Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Okay: My hair is air drying after the Komaza treatment and O, M, Geeeeeeeeeeeee!

I am speechless. Can't come up with words.

Maybe a few months of this will turn things around. Feeling VERY positive and hopeful right now.

Is this my hair?!?? Just wow.

Protein-needers, this is worth ordering for trial!!! :yep:

Royalq

Does anyone know the Ph of aloe vera juice?
I remember years ago I did an acv rinse but I don't think I rinsed it out. Then I use olive oil on my hair. I was running around smelling like pizza:lachen:. Are you supposed to rinse out an acv rinse?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
So the new sealing oil is actually a massage oil. I used on my hair one day when i was curious to see how it would feel. If its good enough to use on skin its should be alright for hair no?

Its is wonderful, feels so silky in my hair, softens like castor oil but its not heavy/sticky. Plus its smells SO good, like mango + pineapple, using it to seal daily.

Only prob is its 20 bucks online :look: I got it on sale at winners a few months ago for like 9...

Down to the last bit and I never saw it again in store after that...

I did buy rice bran oil and evoo to see if I could make my own version, since those are the main ingredients. But I feel it wont be the same....Lol I'll probably cave and just get it spent more money on things that didn't work.

Here's the oil in case anyone is curious: It's by Sranrom, mango passion

Sranrom-mango-passion-Massage-oil-e1426197822985-150x500.png

princess_z

Moving wash day to today. Trying a new product combo.

My TWA is also beginning to grow out and it's annoying. When it was super short (about half an inch) it was cute. It's about an inch all over now (little longer little shorter in some places) and it just looks weird to me. I'm hoping two inches will look a little better on me and that's my next goal.

MzSwift

Spent pretty much all day yesterday mixing up my products. I'm getting back on this train y'all! I realized how much I missed my mixing sessions

I was on a roll! I made:
a Henna/Amla tea
my staple Shikakai/Neem/Hibiscus/Castile soap cleanser for my poo
a Brahmi/Bhringaraj/Cassia/Hibiscus tea added to oil and condish for a prepoo
my staple Queen Helene/EVOO/sea salt/Hibiscus moisturizing DC
a new protein tx mixing Brahmi, MT and amino acids into a regular condish
a sulfur scalp oil (gotta use up the 3 bottles left over from my bandwagon days) with EVOO, castor oil, peppermint oil and grapefruit oil.

When I used my mixes regularly, I saw great retention. The only thing I'm doing differently is not rocking wigs daily.

I cleansed, did the tea rinse and followed with my moisturizing DC. Then I rubbed in a little Infusium 23 and heat protectant. Blow dried on low and flat ironed on the lowest setting. My hair is so happy and bouncy!

Ladies, I even mixed up a coconut oil/activated charcoal concoction to use before brushing my teeth! I was a mixing machine! Lol.

I stopped doing all of this after texlaxing my hair 2.5 years ago and my hair has suffered. If I stay consistent, I should retain and reach my hair goals in no time!!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Full detangling session took 1 hour and 28 minutes. I'm relieved my hair is detangled.

I focused on removing shed hair and tried not pay attention to the amount. It's shed hair and just must go.

Did a three-step process. New second step saved my sanity: Removing knots very carefully with a finer (but not fine) -toothed comb. Waaaaaaaaay easier than pulling every strand out individually with my fingers.

Reflection: I don't think I can trust a salon to detangle my hair with care. Thank HEAVEN we have 2 boys (hair is a breeze). I want to kiss the makers of Komaza and NaturelleGrow. THANK YOU to the sister who suggested a comb to chase the Wet Brush. (I'm on my phone and can't search for your user handle name at the moment.)

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
This my second WNG this week and I'm very happy they were successful.

Cleansing by just massaging my scalp and rubbing DevaCurl down my hair. Rinse. Apply conditioner by smoothing down my hair and let it sit. Rinse and detangle, even though smoothing down the hair during Cleansing and conditioning pulled most of hairs down. Apply leave in and hair Jelly and smooth down. No issues.

Whole process takes me roughly 30 minutes. I can live with that.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Full detangling session took 1 hour and 28 minutes. I'm relieved my hair is detangled.

I focused on removing shed hair and tried not pay attention to the amount. It's shed hair and just must go.

Did a three-step process. New third step saved my sanity: Removing knots very carefully with a finer (but not fine) -toothed comb. Waaaaaaaaay easier than pulling every strand out individually with my fingers.

Reflection: I don't think I can trust a salon to detangle my hair with care. Thank HEAVEN we have 2 boys (hair is a breeze). I want to kiss the makers of Komaza and NaturelleGrow. THANK YOU to the sister who suggested a comb to chase the Wet Brush. (I'm on my phone and can't search for your user handle name at the moment.)

@whiteoleander91, thank you. Using a comb helped so much today. Thank you for the suggestion! :kiss:

JerriBlank

It blows my mind when I think about all of these companies making money off of lhcf and other hair boards. Black women congengrated here because the masses were not thinking about us, past hair grease and pink oil.
Look at the product available in stores now. Corporations benefitting from women looking to share their knowledge with kin. I roll my eyes when I see some new product roll out, because it's always based on something discussed here.
It does give other women with no hair board knowledge the opportunity to find better things for their hair, true. And black women are an actual market now. They do cater to us now. Or give that impression anyway. We had to show interest in ourselves first though. Cause they sure tf did not.

GettingKinky

I usually don't spend much time detangling so my hair is only tangle free when I get it straightened.

All this talk you ladies have been doing must have inspired me. I detangled in the shower with conditoner for the first time ever and it worked really well! It also made my curls clump and I can maybe envision wearing a wash n go once I'm fully natural.

I used the ouidad double detangler. It got the tangles out easily but I lost a lot of hair. I may neeed to be more patient and gentle next time.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I usually don't spend much time detangling so my hair is only tangle free when I get it straightened.

All this talk you ladies have been doing must have inspired me. I detangled in the shower with conditoner for the first time ever and it worked really well! It also made my curls clump and I can maybe envision wearing a wash n go once I'm fully natural.

I used the ouidad double detangler. It got the tangles out easily but I lost a lot of hair. I may neeed to be more patient and gentle next time.

I haven't had success with the Ouidad double detangler on my own hair, but it detangles my WIGS like a CHAMP.

I'm thinking maybe my hair is too short at the moment for the Ouidad double detangler to be of much help??? I dunno. :smile:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm going to try to make some time to rollerset this week. Probably on Thursday. I haven't trimmed my ends in maybe a year. I keep saying I will but I end up doing a S&D instead.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
That's exactly why I never get around to using indirect heat to dry my hair. :(

As a tangent to this - when I first started my hair journey and joined the board the 'in-thing' was no-heat/indirect heat and I battled with SSKs and length retention with that as part of my regime. Now I incorporate direct heat once every 6 weeks and my hair is much happier.