Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Man my hair thinks it's slick so as I posted in this thread I decided to relax my hair again because I just miss it and my relaxed hair was fly.
So yesterday was wash day and I step out of the shower to put on my deep conditioner and I look in the mirror and my hair was being all cute it was curling up and perfectly falling into place curls popping - it was trying to seduce me into changing my mind :look: because it never looks that cute :lol: in any case I'm sure a lot of the curliness was some stretch from being heat trained/damaged - my hair is pretty tightly coiled
My hair always did that, especially before putting in a protective style. I had to give Sybil (my hair) the side eye lmao

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
My hair is still soft. I still can't get over it lol. When I used to blow dry it, (when I was previously relaxed then natural) my hair was always hard. Natural hair particularly did not care for blow drying or anything that wasn't exposing scalp like puffs and stuff. So it was hard and crunchy and didn't particularly care for combing as well. It's like I have a whole new head of hair. Who are you?!?o_O

I know one thing that's still the same: my head still gets itchy if it's damp and in a ponytail. No ma'am it's gotta be 90 % dry lol

Blessed&higlyflavoured

I have an vitamin D deficiency. Which explains alot these past few months. I've been in a low mood.
Apparently its very common in black women.
Ladies please get some sunshine or take supplements. My doctor prescribed me some supplementation. Either one big dose every two weeks or daily.
I opted for daily and literally about 20 minutes after I took the pill I felt immediately better within myself. I wonder if vitamin D has any effect on my hair

JerriBlank

My local Ulta has an extra half off most clearance items on a certain shelf. I got about 6 full sized Mizani products, some L'anza, and some other skincare stuff for $45 total. The $3.50 coupon applied too. Probably about 9 or 10 products for $45. They had those DevaCurl microfiber gloves, and a lot of DevaCurl stuff in there too.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
How are you currently wearing your hair under the wigs and what about it isn't working for you?
I was wearing medium sized braids. After 2 weeks I had to take them down to detangle. Wash day took way too long. So now I'm trying larger two strand twists. My current wig is curly so I don't necessarily have to have flat hair underneath. I'm used to detangling in 15 minutes or less, this time it took over an hour. So now I wil rotate between two strand twists and flat twists when I need something flatter.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
My scalp is dry as hayle. I don't think I can go more than two days without adding something to my scalp other than x21. The back is especially itchy. It sort of reminds me of my natural hair.

CodeRed

Buying something for my face, which can technically also be used on my hair, doesn't exactly count as violating my no-buy for hair products. Right? :look:

I swear I'm not trying to make myself feel better but if I buy something that I also use to cook with/on other parts of my body/for other members of my household I don't count that as a hair purchase. I used to think I was only using that as an excuse but it would have to be bought anyway since I'm using it for other stuff... :look: