Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Napp

Ms. Nobody
With all of the discussion of Shea moisture I decided I would like to use more black owned natural and homemade products. I am also thinking about giving up the bkt too or maybe using it only once or twice a year. It depends on if I am ready to deal with my natural texture again.

I would love some suggestions if anyone can help direct me.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Amazing ingredients! I wish they had a trial size because the 8 & 16 ounces are pricey! Are you going to try it?

I feel the same!

I have too many products right now. I can't until I use some of these DCs up.

Because of the cost, I'm only willing to purchase the more economical bundle. I don't know when my stash will reduce, though. I don't run through anything but that SM Hipo mask and the CRN gel.

Bad&Bougee

I feel the same!

I have too many products right now. I can't until I use some of these DCs up.

Because of the cost, I'm only willing to purchase the more economical bundle. I don't know when my stash will reduce, though. I don't run through anything but that SM Hipo mask and the CRN gel.
Is the SM Hipo mask really that good? I want to like SM products but my hair did not respond to anything I tried. The Hipo mask sounds like something my hair could benefit from. How do you use it to achieve the best results or do you just follow the directions?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Is the SM Hipo mask really that good? I want to like SM products but my hair did not respond to anything I tried. The Hipo mask sounds like something my hair could benefit from. How do you use it to achieve the best results or do you just follow the directions?

It's HG for me, but not for a lot of ladies here at LHCF.

I use it as a softening detangler or prepoo or cowash -- either one. I don't really use it as a DC because I don't get lasting moisture with most DCs, including this one. This morning I took down my ponytail puff and applied the SM hipo masque to dry hair. I flashed my hair under warm shower water. Within a few minutes, my hair felt like heaven. Since my hair was not very tangled, my fingers just slid through as I did light detangling.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wow.

This woman is scary knowledgeable about hair and ingredients.

This video is about the MHM, but you can ignore that and learn almost everything you want to know about a TON of ingredients that constantly show up in hair products. I feel I need to add this to the MHM thread and video collection thread once I'm off my tablet.

She is the creator of EarthTones Naturals, and she has an educational background surrounding hair, I believe I read somewhere.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

P.S. I echo you: I can't get any other SM product to work very well for me. At first the hipo gel seemed good, then I started getting residue and flaking and dryness with it. I've tried milks, other masques, leave-ins, a few poos. Nothing was great. The lowpo leave-in was pretty good. I heard the hibiscus line's gel was good, but my jar's contents were super hard and unpokeable even. Now I keep seeing jars in stores with gel that moves, and it smells great. Maybe one day I'll get too curious and try it again, anew. For now, I have 3 really good gels that will last me years.

niknakmac

I just cut my hair 2 months ago from about an inch or so past apl to shoulder length. I just randomly pulled a lock of hair....i'm back at apl. The first time it took me forever to get here. I remember at one point thinking my terminal length was APL then I strolled on by. Time to make some new goals. BSL here I come!

Bad&Bougee

It's HG for me, but not for a lot of ladies here at LHCF.

I use it as a softening detangler or prepoo or cowash -- either one. I don't really use it as a DC because I don't get lasting moisture with most DCs, including this one. This morning I took down my ponytail puff and applied the SM hipo masque to dry hair. I flashed my hair under warm shower water. Within a few minutes, my hair felt like heaven. Since my hair was not very tangled, my fingers just slid through as I did light detangling.
Thanks so much for the response. When I run out of the next 4 products (I have WAY too many products to purchase NTthing else), I will try this next as a pre-poo.

Royalq

Bought some Soultanicals Kink Drink hair sorrel today. I wanted some light moisture. Something for the L in my LCO. Any type 4s have any experience with this? I also recently got the Marula Maru cream and I tried a small amount, its seems to work well.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thanks so much for the response. When I run out of the next 4 products (I have WAY too many products to purchase NTthing else), I will try this next as a pre-poo.

:cry3:Me, too! I have too many products to permit ANY type of purchasing, and I really, really, really, really want to purchase the Natty Naturals bundle, some EarthTones Naturals products, and the Camille Rose Naturals growth serum.

Honey Bee

I just bought Outre Ariana and Valentina. My question for you ladies is, are we still bleaching knots? Cuz I'm not sure if I have the patience for all of that. :look:

angelmilk

I just bought Outre Ariana and Valentina. My question for you ladies is, are we still bleaching knots? Cuz I'm not sure if I have the patience for all of that. :look:
No need to bleach the knots on these because they're synthetic. Just pluck the part a little and then use concealer.

TaurusGirl2001

Currently contemplating life while under this hot arse dryer in this salon . Preparing for my blow out . I'm heading to the TI concert tonight

naturalagain2

Alright, finally back on this side of the board again! I've had my hair short in a tapered natural cut for about a year and a half and I'm ready to grow my hair back again. This time around though I will keep my hair straight (let my hairdresser do it) and weeks in between that wear a perm rod set. I think I'm gonna document it this time around in a blog. My regimen/products will be simple. I don't have time for all the extras this time around.