Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
After all of the graduation festivities are over, I will be spending the rest of the year in faux locs. My first set will be installed May 7th. I'll probably redo them every 4-6 weeks. I'm trying to retain as much length as possible this year.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I have in two plaits and I think I'll alternate between cornrows and flat twists. My faux blowout plans have been twarted by this awful cloudy overcast BS that's happening in NYC at the moment. When the sun returns I will begin to do more wash n gos, I have to figure out a method that doesn't result in a billion SSK's for me.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Any reviews on Camille Rose Naturals Ajani Growth & Shine Balm? I'm thinking of trying it, but not sure if it'll be too heavy for my relaxed 4a hair.

Here are the ingredients: Cocoa wafers, rice bran oil, virgin palm kernel, babassu oil, murumuru butter, candulla, honey, castor jelly, biotin, castor oil, silky btms, ceteryl blend, natural scent and LOVE!

Directions for use: Scoop a dollop of this rich balm into hands and warm together, applying to the ends of hair to seal in moisture. For accelerated hair growth benefits, massage in circular motions onto the scalp for 10-15 seconds.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@luving me
I used it relaxed (now natural) and it emulsifies down very nice. It's slightly heavy so a very little goes a long way.

But due to the emulsification, you can control the usage.

In fact, being relaxed, that jar 4oz should last you a long time.

Smells like Chocolate/Cocoa Butter.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
@luving me
I used it relaxed (now natural) and it emulsifies down very nice. It's slightly heavy so a very little goes a long way.

But due to the emulsification, you can control the usage.

In fact, being relaxed, that jar 4oz should last you a long time.

Smells like Chocolate/Cocoa Butter.

Thanks for the review, I wondered how long that 4oz jar would last me.

Bad&Bougee

I had a consultation at a hair salon I've been wanting to try. The stylist sat me down (she knows her stuff and is VERY professional), looked over my hair and asked me several questions about ME and my hair. First let me say, girlfriend was on point. The things she asked would seem like random questions but they were all "hair" related. For example - she asked me how often I worked out, if I sweat a lot, how I wore my hair when at the gym, what was my hair routine on gym days, my wash routine, what are my favorite and least favorite products and why, she asked about my diet (cakes, pies, M&Ms and steak), etc. All this info gave her insight to the health of my hair and how she can help me care for and style my hair. I was so in love with her!

Anyhoo, we then talked about my hair being texlaxed. Guess what she said? :cry3:Basically, I am old, my hair is old and ornery and having been natural for 5 years makes it next to impossible to get it as straight as it was before I went natural without causing major damage. Of course she said all this in the most professional, polite way possible but I do not feel like typing all that. After I got over myself, I realized that she just might be right; after all, she did go to cosmetology school.

I got my first relaxer when I was 13. My hair was still in it's infancy. It had no idea what kind of hair it wanted to be. Now that Sistah Girl (my hair) is grown, she is set in her ways - KINKY and COILY - and she does not want to do anything else. Now it makes since why my old hairdresser always commented about my hair being really coarse and using up all her relaxer. Of course I want it to be bone straight but, obviously, that is no longer something I should waste my wishes on. My hair isn't under processed, it is what it is and unless I want to be bald, I have to live with texlaxed hair. It might get a tiny bit straighter but never 13 year old straight. I'm sad.

I really, really do enjoy having telexed hair but bone straight hair is ideal for me. Who knew that hair is just as complex as we are. It goes through it's own thing too. Hair gets old. Hair definitely gets grumpy - as we can see by the fact that there are forums about hair. And it does what it wants to do when it gets ready. Yeah, we can train our hair to do this and that but if Sistah Girl doesn't feel like it on that particular day then you will be wearing a wig to work! We just had a fight Monday! I did my normal wash routine and knew my hair would be gorgeous come Monday morning. Ladies! I took off that scarf and it looked like I let Don King do my hair! I spent an extra hour trying to make it look decent enough for Corporate America but my hair was not having it! It even looked bad in a ponytail. I had to slap a wig on.

Long story short, my hair is old and crazy and I have to live with it. I'm going to eat some cake and ice cream followed by peanut M&Ms and call it a day.

