Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Moih Aunaturel

Used methi sativa protein system for the first time.
Liked how my hair felt after rinsing step 1.

But now it has this kind of grease feeling I think from glycin that is listed in step 2.

Will see if water washing get me rid of it. If not will try AVG rinse if not vedic tea rinse.. (still experimenting a sort of WOW regimen)

Next time I will try step 1 only to see if it's fine by itself.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
When did Target start selling Kerastase? I saw the Oleo Relax line there earlier today. The prices are about 15% less than on the Kerastase website. If it doesn't sell, then they will drop the price some more

Anaisin

When did Target start selling Kerastase? I saw the Oleo Relax line there earlier today. The prices are about 15% less than on the Kerastase website. If it doesn't sell, then they will drop the price some more

I always see it in there. I still haven't tried anything yet though

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Dying my hair red. I have been loving daily cowashing but I probably won't do that for the next month or so. Will probably play with some perm rod sets over the next few weeks. My hair is growing even though I've completely fallen off with my tea and vitamins. I'm getting my life back together tomorrow. I got goals to achieve. No time for laziness.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Dying my hair red. I have been loving daily cowashing but I probably won't do that for the next month or so. Will probably play with some perm rod sets over the next few weeks. My hair is growing even though I've completely fallen off with my tea and vitamins. I'm getting my life back together tomorrow. I got goals to achieve. No time for laziness.

What are you cowashing with? @KinksAndInk

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
What are you cowashing with? @KinksAndInk
I've been rotating a few things.
-As I Am coconut cowash
-Eden Bodyworks cleansing cowash
-Suave Naturals (whatever I have open)
-SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
-Honey's Handmade pumpkin & kokum chocolate deep conditioning masque

Since I only use gel and leave in to bun my hair, maybe a bit of edge control, it rinses pretty clean with water so I don't have to necessarily use a "real" cowash. Plus I find that the only real cowash that I like is As I Am. Tomorrow I'll be opening up a cowash from Honey's Handmade. Can't think of the name of it right now.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Why did I insist on doing a wash n go knowing darn well I hate the way they look now that my hair has gotten longer?

Having red hair is making me want to straighten my hair. That's not happening so maybe I'll get a sew in or something.

I need to pick up a few of those braided wig caps. I want to make some wigs to get me through the fall and winter.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Mane 'n Tail Hair Strengthener just might be a holy grail product for me.
After a couple weeks of use I notice a marked decrease in the amount of hair loss during detangling sessions, which wasn't too much in the 1st place. And this after only using 1-2x a week as a leave-in after wash/dc and then mid-week.
The only thing is I've only found it at 1 Sally's... When I go back I will definitely have to stock up. I think this might be a great product for when applying direct heat, spray on hair then apply a heat protectant.

Moih Aunaturel

@Moih Aunaturel
I never use these two together.:nono: My Step 2 is always something else.:yep:

Next time you use it, try something else.

Do you think it is possible to not use anything after step 1 ? (Have you tried ?)

How/when/for what purpose do you use step 2 ?

It has been a long time since I'v used any kind of protein. Any idea about the frequency with the methi sativa thing ?

I've water washed tonight this 'greasiness' is much less present but still is. I hope I can get rid of it without clay or tea rinses.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Moih Aunaturel

No, you will definitely need to follow up with something after using Step1.

I just go right into DC'ing under my Steamer with something Moisturizing after Step1. A really good moisturizing DC'er after Step 1 should do the trick.

I only use Step 2 for basic simple cowashing.

ETA: 4. 6, 8, 12 weeks or as needed.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Moih Aunaturel
I consider this one of my stronger proteins, so I don't use it very often. Maybe once every other month, but I have other lighter weight proteins & reconstructors I use.

You'll have to go by your Hair how it feels and what it needs.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
It's been two weeks since I got braids. I can see the bulbs from shed hairs popping out. Blegh
I am going to wash this wkned cuz eww.

I want to wear braids till the end of december. I hope my hair will be significantly longer.
I wanted to wear braids for the rest of the year, too, but didn't like the way my hair felt when I removed them.

OhTall1

I got a sample of Ouidad's no lahter cleansing conditioner with my last order from CurlMart. The instructions say to divide your hair into 4 sections, and then use 3-8 pumps per section. Uhhh, the sample packet is only one ounce. That wouldn't fully coat one of my sections, much less my whole head of hair!

Last edited:

alex114

I can't wait for my hair appointment with my stylist. I'm ready for 2 or 2.5 inches to go, and having straight hair for a while will definitely be welcome.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón

It's at our local grocer as well. They want actual sales lol. Too expensive.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
My hair is sticky. I used DE coconut & monoi curl defining gelee for a wash and go...no bueno. I love this gel for perm rod sets but that's only using a tiny amount so my hair doesn't get sticky. I'm trying not to rewash because I don't want to fade my color so I'll probably just rinse some of the gel out to try to get rid of the stickiness.