Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I used it again this morning and it is :love: fabulous... goof proof.... for a wash n go...

@vevster, a stylist had used that Design Essentials natural line foam/mousse to give me a great twist out. I hadn't thought of trying it for a wash and go.

I used it last night, and I liked it. After the wash and go, I banded and that messed it up a little bit, but before that, the unbanded wash and go was nice.

Application of the DE mousse/foam was great! Easily penetrated my sections to coat all strands.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
So i had a surprisingly nice wash day yesterday. After my horrid salon experience i was reluctant to do my hair. I wanted it to be as quick as possible. So i knew that i had to do a good protein treatment but i didnt want all those steps. So i did something ive never done before which was DCing on dry hair and mixing protein and moisturizing products. I mixed a bit of aphogee 2 step, a lot of aphogee 2 minute, and alot of SM honey mauka DC. Equal part 2 minute and manuka. Then i applied the mux to my hair in small sections. I niticed some skip (most likely from the 2 minute) and tried to detangle with a wide tooth comb and it worked. I detangled on wednesday so thats probably another reason why i detangled so easily. I made sure to apply to my scalp too. When i got half way through my hair the mix started to run low but i was out of 2 step, had a smidgen of 2 minute left, and alot of manuka. So i added whatever was left of the two minute and more manuka. That half with the new mix was much harder to detangle. Overall it took about an hour which is amazing for me. Then i left the mix in for about an hour. Grabbed my ors creamy aloe shampoo and hopped in the shower. I then unraveled one big twist at a time and rinsed out the DC mix and pulled out any more shed hairs. Thats the issue i have with wide tooth combs. They dislodge shed hairs for me but wont take them all out. Then i applied a small amount of shampoo to my palm, lathered up then applied it to the small sections and clean my hair and scalp. I washed it for about 10 seconds before rinsing it out. Then i was done. Took about 15 minutes in the shower. My hir was so soft and clean. I think this is a keeper because it significantly reduced my wash time and i was left with very similar results to when i do it the regular way. Then i applied soultanicals knot sauce, Tgin butter cream ( im testing this, so far i hate the texture and feel), and castor oil and braided my hair in big sections. Whole wash day took about 3 hours all together. Thats huge progress from 5 hour detangking sections, long shower sessions, etc. so pros and cons of dry dcing
Pros-
Shortens the wash day
Can detangle, protein treat, and dc simultaneously
Results are similar to a regular wash day
Only have to wet my hair one time instead of 3 times so that saves water.

Cons-
Uses alot more product. I went through half the jar of manuka dc.
5 hours? That's longer than it takes me to wash, blow dry & flat iron my hair.

vevster

@vevster, a stylist had used that Design Essentials natural line foam/mousse to give me a great twist out. I hadn't thought of trying it for a wash and go.

I used it last night, and I liked it. After the wash and go, I banded and that messed it up a little bit, but before that, the unbanded wash and go was nice.

Application of the DE mousse/foam was great! Easily penetrated my sections to coat all strands.

YAY!!!!! I'm glad you like it. Love that stuff.

Royalq

5 hours? That's longer than it takes me to wash, blow dry & flat iron my hair.
Chile. Sometimes it takes so long I do 5 hours on day one and 5 one day 2. But there's a YouTube 4c lady's video that I just watched that made me change my perspective on what is "detangled" type 4 hair. It made me realize that maybe I was over detangling and working against my texture's natural ways.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Chile. Sometimes it takes so long I do 5 hours on day one and 5 one day 2. But there's a YouTube 4c lady's video that I just watched that made me change my perspective on what is "detangled" type 4 hair. It made me realize that maybe I was over detangling and working against my texture's natural ways.
Please try her method because 5 hours is way too long just to detangle. I want to cry for you.

Bad&Bougee

As much as I love my texlaxed hair. My hair only grow so long, before SSKs and all the other hair problems. My ends are thin. UGH!!!!

Maybe I go get my hair straightened and see how I feel afterwards.

I was at this exact point last weekend. I started eyeing my 5 lb. tub of Nairobi and was dead set on doing a corrective on my entire head the very next morning but God is so good. And made my crazy behind sleepy so I feel asleep instead of doing my pre-relax preparation. Without my pre-relax preparation, I DO NOT relax my hair. He woke me up and put it in my mind to get a really good deep conditioner and calm down. I went to the BSS store and bought (don't laugh :grin:) Queen Helene Cholesterol conditioner with argan oil. I got home, mixed it with more argan oil, carrot seed oil, tamanu oil and avocado oil and did a 6 hour pre-poo. Washed and deep conditioned over night with same mixture of QH and oils. What a difference!!!

