Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I neeeeed to learn how to flat twist. I would be able to wash and detangle more often.

This is my new main priority in my hair journey. I'm going to try tomorrow. I found a video by this woman (Natural Metra) that is super clear on how to do it. Imma watch it while I try. If I can do this and get good at it, retwisting will only be like thirty minutes versus a day. Come on hands!

LavenderMint

:drunk:
I neeeeed to learn how to flat twist. I would be able to wash and detangle more often.

This is my new main priority in my hair journey. I'm going to try tomorrow. I found a video by this woman (Natural Metra) that is super clear on how to do it. Imma watch it while I try. If I can do this and get good at it, retwisting will only be like thirty minutes versus a day. Come on hands!
I'm still learning how to cornrow my own hair..... and making straight parts is beyond me lol I usually make my try and then get my hubby to straighten it up. It's so funny because sometimes he sounds like my mom would when I was kid. "You keep moving." "Stop moving." "Meawea, would you BE STILL!" :drunk:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Finally trimmed my ends since my BC in July. I was a little past BSL and now I'm full BSL.

My crown that suffered complete damage 6 years ago is finally recovered and APL. I personally believe I had scalp damage in that area as well.

The front is all a bit past APL.

Curses from the V-Hemline.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
All I want to do is get info on a specific wig, but I can't stand these ratchet review videos!!! Learn how to speak in front of a camera!!!

:mad:

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
:drunk:
I'm still learning how to cornrow my own hair..... and making straight parts is beyond me lol I usually make my try and then get my hubby to straighten it up. It's so funny because sometimes he sounds like my mom would when I was kid. "You keep moving." "Stop moving." "Meawea, would you BE STILL!" :drunk:

I think the worst part for me is actually trying. Mental preparation is such a powerful force over me. Its always been that way with things I want to do :rolleyes: So I go in saying "I can't do this" and I freeze up when the time comes or I don't do it because I just assume I won't be able to. I want to change that in 2017. Matta fact, I'll try TODAY (or tomorrow... hehe) by watching the video doing and try to do only one. We'll see what happens :confused:

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I did it! I figured out the basics of how to do a flat twist. Thank the LORD!

However, I can't get them to stop "floating." As in, they loosen and kind of hang as I do them (I cant explain it better than floating lol) I don't know how to get them tight and flat to my head yet. But I'm surprised it was so easy. I was adding hair to the wrong piece is all. Lol. I'm still faaaarr from being able to do my whole head, but I'm much closer now. Thank God for this progress.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been trying out the Kinky Curly hair oil and it's ok. I like the lightness of the oil and the smell; but it doesn't have that wow factor. Once I'm done with this oil, I'm thinking of trying Lotus Moon hair oil. Has anyone ever tried this oil? For those that don't know, Lotus Moon is a natural line that has hair products, face products etc... The ingredients look really good and it's suppose to promote hair growth.

Quick shop
Revitalizing Hair and Scalp Serum - 4 oz

$ 34.00

THE INGREDIENTS:
Sesame Seed oil, Organic Argan (morrocan) Oil, Bilwa, Brahmi, Amla, Ashwagandha, Kanta Kari, Gokshura, Bala, Neem, Purnarnava, Atibala, Agnimantha, Prasarani, Patal Twak, Shatawari, Mishreya, Jatamansi, Turmeric, Daruharidra, Shailja, Sandalwood, Pushkarmool, Ela, Manjistha, Yasti Madhu, Tagar, Musta, Tejpatra, Bringraj, Jiwak, Vacha, Kama Duda, Essential oils

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I've been trying out the Kinky Curly hair oil and it's ok. I like the lightness of the oil and the smell; but it doesn't have that wow factor. Once I'm done with this oil, I'm thinking of trying Lotus Moon hair oil. Has anyone ever tried this oil? For those that don't know, Lotus Moon is a natural line that has hair products, face products etc... The ingredients look really good and it's suppose to promote hair growth.

Quick shop
Revitalizing Hair and Scalp Serum - 4 oz

$ 34.00

THE INGREDIENTS:
Sesame Seed oil, Organic Argan (morrocan) Oil, Bilwa, Brahmi, Amla, Ashwagandha, Kanta Kari, Gokshura, Bala, Neem, Purnarnava, Atibala, Agnimantha, Prasarani, Patal Twak, Shatawari, Mishreya, Jatamansi, Turmeric, Daruharidra, Shailja, Sandalwood, Pushkarmool, Ela, Manjistha, Yasti Madhu, Tagar, Musta, Tejpatra, Bringraj, Jiwak, Vacha, Kama Duda, Essential oils
Looks good, but what does it smell like?

ClassyJSP

I'm wondering how long I should wait to put braids in my hair since I just had a perm last Sunday. I may give it another 2 weeks and do a protein treatment I really just want to put my hair away for the winter.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Yo I am so tight right now. I lost this new job too. She interviewed and hired on the spot someone else with more experience on my first official day of work. I was no longer needed.:cry3:

what I don't understand is hiring someone if you have other interviews to do. It was waste of my time and energy.

I'm so tired of this. I hate having to beg for work scraps. It seems that I have to just start my own thing.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Yo I am so tight right now. I lost this new job too. She interviewed and hired on the spot someone else with more experience on my first official day of work. I was no longer needed.:cry3:

what I don't understand is hiring someone if you have other interviews to do. It was waste of my time and energy.

I'm so tired of this. I hate having to beg for work scraps. It seems that I have to just start my own thing.
Nooooooooooo praying for you!! How horrible, I'm so sorry. @Napp

SuchaLady

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear that! She sounds so lousy. :mad:

May I ask what kinda salons you're interviewing at? Also, do the regulations vary by state about how new cosmetologists must work? I ask because here in GA, girls pass their state boards, hop right into salons, pay their booth rent, and that's it. It's like everyone does their own thing.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Oh, no @Napp! How selfish is that?
May I ask what kinda salons you're interviewing at? Also, do the regulations vary by state about how new cosmetologists must work? I ask because here in GA, girls pass their state boards, hop right into salons, pay their booth rent, and that's it. It's like everyone does their own thing.
That is how it is in my state as well.