Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Yes pleaaaase do that! When I read about this bar, I immediatelly remembered your enticing review about the 22nd Century bar and I wondered how it would compare to that one. Can't wait to hear what you think. Btw can the 22nd C W shampoo bar be used on a daily basis or would it be too stripping for that?

And I have another question for your kind self: do you have any idea how the CRN penetrating DC would compare to Mielle's Babassu DC?

TIA!

Hi, lady! We're vibing! :yep:

I'm riding home from church and can't tap a full response with my phone right now, but I'll respond later. If a few days go by and I forget to reply, if it's alright with you, please ask me again.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Slightly aside I keep hearing about people who don't shampoo, don't co-wash just wash their hair with hot/warm water and apparently their hair is thriving; shiny, healthy etc. Maybe I'm being conned but I do like the feel of a cleanser on my scalp, water on it's own is not going to do it.
With water only washing there is still a level of grooming taking place and water only washers are not applying gels or other products that are trapping dirt and other particles to the hair and scalp.

NaturalShe94

The shedding has stopped, thank God. I guess my hair hates Mizani products because I went to the salon and had the stylist use Moroccan oil products and the shedding stopped, this is a pic of the line she used;

Oooo I have this line. I love it. It's pricey, but worth it. I've been using the Moroccan Oil line for some years, then I had stopped, and now I've started back again.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I went alllll the way to Target to get some Oyin j&b and they didn't have any or any other Oyin product. smh
I just grabbed a bottle of Curls lavish curls moisturizer bc my hair is super dry. Aaugh!!!
Um-hmm. Just one Oyin product, but there are multiple shelves of Shea Moisture products. Target pissed me off with that months back. Can't find my Oyin, can't find my KBB...just disrespectful.

LushLox

The shedding has stopped, thank God. I guess my hair hates Mizani products because I went to the salon and had the stylist use Moroccan oil products and the shedding stopped, this is a pic of the line she used;

Oooo I have this line. I love it. It's pricey, but worth it. I've been using the Moroccan Oil line for some years, then I had stopped, and now I've started back again.

Yeah it's a nice line, I've used most of their products. I'm really liking their Repair Shampoo; it's gorgeous, although I'm not sure if the £16/$20 they're asking for it is worth it :look: but there you are. It's the sort of line that if you use all of the products, shampoo, treatment, oil, styling products you get a really nice result.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@Coilystep, I saw this and thought of you. Have you tried the Beautiful Textures curl defining moisturizer paired with the gel?

I never would have thought to trial this one. It's not expensive, and she makes it sound like such a good, under-the-radar product worth trying. I'm not going to jump, because I ordered a new-to-me Soultanicals gelly:

Description on the website:
Soultanicals SPRUNG Coil Boosting Gelly provides great curl definition without the shrinkage. Works great for twist-outs, coils, wash-n-gos and edge smoothing.
  • Perfect for kinks that shrink
  • Crunch-free curl definition
  • Medium/Strong Hold
  • Frizz Control
  • Clumps & Elongates curls
  • Provides hang time
INSTRUCTIONS: Apply Sprung evenly in sections to very wet hair (to reduce frizz). Moisten with water or our Frizz Whiz Curl Defining Leave-In. Smooth into each section from roots to ends. Allow hair to air dry, do not touch hair while it is drying or it will start to frizz. When dried, gently scrunch out the crunch.

TIP- The thicker & tighter the coils, use more product. Loose, more wavier curls, use less. Use more product for very clumped curls and use less product if you want more volume.

COIL BOOSTING INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water Infusion of Nettle, Saw Palmetto & Horsetail, Pro Vitamin B5, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Carbomer, Ginseng, Phthalate-Free Fragrance, Gluconodeltalactone & Potassium Sorbate- all gelled up in love.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@Coilystep, I saw this and thought of you. Have you tried the Beautiful Textures curl defining moisturizer paired with the gel?

I never would have thought to trial this one. It's not expensive, and she makes it sound like such a good, under-the-radar product worth trying. I'm not going to jump, because I ordered a new-to-me Soultanicals gelly:

Description on the website:
Soultanicals SPRUNG Coil Boosting Gelly provides great curl definition without the shrinkage. Works great for twist-outs, coils, wash-n-gos and edge smoothing.
  • Perfect for kinks that shrink
  • Crunch-free curl definition
  • Medium/Strong Hold
  • Frizz Control
  • Clumps & Elongates curls
  • Provides hang time
INSTRUCTIONS: Apply Sprung evenly in sections to very wet hair (to reduce frizz). Moisten with water or our Frizz Whiz Curl Defining Leave-In. Smooth into each section from roots to ends. Allow hair to air dry, do not touch hair while it is drying or it will start to frizz. When dried, gently scrunch out the crunch.

TIP- The thicker & tighter the coils, use more product. Loose, more wavier curls, use less. Use more product for very clumped curls and use less product if you want more volume.

COIL BOOSTING INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water Infusion of Nettle, Saw Palmetto & Horsetail, Pro Vitamin B5, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Carbomer, Ginseng, Phthalate-Free Fragrance, Gluconodeltalactone & Potassium Sorbate- all gelled up in love.
Beautiful textures equals white flake city for me. I can't remember what I paired it with though.

I wouldn't mind trying the soultanticals. Although I would prefer to get it on the ground.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Ayyyyyy! I can wrap my loose, damp hair into a bun (the kind that twists into itself, not the fold over kind) with no hair tie and just one roller pin. I discovered this after a weekend of wearing a twistout ponytail that I had no time to wash. This is a huge milestone for me. Perhaps no more unsightly twist buns in my future now that I can do this reliably.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I think I might attempt to sew in a couple of tracks in the back of my head. That way, I can let it rest and still be able to wear my hair down. I definitely need to purchase some more Netwurks21.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My Dad! When I explained my DIY length check shirt mistake to him (I made it on a very stretchy exercise top), he measured out and put lines on ANOTHER shirt for me. He did the front AND the back. All I had to do was add the numbers. He's a perfectionist so naturally he was critical of his own work, but I love it. Dads are great. :smile:

(photos enlarge upon click)
WP_20170530_003.jpg WP_20170530_004.jpg

Evolving78

My Dad! When I explained my DIY length check shirt mistake to him (I made it on a very stretchy exercise top), he measured out and put lines on ANOTHER shirt for me. He did the front AND the back. All I had to do was add the numbers. He's a perfectionist so naturally he was critical of his own work, but I love it. Dads are great. :smile:

(photos enlarge upon click)
View attachment 400305 View attachment 400307
He did a fantastic job! Very neat! Do you ever just watch his hands when he works, or writes something? I study men's hands a lot. it tells me how much detail and care they put into their work.

sunnydaze

I straightened my hair about two weeks ago and was so disheartened; the bottom fourth of my hair was see through and weak looking. I just got a trim in February. I rarely use heat, always finger detangle and rarely manipulate my hair (other than twists and wash n gos). I never wear it down and out, thinking I'm taking care of it, when evidently, I'm not. I swear my hair was more resilient when it was relaxed, which seems ridiculous.

After thinking of what I could be doing wrong (and cutting off 2 inches), I'm doing a reset:

-No more wash n go hairstyles.
-No more leaving conditioner in my hair (I believe my hair is over moisturized from it).
-No more twists using perm rods on the ends (that wee bit of manipulation is too much for my fine strands).
-Weekly protein treatments.
-Start taking a quality hair vitamin.

Without twists and wngs, I have very few styling options for summer, so I may have to weave/crochet braid it up for the next three months.