Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

spacetygrss

I am sooo glad that I have my TWA right now. I've been sick as you-know-what for the past week (a couple of those days involved being stuck in bed on oxygen--yeah, I said sick). Hair has been the least of my worries, but I unwrapped my hair today, sprayed it with some braid spray and my little coils just popped up all happy. Sometimes the simplest little things can bring a smile to your face.

Evolving78

I am sooo glad that I have my TWA right now. I've been sick as you-know-what for the past week (a couple of those days involved being stuck in bed on oxygen--yeah, I said sick). Hair has been the least of my worries, but I unwrapped my hair today, sprayed it with some braid spray and my little coils just popped up all happy. Sometimes the simplest little things can bring a smile to your face.
Feel better love!

HaveSomeWine

Finally figured out what makes my hair dry crispy/hard- too much product! I have a bad habit of being heavy handed. When I deep condition, I use like 8 oz. of deep conditioner. I can be similarly heavy handed with my leave in conditioner and

Gosh, I'm such a ditz. You would think this would be obvious. I need to try just air drying with a serum or something and see if I can dump my leave in and gel. At the very least, I need to learn to massively cut down on how much conditioner and gel I use in my hair.

imaginary

I really want to find some jumbo perm rods here that are reasonably priced. I'm not even sure if my hair is long enough for them, but I want it.

Royalq

Has anyone ever used a DC as a moisturizer?:look: Yesterday my hair was soooo dry and tangly i got annoyed and put Sm honey manuka DC in it and sealed it with Alikay shea yogurt:lachen:. Tell me why that son of a gun actually worked? My hair today is quite soft and juicy.... i hope it doesnt flake though.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I didn't want to write this rant in the challenge that I am in b/c I didn't want to discourage anyone.

But what's the point of having long hair if you constantly PSing and only wear it out for one week once a yr. I think I am done with PS and I will just let the chips fall where they lay. If I want to wear my hair in a ponytail or mini twists then I will, but if I want to where my hair down for 3wks, then so be it. I don't really get the point of having knee length hair but you never really enjoy it.

I will still commit to caring for my hair by properly: finger detangling, low heat, DCing, clarifying, trims etc... but I am going back to enjoying my hair. I am contemplating on going back to relaxers; but I want to color my hair first. If I go back to relaxers; then I will be saying bye to the blonde. While relaxed my hair grew to MBL and I had fun with it for the most part. I do like my natural hair, but it's really a lot of work and my styles are too inconsistent. Sometimes my wng's or twistouts look great then there are days when I look homeless.

I want to rant more but this post is getting too long, lol.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Attachments

• rps20170303_100319.jpg
    rps20170303_100319.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 32
  • rps20170303_100242.jpg
    rps20170303_100242.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 31
  • rps20170303_100159.jpg
    rps20170303_100159.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 29
  • rps20170303_095336.jpg
    rps20170303_095336.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 27
  • rps20170303_095243.jpg
    rps20170303_095243.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 304
  • rps20170302_140102.jpg
    rps20170302_140102.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 29
  • rps20170302_140039.jpg
    rps20170302_140039.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 29
  • rps20170303_100628.jpg
    rps20170303_100628.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

Royalq

I went hair shopping today. I bought Mielle Organics Babassu DC, Camille Rose Curlaide, Manechoice growth oil to apply to my scalp. Im hoping this new products will improve my hair manageability. Im also going to start braiding the tips of my hair. I think twisting is screwing up my ends.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Mielle Organics: Finally tried the DC and love its effect, if not the strength of the scent. Slip is off the charts. :smile: Will invest in the gel and edge control.

BTMS: Does GREAT for my hair. I'm looking for a leave-in that has it HIGH up on the list.
  • I went to Sprouts today to see if they carried the Alba Botanica Leave-in Conditioner. The ingredients look amazing. BTMS is the second ingredient (I think: there seem to be 2 different formulations), and the reviews are great.
  • I keep forgetting about Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion. Not sure how high BTMS is in it, but people have been encouraging me to try it for awhile.
Etae; Hair Lessons?
While at the Sprouts, I saw a lady with what I thought was her own, healthy, long hair. It was extensions. She's natural, but flat irons all the time. Turns out she's a STYLIST. She's also a hair educator and does "side" classes to teach people hair stuff in addition to teaching at a beauty school.

She enthusiastically recommended the Etae line to me -- but she did so cautiously because it's new to her. She's only been using it for two months on her natural hair clients, but she says it has made their hair SUPER manageable. I dunno. :smile: I have heard bad things about Etae's affect effect on hair fall, though some folks have said they like a product or 2 of theirs.

Most important was that she said she can teach me how to cornrow and flat twist my hair. I'm thinking about taking her up on that. :yep:

Last edited:

GettingKinky

My hair is straight today so shiny and swingy. :) :) My stylist does a great job at flat ironing my hair, it looks like it's relaxed. I feel really sexy when I wear my hair like this and I get way more attention from random men. They guys at Home Depot were so helpful without me even asking, and usually I have to hunt someone down for help.

But why when I look in the mirror do I wish I had my hair back in my regular curly ponytail? I don't think straight hair suits my face. :-( :-(

LavenderMint

Mielle Organics: Finally tried the DC and love its effect, if not the strength of the scent. Slip is off the charts. :smile: Will invest in the gel and edge control.

BTMS: Does GREAT for my hair. I'm looking for a leave-in that has it HIGH up on the list.
  • I went to Sprouts today to see if they carried the Alba Botanica Leave-in Conditioner. The ingredients look amazing. BTMS is the second ingredient (I think: there seem to be 2 different formulations), and the reviews are great.
  • I keep forgetting about Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion. Not sure how high BTMS is in it, but people have been encouraging me to try it for awhile.
Etae; Hair Lessons?
While at the Sprouts, I saw a lady with what I thought was her own, healthy, long hair. It was extensions. She's natural, but flat irons all the time. Turns out she's a STYLIST. She's also a hair educator and does "side" classes to teach people hair stuff in addition to teaching at a beauty school.

She enthusiastically recommended the Etae line to me -- but she did so cautiously because it's new to her. She's only been using it for two months on her natural hair clients, but she says it has made their hair SUPER manageable. I dunno. :smile: I have heard bad things about Etae's affect effect on hair fall, though some folks have said they like a product or 2 of theirs.

Most important was that she said she can teach me how to cornrow and flat twist my hair. I'm thinking about taking her up on that. :yep:
My sister swears by Etae. She says it helped with manageability and she's recommended it to me several times.
It's to the point that I purchased the products so she could help me and if I don't like it, she can have them.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My sister swears by Etae. She says it helped with manageability and she's recommended it to me several times.
It's to the point that I purchased the products so she could help me and if I don't like it, she can have them.

Really, Mea? Thanks for sharing.

So, is your sister's hair natural? Does your sister believe the whole system should be used or is she recommending a specific product or two? TIA! :kiss:

ETA: How long did she use it before she noticed an improvement in manageability?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
A friend recommended E'Tae and I live this stuff. I particularly love that carmel treatment. I won't repurchase the shampoo or conditioner but I will repurchase the carmel treatment.

faithVA

God speed. The last time I "slept" in CF I woke up the next day looking exhausted with fly hair. Not again. Those jokers go in during the AM and then I sit under the dryer. And they come out before bed.
I agree. I'm up now with curlformers in. I will stay under this dryer until they are dry. I won't even attempt to sleep in them. I did that once and never again.