Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Pmpomatic

Found a stylist that can roller set for the gods! All kinds of roller sets too. I want some curly hair. Am I wrong for wanting her to roller set me every two weeks and still let my main stylist do all the maintenance, trims and blowouts once a month or every 6 weeks.

@curlyTisME I see nothing wrong with it. Where is this stylist located?

GGsKin

So this rainy day went a ruined my twist out bang after 10mins of being outside with a large umbrella. Poofed into an unstyled fro. Good thing I walk with hairpins, and good thing I'm about this wash and go life (oh so glad I found you) because I couldn't be dealing with this on the regular. I haven't had to dodge rain in a while...yeah not feeling that, or my wasted efforts.

Royalq

So I trimmed my ends last night. I had way too many split ends and ssks. Moisturized with avj, Eden body works coconut pudding, seal with alikay naturals Shea yogurt. My hair usually doesn't like she's butter but my hair feels soft and fluffy today with decent definition. I only left the twists in over night so had I have left them in longer it may have had more definition. We'll see if this twist out lasts. I will TRY to put moisturizer and the Shea yogurt on my ends daily.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
IRL, I only discuss hair with those who hring up the topic, usually other naturals. Why do I get the comments, talking about, "You know, I should go natural, but..." or "I keeping wanting to go natural..." Some of these women were around when I gave up the thio and no-lye 20 years ago.

Mentally, I am perplexed because I rarely mention hair. "What? Did my hair tell on you or something?" I say nothing, none of my business.

Still plucking greys; they pop out easily with my fingers, yet another reason I hate them. My dark hairs need lots of force to come out and it is painful.

Hair, stay dark.
Hair, stay dark.
Hair, stay dark.

curlyTisME

I plan to wash, condition and deep condition this evening. I will do a twist out and sit under the dryer while I braid baby girls hair. I will miss my straight hair, but going curly for a few months will be cool. I want to give my hair some much needed TLC that curly hair needs.

I just don't need to become a product junkie again.

Last edited:

fifi134

So after being natural for 8-ish years and growing my hear to MBL, I relaxed it last April :look:. I only touched up three times since before getting bored. I cut it down to a near SL bob and colored it...still bored.

Last Friday I BC'd again :look:. I have braids in because my hair is the shortest I've ever had it so idk how to style it. But I'm excited to grow my hair back! I think the second time around will be better.