Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Maybe wash n gos aren't for me? I am so freaking tired of trying different gels, custards, and or a jelly product. Either the product makes my dang hair too hard, crunchy, dryer or lacks volume (looks flat)... And, or... It does not have enough hold!:pyro::nono:
The volume part can be fixed by a diffuser and/or a pick. The gel cast can be scrunched out with oil.

NatrulyMe

The volume part can be fixed by a diffuser and/or a pick. The gel cast can be scrunched out with oil.

I do not use heat on my high porous hair (I air dry). Also, I tried using a pick and oil to scrunch, but the crunch (cast) be unbearable. I do not think my hair likes the stiffness? The As I Am jelly is alright, yet I think it will not hold my curls on humid days... Next, I will try the KCKT & KCCC. If this does not work, I will try Xtreme Wetline (green top). *Fingers Crossed* Thanks for your suggestion, Sharpened. :love3:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I have a ton of Nature's Bounty hair skin and nails. I just started taking them again. I also started taking my bamboo extract. I mind as well finish up the bottles. I got 8 or more inches my first year natural. And it's about to be hat season so I guess I'll use up my several bottles of Wild Growth oil. I'm going to repeat my first year hair growth stuff. When hat season is over (March 22nd) I will be beyond WL without a doubt.
Lord willing.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I do not use heat on my high porous hair (I air dry). Also, I tried using a pick and oil to scrunch, but the crunch (cast) be unbearable. I do not think my hair likes the stiffness? The As I Am jelly is alright, yet I think it will not hold my curls on humid days... Next, I will try the KCKT & KCCC. If this does not work, I will try Xtreme Wetline (green top). *Fingers Crossed* Thanks for your suggestion, Sharpened. :love3:
Well, Wetline does make the hair hard, unfortunately; hardness does not bother me because it wears off my hair over time and it tangles less. There is one more gel I want to try, the Super Wet Max Hold. I ain't touching jellies, useless on my hair.

There is the Mane Choice Orchid Biotin Gel; not cheap, but it actually clumps my coils when I rake it through.

I air dry, but if I can find a hair dryer that blows cold (not lukewarm cool), I am on it.

NatrulyMe

Well, Wetline does make the hair hard, unfortunately; hardness does not bother me because it wears off my hair over time and it tangles less. There is one more gel I want to try, the Super Wet Max Hold. I ain't touching jellies, useless on my hair.

There is the Mane Choice Orchid Biotin Gel; not cheap, but it actually clumps my coils when I rake it through.

I air dry, but if I can find a hair dryer that blows cold (not lukewarm cool), I am on it.
When I attempt a wash n go, I always use a water spritz bottle, leave-in conditioner and oil then the gel (or custard, etc). Idk, maybe I used too much gel? I tend to be heavy handed on products. lol

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
When I attempt a wash n go, I always use a water spritz bottle, leave-in conditioner and oil then the gel (or custard, etc). Idk, maybe I used too much gel? I tend to be heavy handed on products. lol
So many ways to do a wash & go... Heavy application of gel is normal, but if you get away with less, go for it. I have applied gel in the shower, fresh out the shower, on dampened hair and on dry hair. I have shingled, raked, shook, and scrunched in gel, spraying was a fail. Some get volume from giving their nearly dry hair a shake.

I say, watch some video tutorial on techniques for curly hair and see if you can find something worth trying.

NatrulyMe

So many ways to do a wash & go... Heavy application of gel is normal, but if you get away with less, go for it. I have applied gel in the shower, fresh out the shower, on dampened hair and on dry hair. I have shingled, raked, shook, and scrunched in gel, spraying was a fail. Some get volume from giving their nearly dry hair a shake.

I say, watch some video tutorial on techniques for curly hair and see if you can find something worth trying.

I was starting to think that I was doing it all wrong. lol. I will continue to search around. Thanks!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I'm helping my little 6 year old niece get the thing I always wanted at her age, the gift of long hair. I have been doing her hair for over a year now whew has it grown! She retained 8 inches so far. My little six year old self is living vicariously through her.

She's not going to be like me at that age wishing she had long hair like Sue, she's going to have it too.

I told her "when you turn 15 you will do Auntie Dora's hair". She agreed and reminded me a week later of what I told her lol. Her little voice tickles me.

Last edited:

NatrulyMe

I'm helping my little 6 year old niece get the thing I always wanted at her age, the gift of long hair. I have been doing her hair for over a year now whew has it grown! She retained 8 inches so far. My little six year old self is living vicariously through her.

She's not going to be like me at that age wishing she had long hair like Sue, she's going to have it too.

I told her "when you turn 15 you can do Auntie Dora's hair". She agreed and reminded me a week later of what I told her lol. Her little voice tickles me.

You are a great auntie! :love4:
I have quite a few nieces and nephews as well as great ones...

NatrulyMe

We're teaching them everything we know. At least what we know about hair growth anyway lol. I love seeing good mothers on YouTube growing their child's hair to great exceptional lengths.
Good. Yes, I do too.
I wished my mother would've made sure that I stayed natural. She use to straighten my hair with a hot comb that she placed on the stove aisle. I hated when she comb my hair and I cried getting my hair done. Anyways, I was always the tender-headed child of her's. lol I was natural up until 15years old.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Good. Yes, I do too.
I wished my mother would've made sure that I stayed natural. She use to straighten my hair with a hot comb that she placed on the stove aisle. I hated when she comb my hair and I cried getting my hair done. Anyways, I was always the tender-headed child of her's. lol I was natural up until 15years old.
I wasn't a stranger to the hot comb neither! Hot comb, every black household staple.

Lissa0821

I have been watching crochet braid videos for weeks and am still confuse on which hair I want to use. I plan of going to beauty supply store and take my time looking at each texture and going with my gut. That is what I do when I am looking for a new wig but don't have particular style in mind.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Okay. I don't really have a preference for long hair or short hair. I think "medium" length works best overall for me--when it's straight. I think for my hair to do what I want it to do and look the way I want it to look, when curly, it has to be long (stretched length has to be long, my shrinkage is at least 50% lol).

I really start to lose my mind once my hair reaches BSL but maybe that is just an awkward length for me and it's a hump I have to get over. Looking back at pics when my hair was much longer (MBL) I like how my curls behaved and clumped together at that length.

*Sigh* :lol: I guess I'm back to growing my hair out. Y'all kick me if I come back to this thread in 6 months talking bout "I caint take it no mo, i'm finna cut it!!" :lol: I need to get out of this vicious cycle!!!