Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SmilingElephant

My hair is feeling good. I need to oil my scalp and I'll be good for the night. Pin curls to the rescue!

LOL I just oiled my scalp a little while ago! And my ends. My aunt made an oil mixture with Amla, castor and a host of other ingredients I can't remember and gave me some. So I just put it in....my scalp always feels good when I oil it with the mixture.. I think she put tea tree oil in it too.

I realized tonight I use a lot of oils in my hair. So after I use up what I have I'll get some others. :D

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick a gift for someone....minding my own business. I had no idea that their drugstore section carried a TON of natural hair products! Plus you can use your 20% off coupons on each product. Wow! I'm late.
I love B, B & B. I've got to check them out.

SmilingElephant

That's true. And now that I think about it...I kinda sounds like oil rinsing too.

I wanna try it but Co wash afterwards instead of shampoo to hydrate my hair.

So I tried this today! :love:

I soaked my hair in coconut oil this morning but I applied a mix of Indian oils on my scalp and let it sit over nite.

I cowashed with my whole blends conditioner. And styled.

My hair is SO happy!! I'm gonna try and do this weekly! :D

ClassyJSP

I really need to do something with my hair. I haven't washed/cond my hair properly in about 3 weeks I just have it braided up underneath my wigs. I'm debating if I should get my perm/trim this weekend and let my hair breathe or if I should just take the braids down do a complete wash day and put individual braids in.

mzpurp

I was supposed to put marley twists in my hair yesterday but fell asleep and didn't wake up until 10 p.m. SMH!

To start them tonight or not, is the question?!

Ended up blowing my hair out in preparation for this twist. I'm just going to start them Friday night....

fasika

Note to self: I need to transfer my shampoos to an applicator bottle, especially my African Black Soap poo from SM. The applicator bottle will allow me to get the shampoo straight to my scalp so I can really work into my problem areas in particular.

I've been thinking of doing the same. Please update on how it works out!

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
So, I....initially.....decided to perm my hair this past weekend. I was done and over with the whole "curly" hair. I did everything right.......even the smoothing process.

I got this...I'm in love
image.jpeg

curlyTisME

I love to oil my scalp! It's soothing. I like warming the oil up and doing scalp massages.

LOL I just oiled my scalp a little while ago! And my ends. My aunt made an oil mixture with Amla, castor and a host of other ingredients I can't remember and gave me some. So I just put it in....my scalp always feels good when I oil it with the mixture.. I think she put tea tree oil in it too.

I realized tonight I use a lot of oils in my hair. So after I use up what I have I'll get some others. :D
s

SmilingElephant

I love to oil my scalp! It's soothing. I like warming the oil up and doing scalp massages.

s

Yes! It was so relaxing!

Until it started running down my face! :nono: lol!!

I saturated it with oil until it was like it was drenched in water. Then, I put it up in a bun and tied my scarf around the edges and let it set for about an hour.

Papoose

The Phoenix
A new hairstylist used the Tangle Teaser on my fine type 4 strands. My hair felt abused. She then informed me that she cut 3 inches of splits. Since I baby my strands, I can't help but wonder if her tool and methods wreaked havoc on my ends. Time to grow these inches back...and find another hairdresser!

GGsKin

Note to self: I need to transfer my shampoos to an applicator bottle, especially my African Black Soap poo from SM. The applicator bottle will allow me to get the shampoo straight to my scalp so I can really work into my problem areas in particular.

I do this on the rare occasion I do shampoo. It allows me to heavily dilute my shampoo and focus on my scalp when applying. It really helps. I still get suds and a clean scalp and hair.

tolly

I BC again,every two years I go through the cycle of BC, natural hair for 18months, relaxed for 6 months then BC and start all oer again. I will see how this cycle goes.

beingofserenity

Well, y'all I'm tired. I'm over this. My hair is too short, I can't do nuffin with it. I'm tired of spending all this dern time styling it and what not. I was this close to perming it last night. In february I was even closer to perming it.

I need it to grow out a couple inches, but I wanna look fly in the process with minimal effort so I'm about to get some micro braids with human hair and call it a day. I'll post pics once they're done.

toaster

@toaster
I would check out MyHoneyChild's Type 4 Hair Crème. I will also think of several others. But look at MHC Type 4. It might be exactly what you want.
I knew you were the person to ask. I'm trying to get back into the hair products game when it comes to moisturizers as I have on the ground products for every other stage of my routine. I've never even heard of MHC. Off to google.

Smiley79

I do this on the rare occasion I do shampoo. It allows me to heavily dilute my shampoo and focus on my scalp when applying. It really helps. I still get suds and a clean scalp and hair.

Good to hear, that is exactly my goal. My scalp is what needs all that TLC.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I was so disappointed to wake up and find that I was out of bamboo tea. I thought I had at least 4-5 bags left. I ordered 8 boxes of Uncle Lee's this morning. They should be here Tuesday. I need to up my intake and while I love BB, it's just not cost effective for me to use 2-3 bags a day. I will still use their vitamins though.