Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Why does everything I seem to buy from Target with the intent to return if it doesn't work in my hair end up working. :confused: Curl keeper actually works on type 4 hair I was sure it was only for those with looser textures. I'm going to have fun experimenting with this one. :happydance:

Curl Keeper worked for me too. Biggest disappointment ever because I was sure it was a bust.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Let me know how you like the CR Treatment.

Will do, lady! :smile:

I need to use it a few times before I can form an accurate opinion, but in the meanwhile ;) . . .

I used it this morning on an old twist-out. I'm at my parents-in-law's house, so I didn't want to do my full wash routine and use up all the warm water in the house. I thus applied it to my hair dry and began the detangling process with it. Then I put on a shower cap and let the shower steam work it in, and then I flashed my hair under the water and continued detangling with it.

Because the faucets are a little tricky, I didn't want to mess with them, so I ended up rinsing out the CR treatment with water that was way warmer than it is recommended to rinse out a DC. Even with that, the treatment left my hair soft and MOISTURIZED. Way more moisturized than any DC I've used. It felt soft and moist!

I now need to use it as a true DC and not a cowash/fastDC-lite. And I need to rinse it out with cold water. Based on my initial experience with it, it's going to be a ohhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaahhhhhhh moment. I'll review it in the hits/miss thread for March or April and try to remember to tag you.

Hope you've been good! (Well? Good?) :smile:

SmilingElephant

I am so sick of almost everything being "coconut". I'm so over the coconut smells!

For instance...I love the Cantu Line...but why can't they make alternative fragrances instead of the whole line smelling like coconut? Why not also a fresh scent or another fruit scent, something! I'm over the coconut!

I think I will send some emails to different companies very soon! :lol:

SmilingElephant

I want to do my hair but my energy level is at a 2. Plus I have an 8-10 page paper to write. It's moisturized so I'll leave it alone until Friday. And I really need to learn to cornrow my hair. Life would be so easy if I could.

OMG 8-10 pages lawd! I feel your pain! :( What's your major? I'm over here freaking out over a measly 2 page literary analysis essay I have to turn in this week. :cry:

mz.rae

So I wet my hair this past weekend and applied conditioner and cut some of the relaxed ends off. I got nervous and stopped cutting because of how short my natural hair was, I'm 10 months post relaxer. Now I have short patches of hair mixed in, I kind of want to just finish cutting it and feel empowered but uh.... Yeah....

trueheartofgold

Will do, lady! :smile:

I need to use it a few times before I can form an accurate opinion, but in the meanwhile ;) . . .

I used it this morning on an old twist-out. I'm at my parents-in-law's house, so I didn't want to do my full wash routine and use up all the warm water in the house. I thus applied it to my hair dry and began the detangling process with it. Then I put on a shower cap and let the shower steam work it in, and then I flashed my hair under the water and continued detangling with it.

Because the faucets are a little tricky, I didn't want to mess with them, so I ended up rinsing out the CR treatment with water that was way warmer than it is recommended to rinse out a DC. Even with that, the treatment left my hair soft and MOISTURIZED. Way more moisturized than any DC I've used. It felt soft and moist!

I now need to use it as a true DC and not a cowash/fastDC-lite. And I need to rinse it out with cold water. Based on my initial experience with it, it's going to be a ohhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaahhhhhhh moment. I'll review it in the hits/miss thread for March or April and try to remember to tag you.

Hope you've been good! (Well? Good?) :smile:

Thanks for the mini review! I'm hyped about the bold portion! How is the slip? So I'm guessing you liked its performance better than TGIN's Mask?

And I'm good...:bouncy:

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thanks for the mini review! I'm hyped about the bold portion! How is the slip? So I'm guessing you liked its performance better than TGIN's Mask?

I'm 99% sure that I like the CRN treatment better than the TGIN mask, but I've only used each once, and I only used the TGIN on two twists at the front of my head because I had a tiny sample.

My hair feels REALLY good and elastic and hydrated and moisturized right now.

trueheartofgold

I'm 99% sure that I like the CRN treatment better than the TGIN mask, but I've only used each once, and I only used the TGIN on two twists at the front of my head because I had a tiny sample.

My hair feels REALLY good and elastic and hydrated and moisturized right now.

I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for your full review...

