures of my hair and it looks like my texture had changed or maybe it's due it my hair getting longer?

Please excuse my roughness in the pics lol

Attachments

• 11863445_10100549447421329_5391428818933929136_n.jpg
    11863445_10100549447421329_5391428818933929136_n.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 12994551_10100694684829399_3314174004151954543_n.jpg
    12994551_10100694684829399_3314174004151954543_n.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 38

fasika

Yes, finally received my bonnet and DCed! I didn't rinse it out (I'm too tired for that after my hellacious commute on the metro), so I just put some oil on my scalp and did my day 3 inversion, put my hair in a high bun and wrapped a scarf. Will rinse it out in the morning. So far though, I like the new DC (Shea Moisture Manuca Honey).

Had a length check on wet hair - when I pull the hair in the back towards the front, my longest layer reaches just under my breast. In the back, it reaches a bit past that. I'm assuming that's a solid MBL, but I can't know for sure unless I straighten (which I don't plan on doing anytime soon).

JerriBlank

Yes, finally received my bonnet and DCed! I didn't rinse it out (I'm too tired for that after my hellacious commute on the metro), so I just put some oil on my scalp and did my day 3 inversion, put my hair in a high bun and wrapped a scarf. Will rinse it out in the morning. So far though, I like the new DC (Shea Moisture Manuca Honey).

Had a length check on wet hair - when I pull the hair in the back towards the front, my longest layer reaches just under my breast. In the back, it reaches a bit past that. I'm assuming that's a solid MBL, but I can't know for sure unless I straighten (which I don't plan on doing anytime soon).
What bonnet did you get?! I used to DC with heat a lot, and I feel like I need to incorporate that step back into my regimen.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I really need to update my product inventory spreadsheet. I guess I'll do that this weekend. I think I've only added 3 or 4...maybe 8 or 12 things since I started it :look: Will probably move to a color coded word document. Not extremely happy with the spreadsheet.

Also thinking about pulling out my Honey's Handmade lemon blueberry (?) refresher spray but I'll probably wait until it gets warmer. I need to get 2 or 3 more spray bottles.

I really wish I could wear 2 strand twists. I would live in them this summer but my hair won't cooperate.

GGsKin

I'm loving the fullness of my pony tail/puff today. A lady approached me in the street the other day (I had my hair in two puffs, half up half down) asking where I bought them:lol:. She said she'd been looking for ones with small coils like mine:blush:.

Last edited:

fasika

What bonnet did you get?! I used to DC with heat a lot, and I feel like I need to incorporate that step back into my regimen.

I got this one: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Sof...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It's not the Gold N Hot that I mentioned in an earlier post. So far I really really like it. I used to own the GNH years ago, and this one is better IMO.
The three things I hated about the GNH are resolved with this one:
1. It's easy to put it on my big head and it looks large enough that I can even use it with rollers comfortably.
2. It's got a drawstring so it STAYS on my head - no need to constantly rearrange it or hold it with one hand so it doesn't blow away.
3. It stays soft while air is blowing so I can take a nap with it on if I wanted to (the GNH gets stiff and awkward). It's got these vents that the other one doesn't have, so I think that's why.

KinkyRN

Okay I thought I had found a good thing with the SM superfruit extended line (gel and anti frizz smoothie). I used the gel and while it gave hold it made my hair feel dry. So I figured if a made a curl creme with the smoothie and gel my hair would be in heaven (WRONG!). Its crazy because it is soft, but no shine, not really moisturized and no curl definition. I used the leavein that is included in the line to make sure I wouldn't have any problems. But it didn't work out. Thinking maybe I need to clarify and do a hard protein treatment with a good moisturizing DC. This natural life is no joke.

KinkyRN

Yesterday asked my boss how she knows when her hair is moisturized. (I have no other naturals at home or work to talk to about this). Y'all she let me feel her hair and I was like OMG. I know I'm not supposed to think I can get my hair like hers but I want moisture. I was shocked when she told me she used Miss Jessies Baby Buttercream. I will try to clarify and start over as I just posted before I buy ANOTHA product. Maybe I should go one and get that analysis. Sorry for the rant, just exhaling!!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Yesterday asked my boss how she knows when her hair is moisturized. (I have no other naturals at home or work to talk to about this). Y'all she let me feel her hair and I was like OMG. I know I'm not supposed to think I can get my hair like hers but I want moisture. I was shocked when she told me she used Miss Jessies Baby Buttercream. I will try to clarify and start over as I just posted before I buy ANOTHA product. Maybe I should go one and get that analysis. Sorry for the rant, just exhaling!!
What's her texture like? Is it at least similar to yours?

curlyTisME

My hair feels really thick and moisturized today. I need to pick up some more deep conditioning packets.

I want to try the SM JBCO ans Shea Oil but I'm going to be decent. I will be purging some products this weekend.

CodeRed

Soooo glad I walked right past that Sally's. Apparently they have buy 1 get 1 free. I would have definitely bought something. No buy until black friday

I was thinking about this... if I can make it on this 3 month no-buy challenge, and the majority of the (untested) stuff I already have works for me, I might just be able to condition myself to not buy anything until November. The only thing I can see myself needing is some serum... I like this idea. It's going to be hard though :lol:

Smiley79

Maybe im late but i didnt know Bealls Outlet had a setup similar to Marshalls and Ross for haircare. I saw Paul Mitchell, Joico, Rusk, Nioxin and other brands. I saw Shea Moisture 10n1 body wash at Ross for 6.99
I didnt buy anything but i always like to see what deals are out there.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
My mom finally wants to do right with her hair. I felt so proud when she called from the bss this morning trying to get a list of what she needs to take better care of her hair and grow it back. So when I got home from work I dyed it for her (SM hair coloring system), gave her a protein treatment, DC and she's going to air dry overnight then do her little updo for church tomorrow. I'm so proud of her. She's normally a wash and blow fry kinda woman.