Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I really, really, really want to return to Hattache' and purchase 2 items I've yet to try, since there would be no shipping fee

Hatian Black Castor Oil (unscented smelled best to me)
Shescentit cleansing conditioner

I can pretty easily resist the Bekura Mouse Tonga cream, Bekura Vanilla Whiskey soak, Anita Grant products, Hydratherma Naturals products, and more.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Ok you are giving me motivation. I have to take a proctored exam and I guess that's why I'm procrastinating. I maybe nervous, or feel like I need to study more.
Study and go when you're ready. I have to take my NCLEX this year and I'm terrified. But I won't take it until I'm absolutely ready. I've been lazy and haven't been studying like I should but I'm going to get my life together. Can't accomplish my goals if I'm not moving in the right direction.

Pmpomatic

Anyone from Nashville, TN or know the area? I want to get some hot chicken (hair nutrition :look:) to help increase circulation during my week of inverting.

Operation Hot chicken was a success last month.

This time around, my hair and I enjoyed the added protein found in lobster rolls (2x :look:).

Despite the NE being cold and windy, my hair looked great for my presentation. Next up... the Midwest.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm tripping right now: Styling and stretching my natural hair have been a struggle for me for years, and @Prettymetty 's April Style Challenge has led me to discover what could be a VERY SIMPLE solution to both of those issues, if it pans out:

Annie's Crimper Curlers
I ordered 4 6-packs from Ebay. I feel mixed emotions, and I don't even know how well these things are going to pan out! They could be a complete fail. HOWEVER, if it turns out that all along overcoming much of my hair struggles was a simple matter of using these little crimper curlers . . .

:eek: :ohwell: :nono:

:spinning:

:headspin:

:dighole:

upload_2017-3-23_15-38-46.png

Last edited:

JerriBlank

I'm giving up my bonnets and scarves. Silk pillowcases from now on. I feel like the bonnets are affecting my nape. So bye bye.

Omg, I've literally come to the same conclusion. I am having soooooo many instances of affirmations that it's scaring me. This is big for me. Head ties stay in my arsenal.
I've decided to not use a head scarf at night unless I have my hair styled.
I feel like it helps to eradicate my edges and nape, especially when they're weakened by stress and elements.

JerriBlank

I've been sealing my hair with glycerin based serum. Namely, It's a 10 Silk Silk smoothing balm. I added ACV after reading about a product that @YvetteWithJoy posted about. The name escapes me. This smooths and leaves my hair soooo moisturized!
I haven't been able to go a few days without moisturizing in idk how long.
Using this consistently has been a huge part of my regimen.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Omg, I've literally come to the same conclusion. I am having soooooo many instances of affirmations that it's scaring me. This is big for me. Head ties stay in my arsenal.
I've decided to not use a head scarf at night unless I have my hair styled.
I feel like it helps to eradicate my edges and nape, especially when they're weakened by stress and elements.
I noticed I don't have these nape issues when I didn't sleep wth a bonnet nightly. So by bye bonnets. Hopefully I like the pillowcase I ordered. I'm going to trial a few before I stock up. I don't think I'll ever wear a bonnet again.