YvetteWithJoy

On break

I didn't see your question about the slip:

I don't know if all the jars of the CRN Coconut Water treatment are like this, but the product in my jar is like a soft yet solid butter--not creamy but harder than cream. I felt like the slip was pretty good once I added a little water, but it is not the slipperiest thing I've ever put on my head. Soultanicals Hair Glide is more slippery. The Mielle DC is more slippery.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Are you good at writing and/or do you have a good method?
Luckily I'm a great writer because I procrastinate lol. That's my only method...wait until the last minute when I have no choice. I did the 6 page paper in about 2 hours. I haven't even looked to see what this paper is about but I'm hoping to have most of it done in the next 3hours then I'll finish the rest in class tomorrow.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Luckily I'm a great writer because I procrastinate lol. That's my only method...wait until the last minute when I have no choice. I did the 6 page paper in about 2 hours. I haven't even looked to see what this paper is about but I'm hoping to have most of it done in the next 3hours then I'll finish the rest in class tomorrow.

If I were a great writer, I guess procrastinating would work to my benefit. :lol:

@SmilingElephant, I struggle with writing, but I finally encountered writing advice that helps me produce. I personalized it to look like what's below. It's based on Rowena Murray's book "Writing for Academic Journals." I combine it with advice from Gopen's "Sense of Structure: Writing from the Reader's Perspective" and Booth and colleague's "The Craft of Research."
  1. Overall subject of the paper
    1. Topic #1 to discuss about the subject
      1. Paragraph: Point #1 (about topic #1) to make or prove
        1. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #1
        2. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #1 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        3. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #1 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        4. more if need be . . . break up into a second paragraph
      2. Paragraph: Point #2 (about topic #1) to make or prove
        1. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #2
        2. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #2 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        3. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #2 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        4. more if need be
    2. Topic #2 to discuss about the subject
      1. Paragraph: Point #1 (about topic #2) to make or prove
        2. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #1 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        3. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #1 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        4. more if need be
And so on. I add transition statements to the start and end of paragraphs and sections (which I view as a related group of paragraphs that are on the same topic). I've fond that sometimes a subject is detailed enough to need subtopics in addition to topics. But as long as I plot out the scheme above, I can freely write a "crappy" first draft without judging/censoring myself and then work from it to create something better.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
So I wet my hair this past weekend and applied conditioner and cut some of the relaxed ends off. I got nervous and stopped cutting because of how short my natural hair was, I'm 10 months post relaxer. Now I have short patches of hair mixed in, I kind of want to just finish cutting it and feel empowered but uh.... Yeah....
This is exactly how my BC started...just sayin'

SmilingElephant

If I were a great writer, I guess procrastinating would work to my benefit. :lol:

@SmilingElephant, I struggle with writing, but I finally encountered writing advice that helps me produce. I personalized it to look like what's below. It's based on Rowena Murray's book "Writing for Academic Journals." I combine it with advice from Gopen's "Sense of Structure: Writing from the Reader's Perspective" and Booth and colleague's "The Craft of Research."
  1. Overall subject of the paper
    1. Topic #1 to discuss about the subject
      1. Paragraph: Point #1 (about topic #1) to make or prove
        4. more if need be . . . break up into a second paragraph
      2. Paragraph: Point #2 (about topic #1) to make or prove
        1. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #2
        2. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #2 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        3. Detail/evidence/example helping to make/prove point #2 (can be a counter arg followed by a rebuttal)
        4. more if need be
    2. Topic #2 to discuss about the subject
      1. Paragraph: Point #1 (about topic #2) to make or prove
        4. more if need be
And so on. I add transition statements to the start and end of paragraphs and sections (which I view as a related group of paragraphs that are on the same topic). I've fond that sometimes a subject is detailed enough to need subtopics in addition to topics. But as long as I plot out the scheme above, I can freely write a "crappy" first draft without judging/censoring myself and then work from it to create something better.

Thanks :) I usually don't struggle with writing papers, I love to write. I'm in my sophomore year and I'm taking more literary classes and I'm just learning that there is a huge difference between a regular essay and a literary analysis essay. Girl, I had been emailing my teacher with a passion bc I was lost on what he wanted:lachen: ...and it was the same thing you provided! It's completely different from any other papers I've ever had to write!

And not just that...I just don't even wanna be BOTHERED with writing it! I'm in this slump that I can't afford to be in lol!

SmilingElephant

Same here!!! I always wait til the last minute to start my papers bc they always come out better than if I start on it a week prior.

I'm an English major. Go figure.

But I can do a 3 page paper in about 30 mins to an hour. I'm just so sluggish lately and overwhelmed bc I'm also moving far far away from where I am now and starting a new job.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Same here!!! I always wait til the last minute to start my papers bc they always come out better than if I start on it a week prior.

I'm an English major. Go figure.

But I can do a 3 page paper in about 30 mins to an hour. I'm just so sluggish lately and overwhelmed bc I'm also moving far far away from where I am now and starting a new job.
I have 2 pages done. I have class tomorrow plus a 12hr hospital shift after class...I'll finish in class tomorrow. I'm just not motivated to do it right now.