Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

NatrulyMe

Any one has some suggestions for a clarifying shampoo? I jumped on blue magic grease as my sealent but can't get this stuff out of my hair with a sulfate free shampoo. I used the coconut one which like, but I need to be able to wash it out.

Have you ever tried ACV rinse? Mix it with water in a spray bottle. Then, spray your hair and scalp. Rinse with warm water. This is just a suggestion. Maybe somebody else knows something better?

NatrulyMe

^^^ I can try ACV for my mid week wash. But I really want this grease out on wash day, Sunday. Thanks for the suggestion!

You can also try Baking soda rinse as well as Bentonite & Rhassoul Clay too. I used ACV rinse & bentonite clay to clarify myself.

fifi134

On my way to the BSS :auto: Buying oils to make some more of my oil mixture (jojoba, coconut, amla, grapeseed and almond if I can find them). Gonna also buy a jar for me to make a prepoo with some conditioner and oils.

Since the weather is getting drier, my eczema is flaring up so I really gotta be on the ball with scalp health.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@NatrulyMe I really hope this is "the one".
Any one has some suggestions for a clarifying shampoo? I jumped on blue magic grease as my sealent but can't get this stuff out of my hair with a sulfate free shampoo. I used the coconut one which I like, but I need to be able to wash it out.
You can't get it out? :D

I use my J.R. Liggett's shampoo bar as usual. Or any regular shampoo.

ETA: what's wrong with using a sulfate shampoo?

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Kay (owner of Jakeala at Etsy.com) is great.

A while back I ordered her Shea Amla Parfait because it's whipped (fluffy) Shea butter containing all kinds of great ayurvedic ingredients. I loved it so much I ordered a second jar. Well, that jar arrived soupy (liquidy) instead of fluffy (an airy solid).

Now, she had already gifted me with a FREE JAR of her Matcha Green Tea Avocado Deep Conditioner (Beau Vert Masque). I love the ingredients in this stuff!!! But then . . . when I asked her about the soupy consistency of the Shea Amla Parfait, she responded quickly and very candidly: SHE WILL SEND ANOTHER JAR (for free). However, just fyi, if it is hot (climate/weather), the product might get soupy, she said.

Kay, I already thanked you, and I don't know if you are a member here, BUT THANK YOU! Thank you for the simple, honest, CANDID reply so that I can know when to order the product going forward. Thank you for sending the free replacement jar. Thank you for the free masque. Thank you for providing nontoxic ayurvedic hair products for Type 4 hair. Thank you.

Alma Petra

Kay (owner of Jakeala at Etsy.com) is great.

A while back I ordered her Shea Amla Parfait because it's whipped (fluffy) Shea butter containing all kinds of great ayurvedic ingredients. I loved it so much I ordered a second jar. Well, that jar arrived soupy (liquidy) instead of fluffy (an airy solid).

Now, she had already gifted me with a FREE JAR of her Matcha Green Tea Avocado Deep Conditioner (Beau Vert Masque). I love the ingredients in this stuff!!! But then . . . when I asked her about the soupy consistency of the Shea Amla Parfait, she responded quickly and very candidly: SHE WILL SEND ANOTHER JAR (for free). However, just fyi, if it is hot (climate/weather), the product might get soupy, she said.

Kay, I already thanked you, and I don't know if you are a member here, BUT THANK YOU! Thank you for the simple, honest, CANDID reply so that I can know when to order the product going forward. Thank you for sending the free replacement jar. Thank you for the free masque. Thank you for providing nontoxic ayurvedic hair products for Type 4 hair. Thank you.

So there is nothing wrong with the soupy jar that you own now? Is that soupiness reversible when the weather cools down again?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
So there is nothing wrong with the soupy jar that you own now? Is that soupiness reversible when the weather cools down again?

:eek:

I was just about to type, "Nope, nothing wrong with how effective the product should be, but it remains soupy," . . . but I decided to check that for accuracy before typing it.

Guess what? It's solid! It went back to the light, airy, aerated, fluffy, solid-y texture.

