Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Purchased 3 shea moisture JBCO shampoos. Purchased 3 Soultanicals Knot Sauce.

Did a secret Santa with a $25 limit and my wish list was one JBCO Shampoo and one ST Knot Sauce. Limit can be achieved at tar.get.

I want to be ashamed of myself. But I'm not. At all. :drunk:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

@Napp hooray!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

CodeRed

I really hate wrestling myself with need vs. want when it comes to hair stuff but if I'm going to have some kind of discipline, I have to start somewhere. Going down my want list is forcing me to look at how things work with my hair and if I need to actually incorporate them... and most of the time the answer is no :lol:

vevster

Very impressed with the Alikay products I just used. I'll review tomorrow after the take down. However the black soap shampoo was fab I could actually detangle with it! The conditioner continued the detangling love.

ETA my twists are dry and feel incredibly soft. Alikay may be a game changer for me.

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
My hair is being severely neglected due to school. I haven't washed in almost 2 weeks because I've been studying for exams, writing papers and doing projects. I was able to moisturize and lightly detangle today. I don't foresee a real wash day for another 2 weeks when classes end.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Try it and let me know how it works for you! My hair is so weird. (Look in my media, there's a pic.) It's type 4, but responds best to products suited for type 3's. It thinks its 3c when its clearly not. :spinning: To quote my Bajan ex SIL (who I still love to death), 'I cyan unnastan.' :lol:
My hair is the same way. I always haved used products that type 3 and 2 love. Products geared for type 4 is too heavy for me.

naturalyogini

Saffiya Botanicals (formerly Botanical Spirits) perplexes me. First they have a 40% sale with no fanfare. Missed out on that. Then they randomly put stuff on sale AND then change the formula of said products without notice. Imagine how pissed off customers must be if they buy a product only to see that the formula was new/improved a couple of weeks later. Why not just come right out and say you're having an inventory sale? Why be so sneaky about it. Just sayin....

nerdography

Tell me why, when I was at Target, I saw Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls and bought it. I was doing so well with not buying any hair products. And it's not like I can even use it now, because I haven't cut off my all old relaxed hair yet, and that probably won't be until next year. Maybe, I'll try it over Christmas break, that way if I don't like I can't wash it out without having to come to work the next day.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Tell me why, when I was at Target, I saw Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls and bought it. I was doing so well with not buying any hair products. And it's not like I can even use it now, because I haven't cut off my all old relaxed hair yet, and that probably won't be until next year. Maybe, I'll try it over Christmas break, that way if I don't like I can't wash it out without having to come to work the next day.

Is that the one that smells like Downy?

Royalq

@Saludable84 Yeah, Jelly Soft and Pillow Soft both smell like fabric softenter
I loooove fabric softener but I sniffed that pillow soft in Walmart and got an instant headache. I can't imagine that on my head for many days.

Washed my box braids yesterday and DCed below the knot to avoid matting. Sprayed my homemade spray and sealed. My hair smells great but now my edges are frizzy. Took down one front piece today to redo and my natural hair was super soft and moisturized.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Saffiya Botanicals (formerly Botanical Spirits) perplexes me. First they have a 40% sale with no fanfare. Missed out on that. Then they randomly put stuff on sale AND then change the formula of said products without notice. Imagine how pissed off customers must be if they buy a product only to see that the formula was new/improved a couple of weeks later. Why not just come right out and say you're having an inventory sale? Why be so sneaky about it. Just sayin....

I havent been back in years. Sounds about right though. She did that a lot when starting up.