Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

LushLox

I might shave the shorter side off and just keep the longer side...

And here I am, supposed to be growing my hair :lachen:

I need some braids or weave or something.

Yeah I have periods like this. I still do my hair of course but perhaps without the undue care and effort and lack of consistency.

Fortunately I haven’t felt like that for a while, I actually feel quite engaged and motivated these days. I hope I can keep it up. :look:

Bad&Bougee

@Bad&Bougee dew eet. :abducted:

No seriously, try it.

How can I describe it? Its smooth and creamy has the faintest smell of vanilla. Its like Shea but lighter imo makes my hair stupid soft. I usually mix it with a little evoo or argan oil. I cant take credit though @lulu97 raves hipped me onto it

I most certainly will. I'm excited! From what I've read here and on other sites it seems to be some really good stuff. Thanks to both you and @lulu97.

Bad&Bougee

Yes. Coconut oil can penetrate the hair shaft and build up in the hair. It can have protein effects even though it isn’t. Those with LoPo hair like myself can’t really use coconut oil because it hardens and breaks the hair over time. It will also block moisture. That’s why I avoid it. Avocado oil is a good option for HiPo hair because it’s smoothing, but I can’t use it.

Shea Butter isn’t a bad Butter to use but it needs to be cleansed often. It can leave a moisture blocking film. Which is why I kinda avoid Shea Butter in shampoos. When I used the SM JBCO shampoo, I liked it but had to clarify more often.

Any butter or oil you use will cause build up, so you just have to go with those that will agree most with your hair. My hair is thick (strands) and dense, so light Butters and oils don’t do much for me. Heavier ones seal better and since my hair holds moisture well, I only have to wash once a week.

I keep forgetting about my Avocado oil. I use it all the time but it gets put on the back burner in conversations because it doesn't cause any negative side affects. It is a very good moisturizing oil that provides a nice sleek, shiny look. I need to find a reputable Avocado butter.

@Saludable84 you are a wealth of info. Thank you ma'am!

imaginary

The longest layers of my hair are at bra strap length :eek:. The front is still short, but I'm trying to stop stressing about it. I'm just annoyed because bunning has really helped my hair and I wish it was at least long enough that I could wet bun without needing gel. Oh well, guess it's more protective styling for me :drunk:.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
My hair is too doggone coily for a center part, so I fluffed it out. I need some decorative clips before trying that again.

Coily hair hides a multitude of sins...

I like the way tamanu oil feels on my scalp, but it is too light to clump my coils. Thinking about mixing it with a little castor and vitamin E. Hmm...

beingofserenity

I wash and condition my hair with keracare products. I spray a watery leave-in/heat protectant. I blow dry. Sometime flat iron my roots.

I also really love using this spray serum for amazing smell and shine.

Das it.

I'm the happiest I've ever been with my hair and I barely do anything. The products I use on my hair make all the difference.

RossBoss

Has anyone noticed that the hair on the side that you sleep on is drier than the side that you don't? I noticed this once I went natural. I am sleeping with silk scarves but I still notice a slight difference in curl definition and shine between my left and right side of my hair. We're halfway through the day and my left side is still shiny and defined from the products I used this morning while my right side still looks good but not quite as defined and glossy. Maybe the problem will go away once my hair grows out some. Right now, my hair is growing out a twa.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Winter is coming.

I need someone around here that can do crochet braids. There will be a month or 2 where I need to hide my hair.

Girl today for me it feels like its already here :sad: its a crisp 48 rn. I still went running outside though so take that polar air! *insert power ranger high kicks* :lol:

I most certainly will. I'm excited! From what I've read here and on other sites it seems to be some really good stuff. Thanks to both you and @lulu97.

Yay! :yay: Come back and tell us how you find it :yep:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Has anyone noticed that the hair on the side that you sleep on is drier than the side that you don't? I noticed this once I went natural. I am sleeping with silk scarves but I still notice a slight difference in curl definition and shine between my left and right side of my hair. We're halfway through the day and my left side is still shiny and defined from the products I used this morning while my right side still looks good but not quite as defined and glossy. Maybe the problem will go away once my hair grows out some. Right now, my hair is growing out a twa.
The side I sleep on is shorter than the other. I think the ends were worn off, even with using a silk pillowcase. :perplexed:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The new Mielle Organics pomegranate line smells nice. Is the exfoliationg shampoo able to exfoliate the scalp? Is the twisting creme/cream any good?

Bad&Bougee

I used a tiny bit of raw Shea butter with a little Razac hairdress on my rollerset this morning and my curls were really moisturized. It was a rainy day but my curls stayed in place, were bouncy and did not frizz at all!! I'm late to the party but I think I like Shea butter. I'd planned to ACV this weekend just in case I over do it.

Still trying to find a whipped mango Shea butter and a whipped Avocado butter. I know I can DIY but I really don't feel like it. Maybe while I'm out on FMLA in December I might make a few whipped butters to pass the time.

Honey Bee

@YvetteWithJoy I know I've said this to you before, but you look so much like my mother's people, it's creepy that you're not actually family. Wow. :lol:

Anyway, hair-wise, I'm mired in this crochet installation. I ran out of hair (had to send SO :lol:), got sick, had a terrible period, my disability flared up, it's been, like, three weeks! :lachen: It's straight, wl, and 99j (by special request :look:). The hair I bought sucks tho, just regular bss braiding hair, but I was unfamiliar with the brands, sooo... it's feeling like a ratty wig right now. :ohwell: Don't worry, I have a technique that works (my Maxiglide, using both the teeth and the steam), but just whhhhhhhhyyyyy? :rolleyes: :yawn: I wanna move on to the slayage now.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy I know I've said this to you before, but you look so much like my mother's people, it's creepy that you're not actually family. Wow. :lol:

Anyway, hair-wise, I'm mired in this crochet installation. I ran out of hair (had to send SO :lol:), got sick, had a terrible period, my disability flared up, it's been, like, three weeks! :lachen: It's straight, wl, and 99j (by special request :look:). The hair I bought sucks tho, just regular bss braiding hair, but I was unfamiliar with the brands, sooo... it's feeling like a ratty wig right now. :ohwell: Don't worry, I have a technique that works (my Maxiglide, using both the teeth and the steam), but just whhhhhhhhyyyyy? :rolleyes: :yawn: I wanna move on to the slayage now.

Wow! That's crazy! :smile:

Glad you have a technique to address the hair. How's it faring?