There was nothing wrong with my hair except ME. My hair had become a desert and all it need was some TLC and moisture to bring it back to health. Curls? Banging. Frizz? Gone. Bounce and shine? Bouncing and shining.

I truly love my texlaxed hair. Pain in the rear to maintain :cry2: but I love the health and versatility of my hair. I just have to commit to a daily moisture routine just as I did when I was natural if I want to combat the texlaxed blues.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
This youtuber uploaded a video on her curly hair routine. In the description she says she's starting a new series "teaching you how to be wifey material, clearer skin, healthy bodies, deeper spiritual meanings just be the most amazing you and of course how to get those locs on point."

I'm scratching my head because this child is all of 16. How is she going to teach anyone how to be "wifey material" and find deeper spiritual meaning? :rolleyes:

*unsubscribes* I just can't with these children on youtube.

vevster

Another great visit to Devachan...

I had more of an idea what I wanted in a cut and my stylist did just that.

My colorist gave me some bright pieces in the front for summer.

The girl that washed me didn't really know how to style but I took over.

My stylist, April, told me of the following things:

1. She loves these croc clips: http://www.thewetbrush.com/index.php/accessories/the-wet-clip.html She says they don't snag the hair.
2. She says the wet brush damages hair. So I'm gonna give mine away (not that I use it anyway, I don't).

The last time she told me about that mister bottle which I promptly bought.

Devachan is coming out w/ 2 new deep conditioners...... still being tested.

Last edited:

Anaisin

This youtuber uploaded a video on her curly hair routine. In the description she says she's starting a new series "teaching you how to be wifey material, clearer skin, healthy bodies, deeper spiritual meanings just be the most amazing you and of course how to get those locs on point."

I'm scratching my head because this child is all of 16. How is she going to teach anyone how to be "wifey material" and find deeper spiritual meaning? :rolleyes:

Lmao!

YvetteWithJoy

On break

I can just imagine your face at reading that! :confused: A few tears are sliding out of my eye. THIS IS FUNNY!!!

THANKS! I needed this keekee laugh. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :lachen:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Another great visit at Devachan...

I had more of an idea what I wanted in a cut and my stylist did just that.

My colorist gave me some bright pieces in the front for summer.

The girl that washed me didn't really know how to style but I took over.

My stylist, April told me of the following things:

1. She loves these croc clips: http://www.thewetbrush.com/index.php/accessories/the-wet-clip.html She says they don't snag the hair.
2. She says the wet brush damages hair. So I'm gonna give mine away (not that I use it anyway, I don't).

The last time she told me about that mister bottle which I promptly bought.

Devachan is coming out w/ 2 new deep conditioners...... still being tested.

Oh no, regarding the Wet Brush. Thanks for sharing. Did she say what kind of damage?

I suppose I could survive with my Ouidad double detangler comb if I stopped using the Wet Brush.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Giovanni Direct Leave-In has been HG status for me for many years, it is the moisture in my moisture & seal . I started using it when I was relaxed and still love it as a natural.
I use it as a leave-in and a dc- I usually mix with my regular conditioner for dc'ing and sometimes I'll add an oil(evco).
Giovanni Direct and EcoStyler gel are probably the only things I've consistently used for 10+ years and one of the few items I still horde... I mean buy backups of.:look:
These days I never pay full price, WF has Giovanni products on sale on a regular basis and then I use the coupons from other Giovanni products. Currently it's on sale for $5.99 @ WF and then I used my $2.00 off coupon- bought 4 bottles.

Last edited:

Evolving78

That is very upsetting... I'm troubled by that.

vevster

Oh no, regarding the Wet Brush. Thanks for sharing. Did she say what kind of damage?

I suppose I could survive with my Ouidad double detangler comb if I stopped using the Wet Brush.

She said any time you pass something through the hair and you hear that brush sound it's tearing the hair. She said the F. Leatherwood brush is better when I showed it to her. She said use a flicking motion when encountering snags instead of pulling.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I feel like I discovered a new amazing product in L'Oreal Elnett hairspray even though it's been around for ages lol.
If you ever have problems blending shorter hair, just spray a bit of hairspray and brush through the leaveout and weave. My sew-in is laiiiiiiid now and I no longer have that problem of the hair and my own not "meshing" well.
I also spritz a bit on my laid down baby hairs and they stay all day.