Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Sometimes it's the tool, not the technique or products. I did everything the same, but used a different flat iron and my hair is much smoother. The plates are smooth and glide through my hair better... Day 3 and no reversion. And I'm a type 4 natural:cheers:

I had been using a Plugged wet/dry from Sally's, but now I am using the Remington Wet 2 Straight ($20 @ Target).

Last edited:

MzSwift

Sometimes it's the tool, not the technique or products. I did everything the same, but used a different flat iron and my hair is much smoother. The plates are smooth and glide through my hair better... Day 3 and no reversion. And I'm a type 4 natural:cheers:

I had been using a Plugged wet/dry from Sally's, but now I will be using the Remington Wet 2 Straight ($20 @ Target).

I don't have the wet to dry but I love my Remington. I have two, a 2" and a 1/2", and they both leave my hair silky smooth.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I'm debating on whether to dye my hair or not. I was thinking about a dark violet/plum.
Right now my hair is a very, very dark, d@mn near black, brown. I'm so sick of it. I'm going to put some medium brown hi-lights in and I'm probably going to put in a couple strands of the color you described^^ I can't wait.
Do you know what brand you're going to use and the color?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Right now my hair is a very, very dark, d@mn near black, brown. I'm so sick of it. I'm going to put some medium brown hi-lights in and I'm probably going to put in a couple strands of the color you described^^ I can't wait.
Do you know what brand you're going to use and the color?
My hair is the same color lmao. I'm not sure if I'm going to dye it myself because I'm not to keen on those kinds of chemicals.

KinkyRN

My hair is the same color lmao. I'm not sure if I'm going to dye it myself because I'm not to keen on those kinds of chemicals.
í lєαrnєd mч lєѕѕσn wíth cσlσr. dєѕpítє clєαnѕíng, dcíng αnd trчíng tσ kєєp ít mσíѕturízєd í єndєd up вíg chσppíng αgαín. ѕσ í gívє up!! wíѕh í cσuld kєєp ít up thσugh nσthíng líkє α nєw cσlσr tσ put α díp ín чσur híp!!

ms.tatiana

My edges are working my nerves
Why won't they just fill in gosh
Trying ORS fertilizing blam & peppermint oil on them
Let's see how this work for my edges

LavenderMint

I'm debating on whether to dye my hair or not. I was thinking about a dark violet/plum.
I've wanted to dye my hair plum, too. I'm scared of bleaching & losing my hair. The lady at Sally's recommended a highlight kit specifically for dark hair, just to lift it a tad so the color will show better. No idea if I'm going to do that or get it done when I go for my next DevaCut. My dye is Manic Panic Purple Haze.

imaginary

I wanna really be about that bun life so I think I may invest in a puff cuff jr. (smaller than the original so I'm hoping it makes good sock-looking buns). And some marley hair. And a whole bunch of gel (cause my varying lengths won't let me be great).

ETA: Finger coils are a gift! I'll switch up my bunning with this. they're gentler on my hair than 2-strand twists and even though they don't stay neat for long (neither do twists tbh) they're not unraveling so I know my ends are protected.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
How do you guys secure your buns? I dont really want to use bobby pins
I bun my hair with a headband so after pulling it into a puff, I twist the very ends of my hair and either secure it under the headband or secure the ends with one of those baby claw clips or sometimes I'll use an old school black barrette.

Royalq

I bun my hair with a headband so after pulling it into a puff, I twist the very ends of my hair and either secure it under the headband or secure the ends with one of those baby claw clips or sometimes I'll use an old school black barrette.
Oooo, very good idea with the baby claws. That sounds alot more gentle than bobby pins. And if i get them in black or very dark brown they shouldnt be noticeable.

Amy other ideas?

Honey Bee

I had been using a Plugged wet/dry from Sally's, but now I am using the Remington Wet 2 Straight ($20 @ Target).
Talk to me about this. Are you using it wet-dry? Are you concerned about curl integrity (ie, do you wear wng's?) etc. I haven't yet been compelled to straighten, but I may change my mind in the future. (I, too, swear by Kerastase for straight hair.)

beingofserenity

I tried kinky curly knot today on a section of my hair (I took one braid out) and I really think I like it. It made my hair curl up. I usually take it as a good sign when I use something be it a shampoo, conditioner, or leave in that makes my hair go super curly. It also makes it easy to detangle. And it's not greasy. This may be what I will use for the L in the LCO regimen, with a dab of the curl enhancing smoothie as my C. The leave in seems to be making my hair hydrated enough that I won't need to use a lot of the smoothie, or anything else, to seal and both kind of smell similar to me.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I have 1 week to figure out my fall routine. School starts the first week of September but I want to plan ahead so I can already be in the groove of things so that I can smoothly transition from being lazy to being too busy to blink without many hiccups. I do know that wash day will be Sunday afternoon/evening. I'm thinking wigs will be my go to so that way I will only have to make sure my hair is moisturized and twisted.