I'm going to message her at Esty and tell her. Hopefully she hasn't sent the extra free jar!!! If she has, then I bet even if I ask her to let me properly pay for it, she won't let me. :(

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Any one has some suggestions for a clarifying shampoo? I jumped on blue magic grease as my sealent but can't get this stuff out of my hair with a sulfate free shampoo. I used the coconut one which I like, but I need to be able to wash it out.
I really like Redken Hair Cleansing Cream in the white bottle. It cleans super well without stripping.

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
There's a store on etsy advertising a hair refresher spray in a water bottle. Like a from the store Nestle brand bottle of water with the label removed... you couldn't even put in effort to get a clear plastic spray bottle from the dollar store? o_O I'm not even going to comment on the product inside of the bottle that's all separated looking like old cooking grease. I mean at least they tried to jazz it up by placing some random herbs and leaves on the plate with the bottle. :rolleyes:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
TERRIBLE!

How am I going to get that Soultanicals Fall coilments bundle into the house?

How, Sway?

I gotta give it to Ayo. Her ingredients are bomb.

Okay. So how long can I hold off ordering before I miss out? I mean, how many of these bundles are available? Does she make hundreds and hundreds, I wonder?

ETA:
:scratchchin: Hmm. I only want the shampoo, mask, and custard from the bundle and nothing else.

Last edited:

Karmi

@NatrulyMe I really hope this is "the one".

You can't get it out? :D

I use my J.R. Liggett's shampoo bar as usual. Or any regular shampoo.

ETA: what's wrong with using a sulfate shampoo?

I missed this. Sulfate free shampoos dries my hair out so if I have to use a strong cleanser to get the grease out I'd rather go with a clarifying shampoo to ensure it completely strips it out.
I may have to fall back on this blue magic stuff.

Alma Petra

Yesterday, I ripped my crown apart trying to detangle it with my denman brush. I was being overly stubborn. I just wanted to be able to run the denman from root to tip in one go, and my hair wouldn't let me. I would detangle the whole length of hair bit by bit and it would re-tangle up immediately. The brush kept snagging at exactly the same points (demarcation lines between different textures) at about 10 cm, 15 cm and 20 cm from the root, ever after these points have been detangled thoroughly. Adding more conditioner didn't help neither. My strands just wanted to mesh together. I think it took me half an hour and half of my strands to be able to pass that brush from root to tip, and I was only detangling a section at the crown.

This was a sad reminder of why I decided to stop texlaxing/relaxing. I miss when my hair was all natural and so easy to brush through even when dry!!

I think that one tends to blame the new growth for all the tangling when it's actually the newly formed demarcation line that causes the mess.

Evolving78

Yesterday, I ripped my crown apart trying to detangle it with my denman brush. I was being overly stubborn. I just wanted to be able to run the denman from root to tip in one go, and my hair wouldn't let me. I would detangle the whole length of hair bit by bit and it would re-tangle up immediately. The brush kept snagging at exactly the same points (demarcation lines between different textures) at about 10 cm, 15 cm and 20 cm from the root, ever after these points have been detangled thoroughly. Adding more conditioner didn't help neither. My strands just wanted to mesh together. I think it took me half an hour and half of my strands to be able to pass that brush from root to tip, and I was only detangling a section at the crown.

This was a sad reminder of why I decided to stop texlaxing/relaxing. I miss when my hair was all natural and so easy to brush through even when dry!!

I think that one tends to blame the new growth for all the tangling when it's actually the newly formed demarcation line that causes the mess.
That's exactly what it is. Two different textures not living in peace together! Lol
I'm sorry about your detangling session.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I missed this. Sulfate free shampoos dries my hair out so if I have to use a strong cleanser to get the grease out I'd rather go with a clarifying shampoo to ensure it completely strips it out.
I may have to fall back on this blue magic stuff.

Oh! I see.

For my hair, it doesn't matter how stripping a shampoo can be, when I add my DC and moisturizers, BOOM its like the shampoo didn't even happen.

PJaye

When was your last protein treatment? When my hair webs and sticks together, that's a sign that it needs a kick of protein.