Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

JosieLynn

IDK why I always do this to myself...I go on these protective style kicks and immediately start wishing my hair was out and watching every youtube video on the planet about hairstyles...just torturing myself smh. I know at the end of this kick i'll be draping but i'm so impatient with myself sometimes

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm eyeing the Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee.

Back story:
The other day my hair felt pretty dry and was really frizzy. So, I needed to wash and style REALLY (read, relatively) fast: No time for my moisturizing poo bar (takes time to lather, apply in sections, etc.). And the plan was to skip DCing and just use a leave-in and styler and go!

So, I grabbed the only "non-serious" poo I have right now, the Camille Rose Naturals Ginger Rinse (all other poo is either chelating or DH's).

OMG! I forgot how kind-of-stripping that poo leaves my hair. After pooing, my hair was saying, "Please DC me! Please!" But I had not time for that! I really needed a product that could double as a leave-in and DC. The only thing I have like that is the Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, which smells like strong hot chocolate, which I couldn't handle at that juncture. ;)

I ended up applying Curl Junkie leave-in and then having to add butter and cream (I wasn't planning to DO all of that because I was in a hurry).

I feel like if I had used the QCTDG and left it in, it might have been able to DEAL with the effects of the CRN Ginger Rinse. I've smelled the QMTCG, and despite the scary reviews about the smell, it smells alright to me. (They apparently fixed this?!??). I've heard the performance is similar to the QCTDG, and it is listed as being usable as a detangler, a leave-in, OR a deep conditioner. So I'm eyeing it for times like the other day. I guess I could have used the DevaCurl One Condition. But the QMTCG has better ingredients, including ayurvedic ones. Hmmm. :scratchchin:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
My mother bought this book the year I moved out the house and my sister went natural years before I did (sis is a member *waves*):

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Oh my goodness!

I loaded a video into YouTube to play in the background (with my headphones on) and proceeded browsing elsewhere. The video kicked off and I was like, "Oh, what . . . waitwait!: What am I listening to right now?" Wooooo! The music is so suurrrrious for a hair product video. I've recovered now :giggle:, but that touched my spirit. Just slightly. For a second.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Oh my goodness!

I loaded a video into YouTube to play in the background (with my headphones on) and proceeded browsing elsewhere. The video kicked off and I was like, "Oh, what . . . waitwait!: What am I listening to right now?" Wooooo! The music is so suurrrrious for a hair product video. I've recovered now :giggle:, but that touched my spirit. Just slightly. For a second.

:drunk::D I like it.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Hi, @AgeinATL. I've watched about 5 NHJ videos, and I can't find it.

I think @MileHighDiva was the one who posted it a good while back. I'll ask her if she has any idea of what I'm referring to.

Hi, @MileHighDiva: Do you remember creating a thread that featured a video about not over detangling? Do you remember what video it was? I think it was NappyHeadedJojoba, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance for any insight. Blessings!
I don't recall. Could it have been NappyFu?
Or, this one?

I'll try to re-watch them when I get home for the day, @YvetteWithJoy.