Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Evolving78

Can someone in the Midwest make second ingredient glycerin based product work for them?
I really like leave-in sprays, refreshers, etc, but the majority of them have glycerin as the second ingredient... creams can become to heavy for my hair. It's very fine.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Can someone in the Midwest make second ingredient glycerin based product work for them?
I really like leave-in sprays, refreshers, etc, but the majority of them have glycerin as the second ingredient... creams can become to heavy for my hair. It's very fine.
Silicone serums don't help?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
View attachment 410535 Hi Guys, so this what my hair looking like right now. There are no white spots or gray hairs, it's just shine. My hair feels so soft guys! I sealed hair last night with my BlueMagic. My hair will stay like this for two weeks.

If you don't mind, what your length and how did you do this style? I really love inventive styles like this and am always looking for a bun alternative.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
THEE LAST thing I need is more hair products. But Imma have to give that Fortify'd Naturals a shot. Didnt see too many reviews on here but Ive been hearing good things.
My friend showed me a video of their products. She was obsessed with the product afterwards. There's a Black owned BSS that sells it, but it's out the way for me. I'll ask a friend to get it for me from research.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
The silky section of my hair is annoying as hell! Its big, spanning from the center third of the front of my head, going back to below the crown. It only exists to taunt me. I swear I hear it whispering, "Look how easy I am to detangle. You hardly used any product. I bet you wish the rest of your head was this easy." Cow.

In other news, I'm almost done twisting my hair and it looks good. I've gained quite a bit of length in this style.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
If you don't mind, what your length and how did you do this style? I really love inventive styles like this and am always looking for a bun alternative.
Hey!!! My hair is MBL and measures 16 inches. (I'll also add that I'm very short)

This style is just a simple roll, tuck, and pin. This style never looks the same way each time, you kinda just have to go with the flow of where the hair wants to roll then pin or tuck. And at the end, Boom its a style that looks kinda fancy. This is the original "Protective style"!

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
The silky section of my hair is annoying as hell! Its big, spanning from the center third of the front of my head, going back to below the crown. It only exists to taunt me. I swear I hear it whispering, "Look how easy I am to detangle. You hardly used any product. I bet you wish the rest of your head was this easy." Cow.

In other news, I'm almost done twisting my hair and it looks good. I've gained quite a bit of length in this style.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I understand your pain though. Here is a :rose:for your troubles.

OhTall1

I want to lighten my hair but I don't want to commit to dying it. I'm trying to decide between box braids and crochet braids before my vacation in four weeks.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I can't believe the turn around my hair has made since adding sulfates back into my reggie. Thank you @faithVA for raving about that Nexxus shampoo because it is THA BOMB!!! I don't even know if I got the same shampoo as you but I would have never looked into Nexxus in the first place if it wasn't for your post.

I've been experimenting with styles and at times was washing my hair everyday with it but no dryness at all. Actually quite the opposite. My hair is soooooo soft. Softer than it's been in I don't know how long. I couldn't understand why and even had to look at the ingredients to see if there were cones or something but nothing.

My hair is super easy to detangle with the Nexxus therappe too. It's like my hands just glide through my hair. I'm in love..

faithVA

I can't believe the turn around my hair has made since adding sulfates back into my reggie. Thank you @faithVA for raving about that Nexxus shampoo because it is THA BOMB!!! I don't even know if I got the same shampoo as you but I would have never looked into Nexxus in the first place if it wasn't for your post.

I've been experimenting with styles and at times was washing my hair everyday with it but no dryness at all. Actually quite the opposite. My hair is soooooo soft. Softer than it's been in I don't know how long. I couldn't understand why and even had to look at the ingredients to see if there were cones or something but nothing.

My hair is super easy to detangle with the Nexxus therappe too. It's like my hands just glide through my hair. I'm in love..
I'm glad you liked it. Did you get the conditioner too? I guess salon quality products may just work better. It definitely works better than all of the sulfate free shampoo I have used over the past 6 years.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

I'm glad it worked for you. I haven't tried the new Therapee formula, but the previous one was a tad stripping. I was still transitioning with the last formula so maybe that was why? Nexxus is the only line in always have success with. Always. I use Humectress for a quick DC and it always works well.