Anaisin

Any reviews on Camille Rose Naturals Ajani Growth & Shine Balm? I'm thinking of trying it, but not sure if it'll be too heavy for my relaxed 4a hair.

Here are the ingredients: Cocoa wafers, rice bran oil, virgin palm kernel, babassu oil, murumuru butter, candulla, honey, castor jelly, biotin, castor oil, silky btms, ceteryl blend, natural scent and LOVE!

Directions for use: Scoop a dollop of this rich balm into hands and warm together, applying to the ends of hair to seal in moisture. For accelerated hair growth benefits, massage in circular motions onto the scalp for 10-15 seconds.

It's not a heavy product. I have natural hair and low porosity and get build up easily. You don't really feel it on your hair imo you feel the softness and see the shine but my hands aren't greasy or oily after touching my hair

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I avoided reading "If You Love It, It Will Grow" by Phoenyx Austin because I thought the title was corny, but as I type this I am on Chapter 4 having started sometime this morning. It's a really good read. Good info. Her website drpheonyx.com (free U.S. shipping) sells a protein powder specially formulated for healthy hair, skin and nails (both a whey and vegan version)...yeah, I ordered one and it has already shipped!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My pocketbook is so glad LHCF has complained so much about Soultanicals (wish them the best, though!): My stash does not permit any such purchase, and I am certain I would order their spring bundle ANYWAY if not for the consistency and shipping -related complaints.

http://www.soultanicals.com/coilements-spring-natural-hair-bundle/

Black-owned. Ayurvedic. Ah-mazing scents!!! This SHOULD be my go-to line.

Ashkins Curls (YT) just did a HUGE haul that included lots of Soultanicals. I just can't let myself do it. That bundle looks awesome, though.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
@IDareT'sHair have you tried Camille Rose Naturals Nibs & Honey Ultimate Growth Serum? I wonder if I can use both this and the balm since they both contain biotin. Or maybe just the oil since it has msm.

The serum ingedients are;

Virgin Amla Oil, Virgin Sesame Seed Oil, Virgin Coconut Oil, Golden Jojoba Oils, Virgin Olive Oil, Pressed Macadamia Oils, Shebu Ws, Aromatic Organic Cocoa Beans, Organic Honey, Biotin, MSM, Remblica Officinalis, Bringaraj Herbs, Brahmi, BTMS, Tea Tree Oil, Naturally Scented, and Love!

Thanks

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@luving me
No but I want it!:cry3:

I should have picked it up during NC's last Sale. *completely forgot about it* until........

Someone posted they bought it in "What Did You Buy This Week" and it reminded me that I meant to get that.:angry2:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
@luving me
No but I want it!:cry3:

I should have picked it up during NC's last Sale. *completely forgot about it* until........

Someone posted they bought it in "What Did You Buy This Week" and it reminded me that I meant to get that.:angry2:

I'm hoping to find it this weekend. My plan is to use the balm on the length of my hair as a sealer and the oil on my scalp.

NaturalShe94

Is it bad that I STRUGGLE mentally to keep my hair bunned throughout the week???
Everything in me wants to wash n' go! Or do a twist out, braid out, flexi rods, or try some new style! && it's WORSE because I have two shelves FULL of styling products, some of them I haven't even opened yet!
And on wash day at the end of the week, I actually congratulate myself for maintaining my will power and keeping those ends tucked in a plaited bun the entire week!
I have to think about the long run of long, luscious, healthy hair to keep myself from unraveling my bun. Tonight is co-wash night and GEE WHIZ I cannot WAIT to take the bun down and run my fingers through my hair lol!
Do I sound crazy yet?
:look::look::look::look:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Is it bad that I STRUGGLE mentally to keep my hair bunned throughout the week???
Everything in me wants to wash n' go! Or do a twist out, braid out, flexi rods, or try some new style! && it's WORSE because I have two shelves FULL of styling products, some of them I haven't even opened yet!
And on wash day at the end of the week, I actually congratulate myself for maintaining my will power and keeping those ends tucked in a plaited bun the entire week!
I have to think about the long run of long, luscious, healthy hair to keep myself from unraveling my bun. Tonight is co-wash night and GEE WHIZ I cannot WAIT to take the bun down and run my fingers through my hair lol!
Do I sound crazy yet?
:look::look::look::look:

Right there with you.