Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Wore my hair in 2 flat twists today. A coworker also has her hair in 2 flat twists. The difference? Mine looks like 2 twigs compared to her thick tree trunks. :cry3: And it's salt and pepper, more salt than pepper. Her hair is so thick and beautiful.
Oh man, LOL huh? I want a hoary head. To have a hoary head in righteousness is a crown of glory. Proverbs 16:31.

Comparing is equal to looking down while tight roping, your gonna trip.

Actually I'd be looking at your hair with all those natural God given high-lights.

Smiley79

We're only in August and I'm already looking forward to Black Friday sales like:

Last year I didn't do any BF shopping so this year I plan to partake in a little shopping from my favorite companies.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy, What does the Soultanicals Monoi Deep Conditioner smell like to you? Is the scent strong?

Mine is almost scent-free / odorless. I can hardly smell it at all. I sat there really sniffing it, trying to figure out what it smells like, if anything, so I could report. Maybe she gave me an unscented one or something? I read a review somewhere saying "It smells so good!" o_O :confused: Where? :lol:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Im rediscovering my love for glycerine but Im going to have to find a replacement once the cool weather hits...
I use the same glycerin enriched regimen all year round. I change nothing. I hear about glycerin not being so good in the cold season but I never understand why. My hair still feels the same (extremely moisturized and soft) no matter what the weather.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I use the same glycerin enriched regimen all year round. I change nothing. I hear about glycerin not being so good in the cold season but I never understand why. My hair still feels the same (extremely moisturized and soft) no matter what the weather.

I will be testing that theory because I don't have a choice until I find something else. I hope it works out.

Evolving78

Manic Panic liked my pic on Instagram!! I'm so flattered. I just got an Instagram today so that I can promote hair/beauty products. I can post pics of the products I review.
I had a big product hair company to like my pic too! Cool right! Stick with that brand as far as your pics go. Be strategic and show how the color isn't damaging, the vibrancy, how long it last, etc.. if you are all over the place with posting/tagging different products, you don't show consistency to another consumer, or a company. I have seen how this works from a marketing perspective/experience and from my former marketing classes. There is someone that used and talked about one company so much, that they reached out to her and she became a spokesperson for them. Tours, product demos, interviews, etc..

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a big product hair company to like my pic too! Cool right! Stick with that brand as far as your pics go. Be strategic and show how the color isn't damaging, the vibrancy, how long it last, etc.. if you are all over the place with posting/tagging different products, you don't show consistency to another consumer, or a company. I have seen how this works from a marketing perspective/experience and from my former marketing classes. There is someone that used and talked about one company so much, that they reached out to her and she became a spokesperson for them. Tours, product demos, interviews, etc..
Great advice. Manic Panic is the only brand I use for color any way so yay. I'm looking forward to trying other shades. So far I've done 2 reds, purple and blue.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
CHI infra therma protective treatment (conditioner)... Does it have good slip? Is the infra moisture therapy shampoo any good? Does it make the hair tangle? Thinking about trying these products

FemmeFatale

Anyone here ever used Ouai texturizing hair spray on their weaves :look:? I know this is the makeup section but they carry this at Sephora and the bar forum is more crunchy/natural than here lol.

Ordered from Nordstrom, hopefully I like it.

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I really want to try my new mango butter :bouncegreen:but I shouldn't experiment after henna. I will use the palm butter that I know makes my hair soft and try the mango during the week for sealing