Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

fasika

I started taking iron again last night. My anemia is back - definitely need to see my endo, but can't right now.
I hope to see some change in my hair as well. My shedding has been outta control.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I was so disappointed to wake up and find that I was out of bamboo tea. I thought I had at least 4-5 bags left. I ordered 8 boxes of Uncle Lee's this morning. They should be here Tuesday. I need to up my intake and while I love BB, it's just not cost effective for me to use 2-3 bags a day. I will still use their vitamins though.
Why do you use 2-3 bags a day? Just personal choice?

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Why do you use 2-3 bags a day? Just personal choice?
I've noticed that if I don't brew the second cup immediately, then it's like water afterwards. In the event that I do use the same bag it's only twice and only if I have immediate access to hot water and a second cup. I'm not one for walking around with a wet tea bag in a ziplock bag in my pocket looking for hot water and I can't just let it sit in the cup all day either. I also don't use fruit in my water bottle more than twice. I refill once then toss them. I can't have the same fruit floating in my water all day. And if I can't refill immediately I toss them.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I've noticed that if I don't brew the second cup immediately, then it's like water afterwards. In the event that I do use the same bag it's only twice and only if I have immediate access to hot water and a second cup. I'm not one for walking around with a wet tea bag in a ziplock bag in my pocket looking for hot water and I can't just let it sit in the cup all day either. I also don't use fruit in my water bottle more than twice. I refill once then toss them. I can't have the same fruit floating in my water all day. And if I can't refill immediately I toss them.
Gotcha. I make enough for the entire day or weekend like I'm brewing a pitcher for the fridge, but I'm only using 1 bag per day, 2 bags for the weekend. I'm not into saving tea bags either.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Gotcha. I make enough for the entire day or weekend like I'm brewing a pitcher for the fridge, but I'm only using 1 bag per day, 2 bags for the weekend. I'm not into saving tea bags either.
I wish I could make enough for the whole day. I don't have a desk job and I'm always up and down the halls, the fridge is way on the other end of the world most days and it stinks so I wouldn't use it anyways. At home I probably could but my siblings are so annoyingly careless and lazy that they'd knock it over trying to reach for stuff. I may look into other storage options because I'll be drinking it iced when/if it even gets hot here.

meka72

I really like this DIY braid spray and hope that it keeps my hair moisturized and strong in these crochet braids. I might use this spray to moisturize my hair when I decide to move on from crochet braids in a few months.

ClassyJSP

I swear I finally learned my lesson Hair Cuttery can never do my hair again. I went in with my mom for a simple wash and blow dry. The Spanish girl took me straight back and started washing my hair. I was thinking so far so good.

She finishes the wash and takes me over to her chair. My hair is completely matted. Like matted to my scalp matted. I yelled (literally yelled) for my mom and she couldn't even put her fingers through my hair.

I never cussed so much in my life I'm still in disbelief. I sat there for almost 2hrs get my hair detangled with conditiner.

This morning my hair finally reached mbl now I'm barely past bsb. BARELY

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'll be doing a full wash day tomorrow in place of my daily cowash. Clay wash, protein treatment, deep conditioning, tea rinse, the works. Then I'll do a loose 2 strand twist, tuck it under and pin. I can't wait. for some reason I've been so excited about wash day lately.

ClassyJSP

My scalp is so sore today I'm calling the bank to do a chargeback..

Looks like i'll be babying my scalp and hair all over again.

Smiley79

I'll be doing a full wash day tomorrow in place of my daily cowash. Clay wash, protein treatment, deep conditioning, tea rinse, the works. Then I'll do a loose 2 strand twist, tuck it under and pin. I can't wait. for some reason I've been so excited about wash day lately.

Oh wow, that's me. Especially now that I'm really getting the hang of picking products and combination that work for me, I really look forward to wash day too!:lachen:It's like a spa day for my hair and scalp.

tapioca_pudding

I want my hair to grow long NOW. It's whispering around SL right now (BC'd last Jan) and I want to scrape APL by Xmas. I don't know what to do to get there though. I use heat minimally (maybe once a month), I cowash a couple times a week, DC 2-3x a month, I sleep in a bonnet when I remember lol. I moisturize just about every day, shampoo as needed. Dust my ends as needed. My hair doesn't take kindly to oil but likes water based stuff.

Like why aint my ish to my arse right now?

Patience you say?

Oh yeah, that.

I ain't got none.

whinewhinewhinewhine

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Received my Uncle Lee's and my Beautifully Bamboo orders today. Drinking a cup of bamboo tea as I type and I'm attempting to steep a second cup. I like the exotic fruit flavor and will order a few more boxes.

angelmilk

I want my hair to grow long NOW. It's whispering around SL right now (BC'd last Jan) and I want to scrape APL by Xmas. I don't know what to do to get there though. I use heat minimally (maybe once a month), I cowash a couple times a week, DC 2-3x a month, I sleep in a bonnet when I remember lol. I moisturize just about every day, shampoo as needed. Dust my ends as needed. My hair doesn't take kindly to oil but likes water based stuff.

Like why aint my ish to my arse right now?

Patience you say?

Oh yeah, that.

I ain't got none.

whinewhinewhinewhine
Ughhhh I feel you..

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
My hair for my crochet braids should be delivered today. I should be able to get my mom to braid my hair Sunday or Monday. I've been loving my hair and my daily cowashing and wet bunning but I need to hide it. I feel like it grows faster when I ps so that's what I'm doing for the next year. I'm thinking about ordering some more hair for my faux locs in July while Sam's Beauty is having a sale on braiding hair.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
My hair for my crochet braids should be delivered today. I should be able to get my mom to braid my hair Sunday or Monday. I've been loving my hair and my daily cowashing and wet bunning but I need to hide it. I feel like it grows faster when I ps so that's what I'm doing for the next year. I'm thinking about ordering some more hair for my faux locs in July while Sam's Beauty is having a sale on braiding hair.

I'm trying to stay the protective styling course. My hair grows like weeds if I wet it daily, it just tangles A LOT. It grows okay in protective styles but not as fast as with water. I've had these faux locs in for almost 4 weeks. I wouldnt be taken these out but my birthday is coming soon and I want a fresh style and to give my hair a weeks break before going back into a ps/

I ordered faux locs again but with a little color splash in the front

SmilingElephant

I think I'm going right on back to using some old fashioned Blue Magic. I used the Indian Hemp version on soaking wet hair today under my gel...it's JUST what I was looking for in a product! :love: it has been so hard for me to hold moisture especially after I passed MBL...I think my hair is highly porous bc it doesn't hold on to water very long at all :nono: And the longer it gets, the more I have to fight with dryness. :(

So hair grease it is! But this go around I have a good regimen for it. :yep: