Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I can't believe it, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to transition to one line only (aside from Colorful Neutral Protein Filler as my protein treatment and Cantu ACV Rinse as my scalp cleanser).

And I can't believe it (given all the out-of-stock and the too-many-special-edition-products-that-I-feel-need-to-be-year-round products issue), but it's Soultanicals. :yep:

I'm leaning towards the product collection below to cover my regimen. I might add the Curly Dew Earthy Poo to the list, but for now the shampoo bar, clay wash, and co-wash seem sufficient.

I think I can transition to this, and purchase no in-store products that aren't sealed, and pay shipping fees to just ONE company every so often. Yeah! :smile:

View attachment 403185

I feel ya on the desire to have 1 go-to line of products. I'm thinking I'll make CRN my 1 line of products. Planning to alternate between the coconut treatment and algae dc for my deep conditioning. Keeping the ginger rinse for cleansing and using the moroccan pear conditioner as my leave-in.

Alma Petra

@YvetteWithJoy , how do the soultanicals's products compare to your well-established holygrails so far?

And btw how is the moisturizing JRL shampoo bar working for you? Is your hair still liking it?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I can't believe it, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to transition to one line only (aside from Colorful Neutral Protein Filler as my protein treatment and Cantu ACV Rinse as my scalp cleanser).

And I can't believe it (given all the out-of-stock and the too-many-special-edition-products-that-I-feel-need-to-be-year-round products issue), but it's Soultanicals. :yep:

I'm leaning towards the product collection below to cover my regimen. I might add the Curly Dew Earthy Poo to the list, but for now the shampoo bar, clay wash, and co-wash seem sufficient.

I think I can transition to this, and purchase no in-store products that aren't sealed, and pay shipping fees to just ONE company every so often. Yeah! :smile:

View attachment 403185

This is really exciting! I hope it works out for you, the products look yummy

Alma Petra

Hi, lady. I only have my phone right now. I'll try to reply after lunch and once we're back home and I'm not tapping on my cell.

How is your hair care faring at the moment?

Hi, dear! Thank you for asking. My hair is pretty much still the same:

I enjoy wetting my hair as often as I can
:bath:

It's fun and relaxing to think about my hair whenever I need a break from life's more grim issues.
I bought new products that I want to trial and I'm very excited.
My hair is right now drying from a wash and go with a lot of gel cast that is scratching my face but I don't care lol

Evolving78

I've been meaning to upgrade my scarf, as I've had mine for about 10 years but it does the job so I don't see the need. Is it strange to be attached to a scarf lol
I feel that way about my comb! Lol
I think about a scarf I had 20 years ago. It was the best scarf ever! Lol

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, dear! Thank you for asking. My hair is pretty much still the same:

I enjoy wetting my hair as often as I can
:bath:

It's fun and relaxing to think about my hair whenever I need a break from life's more grim issues.
I bought new products that I want to trial and I'm very excited.
My hair is right now drying from a wash and go with a lot of gel cast that is scratching my face but I don't care lol

Cool! :smile:

Ooooo! What all did you buy?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy , how do the soultanicals's products compare to your well-established holygrails so far?

And btw how is the moisturizing JRL shampoo bar working for you? Is your hair still liking it?

Hi, @Alma Petra.

My hair is still loving the JRL moisturizing shampoo bar. :smile:

Here is how the Soultanicals products compare to my staples and holy grails. The products highlighted in green are the ones I have yet to purchase/try. Please excuse my typos: I was typing fast!

TowardPossiblyUsingSoultanicalsAsMyMainLine1.png
TowardPossiblyUsingSoultanicalsAsMyMainLine2.png

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Curly Proverbz keeps saying lauric acid is only found in coconut oil and breastmilk. That is incorrect. It was first identified in laurel oil (hence the name) and found in palm kernel oil, babassu oil plus a few others. Now, if she said coconut oil has a large percentage of lauric acid (48%), she would be correct (palm kernel oil has a touch more).

Do I bother to correct her? I want people to know there are other options besides coconut oil.

GGsKin

Curly Proverbz keeps saying lauric acid is only found in coconut oil and breastmilk. That is incorrect. It was first identified in laurel oil (hence the name) and found in palm kernel oil, babassu oil plus a few others. Now, if she said coconut oil has a large percentage of lauric acid (48%), she would be correct (palm kernel oil has a touch more).

Do I bother to correct her? I want people to know there are other options besides coconut oil.

@Sharpened *Chants Do it do it do it:walking:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Woooo, gorgeous avi hair, @AbsyBlvd! Beautiful. :smile:

@Sharpened, I think you should tell CurlyProverbz because the mistake hurts her credibility. People already have their issues with lay people and DIYers and so forth. Her "brand" will be strengthened without the mistake. I'm sure she will be glad to have the opportunity to hear it from a supporter and correct it before it makes her look unlearned or like she doesn't research adequately to know her stuff.